Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookiejay is offline Member

Doc calls asking if I used AAS..... acvice needed

I had a physical on Monday. (I had to have it, otherwise I wouldn't schedule it)

As a joke I told the doc that I'm loosing height.

They took an x-ray of my spine.

Doc called back yesterday and told me that I have some bone thinning and it's causing height shrinking. She asked me f I use AAS. She wants to take another blood test.

I am in the middle of a cycle. Should I avoid any blood testing till the end of the cycle? Should I worry about anything?

shango88 is offline Associate Member
    You should be honest with your doctor. Explain to him its an educated choice. He may be against steroids but he can do specific tests, like liver values, to make sure you are as healthy as can be while on. Unless your a minor or something he can not tell anyone what your doing. If you are a minor what the heck are you doing taking juice in the first place..

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiejay
    I had a physical on Monday. (I had to have it, otherwise I wouldn't schedule it)

Doc called back yesterday and told me that I have some bone thinning and it's causing height shrinking. She asked me f I use AAS. She wants to take another blood test.

I am in the middle of a cycle. Should I avoid any blood testing till the end of the cycle? Should I worry about anything?

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    why r u telling jokes like that? is an x-ray fun? that s stupid.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Something stinks here! This story doesn't add up. No way they would assume AS for bone loss out of the gate, what is the real deal?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Look what happens when you joke around.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    why r u telling jokes like that? is an x-ray fun? that s stupid.
    I was always 5'11 and 1/2 - almost 6' tall. They measured my height and it was only 5'10 --- that's where I joked saying "looks like I'm shrinking - cause I was always almost 6'" The doc said - will do a x-ray on your spine.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Something stinks here!
    I agree...

What's the real deal?

shango88 is offline Associate Member
    I was always 5'11 and 1/2 - almost 6' tall. They measured my height and it was only 5'10 --- that's where I joked saying "looks like I'm shrinking - cause I was always almost 6'" The doc said - will do a x-ray on your spine.
    Just curious, Did you go late in the day?
    Often if you are on your feet all day as the day does on gravity will compress your spine a bit and you will measure a little shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by shango88
    Just curious, Did you go late in the day?
    Often if you are on your feet all day as the day does on gravity will compress your spine a bit and you will measure a little shorter.
    I went early in the moring.

But the issue here is --- the x-rays showed bone thinning - that's what causes height shrinking in older people (65yo +) - I'm 39. They want to run blood tests now and the doc asked me if I use AAS. Should I go for the tests now or should I wait till I'm done with the cycle.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    well in this situation tell ur doc that u use and run the tests.

filter123 is offline Junior Member
    he's your doctor, not a policeman

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Tell the doctor, but know the first thing he is going to say is.......STOP! Steroids will give you heart disease, make you shrink, kill your father and rape your mother, cause a shift in the earths crusts, etc. etc. etc.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Tell the doctor, but know the first thing he is going to say is.......STOP! Steroids will give you heart disease, make you shrink, kill your father and rape your mother, cause a shift in the earths crusts, etc. etc. etc.
    Not just that but if you have health insurance through your work they could drop you if the doctor tells them about it. It's a fine line to walk....depends on how well you know your doctor as to if you tell him/her or not.

Everyone does relize we are all shrinking? Lifting weights doesn't help matters either. Could be your just shrinking bro. If I were you I'd tell her no I'm not and that I'm not really worried about my height and I don't think more tests are necessary.

Bump your calcium a little.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't tell my Dr. Maybe if I went to a sports medicine guy and he was cool I would tell him. But not my regular MD.

But then again, if he called my house to ask me if I was taking AAS after reviewing my test results, then I might think its serious enough to tell him.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Doc needs to know. end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    I wouldn't tell my Dr. Maybe if I went to a sports medicine guy and he was cool I would tell him. But not my regular MD.

But then again, if he called my house to ask me if I was taking AAS after reviewing my test results, then I might think its serious enough to tell him.
    i 100% agree...use your best judgement

1Leader is offline Associate Member
    Tell him bro , hes only there to help , I am sure your not the first person he has worked with on AAS problems.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

no.. do not tell your doctor..

People think the doctor has a confidentiality thing with the patient.. and that is true to a point.. however, you sign release forms for alot of things..

he will put it in your records.. your employers, insurance, and police will have access to those records..

get the point......
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

RUballs0514 is offline Associate Member
    didn't know that aas could cause deteriorization of the spine. curious how the doc came up with that so quick. but def be honest with her about it. she has to keep it confidential or its a breachment of doc/patient confidentiality and you can sue her butt for all she's worth.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RUballs0514
    didn't know that aas could cause deteriorization of the spine. curious how the doc came up with that so quick.
    This is why everyone is saying that something is rotten in this story. It doesn't add up at all.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    yes it is not the first thing someone would ask about, I saw an episode of House where they blamed AS for bone loss, wtf?

i think its just a conspiracy against us. subversive method or something. THEY'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!!!

