judge_dread is offline Member

Metformin (Glucophage)

Have u ever tried this fat loss agent? Need some feedback.

^val^ is offline New Member
    bumb this, i'm also interested about Glucophage

Unearth is offline New Member
    ive ran it before. It seemed to work. from the research ive done, its supposed to be like reallllly strong Alpha Lipoic Acid. But its just a glucose flusher. keeps glucose out of your body so you burn fat for fuel. Basically induces a deep ketogenic state.

I still prefer to consume high doses of ALA. around 3 grams a day. It helps carbs to not stick to fat cells, helps muscles for fuel, antioxident blah blah. One thing i DO know is that when you dose that high it makes your piss REAK.

Its just as expensive as ALA and illegal, i picked mine up in mexico awhile back. Just grab some ALA from GNC and save yourself the trouble.

300mg ALA tablets
    Clenbuterol
    and Diet. and you WILL cut

oh yea. cardio ...lots of it
    Last edited by Unearth; 06-23-2005 at 09:30 AM.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Glucophage controls liver glucose, I like avadia better, it helps shutle nuteriants into the muscle

JohnnyB

Unearth: what dosage did you run it mate?
    side effects? specifically did it affect your appetite?

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Glucophage controls liver glucose, I like avadia better, it helps shutle nuteriants into the muscle

JohnnyB

Like Johnny B said, glucophage reduces the amount of glucose produced in the liver, avandia and actos are in a different class, they sensitize the muscle, fat and liver cells to insulin basically increasing the cells response to insulin and helping the body absorb nutriets.

Some doctors who work in shady diet centres will prescribe metformin for weight loss, as there is a mild amount of weight loss associated with it, maybe 2-5 lbs tops. with actos and avandia, you may see an increase in weight as one of the sides is peripheral edema, so the weight may be due to water retention or due to your body absorbing more nutrients (as it does when you inject insulin)

The other diabetic agent which some shady doctors prescribe to help people lose weight is Acarbose, it inhibits the absorption of carbs before they enter the stomach (not sure on exact mechanism of action). again, you wont see a significant effect and the sides are pretty bad (lots of gi problems, upset stomach and diarhea)

Metformin is cheap as hell (at least in canada it is) but i still wouldnt waste your money.

I used it a few years back. It's comprable to insulin , as a glucose dispersal agent...when I didn't eat right...I got all sleepy and shitty. I'd say you should avoid it.

judge_dread is offline Member
    thanx a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    hypoglycemia isnt possible with metformin alone(but its possible if drinking alcohole while taking it).
    True. That's exactly what it says in my glucophage instructions leaflet.

Judge: will you use it? i'm thinking of giving it a go for 8 wks tops, maybe we could exchange feedback?

are you sure? the fass(sweden has a big goverment monopoly on all drug/medicin sales and the fass is the book where all the info about them is written)specificly claims that hypoglycemia isnt possible with metformin alone(but its possible if drinking alcohole while taking it).
    No hypoglycemia with metformin alone, I'm not sure if that's what hooker was saying happened to him though, maybe he was, I dunno.

maby I intepreted his post wrong.
    Or I may have....

It can lower your blood sugar dramatically (hence the