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    yes it is not the first thing someone would ask about, I saw an episode of House where they blamed AS for bone loss, wtf?
    Maybe his doctor saw that episode

hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    i would have him look into other reasons too, it could be due to anohter condition

ire
    ire is offline Junior Member

Strange

First off this sounded from the start like a mandatory/job physical. If so, why woul you get into a situation for xrays and bloodwork while on a cycle?

Personally, Im always careful when doc's want to run xrays-I feel their just going after the insurance money. They get big money on that simple xray. Get a second opinion on this doc bro, go to a different doc.
    Last edited by ire; 03-24-2005 at 09:06 AM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by RUballs0514
    didn't know that aas could cause deteriorization of the spine. curious how the doc came up with that so quick. but def be honest with her about it. she has to keep it confidential or its a breachment of doc/patient confidentiality and you can sue her butt for all she's worth.

wow........ that's not true.. ask rush limbaugh....... hid docs had to turn over his medical records..

lets say you get popped for a vial of test... Under the Homeland Security act they get a hold of your medical records..

guess what..... you are now a confirmed user..

and thus.. unemployable by some..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

FinaGuy is offline Associate Member
    I agree with juggernaut, watch out for the health insurance...
    somthing doesnt really add up with the story, but its your call weather to tell em... youll get alot of diff point of veiws on this... i prob wouldnt tell personally but also i dont know the whole story.

Vegas67 is offline Member
    With all the crap about baseball and AAS its on everyones mind....epecially if you are sitting in exam room looking buffed. I have told the last 2 docs that asked me that question "Yes I am on HRT and am having my blood monitored."..which I am. They ended up being more intrested then concerned. Most docs over 50 know just a cursory amount about the subject...no offence to anybody.

mule1983 is offline Associate Member
    lets say you get popped for a vial of test... Under the Homeland Security act they get a hold of your medical records..

guess what..... you are now a confirmed user..

Its too bad that my vial of test is a homeland security risk... guess one of the side effects of using is becoming a terrorist. **** the man!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you use a lot of aromatase inhibitors? Estrogen promotes bone density. Low estrogen obviously would result in the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    no.. do not tell your doctor..

People think the doctor has a confidentiality thing with the patient.. and that is true to a point.. however, you sign release forms for alot of things..

he will put it in your records.. your employers, insurance, and police will have access to those records..

get the point......

yep...i almost got denied a 7 fig life ins policy cuz my doc put down that i was taking AAS when I was clean and only using Andro and Creatine. Explained to underwriter and they were cool. doc almost got his ass sued. Be careful what you say. Nothing is private.

wow, maybe i need to brush up on my legal knowledge before i start spoutin off like that again

p0d0078 is offline Associate Member
    wtf man! they should put all the man power on catching Bin Laden instead of coming after us. Anyways about the doc, if you can trust him/her go ahead but be very careful.if i was you i wouldn't tell her sh1t only when she brings some evidence that it is life and death and she need to know.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I've a question for you, why haven't you looked into HRT? You're old enough to get scrips for it, then stack on top whatever extra......at least it would be in your medical records that it's prescribed to you. Just an idea.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    i've actually heard of this before. when i first started a friend of mine kept telling me how bad it was and her sis is an xray tech told her that some steroids cause bone thinning. I didn;t bother asking which ones but now im kinda curious. i though she was just full of **** cause she didn;t liek the idea of me using them but after this who knows maybe ill look into it again.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    what are u running and what have u ran rookiejay ?

Alpine is offline New Member
    Bone thinning from AAS?

bump

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Weightlifting doesn't cause shrinking, bad posture and age do. A well trained athlete will have better posture than his or her non training equivalent. I've never seen any research that shows resistance training causes a permanent and uncorrectable compression. The arche of the foot flattens out with age and can be responsible for some shrinking.
    Last edited by inheritmylife; 03-25-2005 at 01:50 AM.

Thanks for your input bros. Sorry for a delayed response.

I'll try to answer most of the questions.

I'm currently on my 18th week of test and EQ (started with dbol ) - this is the longest cycle I've ever done - I've had several 8 to 16 weeks cycles in the past.

I don't think it was difficult for the doc to suspect that I was on AAS. I'm almost 40 yo - 195 and 7% BF.

Anyway - I aked a few of my MD friends - they (off the record) suggested to get off the cycle first then do the tests. There sited several reasons for that (test accuracy and insurance were among the reasons) But they did insist that I do the tests ASAP.

So, I got off the cycle and starting my PCT next week.

lafayettehitter is offline New Member
    Here is a question then? I was planning on having some blood work done and having my Kidney values checked. How do you go about doing this without having the Doctor know why you are interested in it?

Thanks for responses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information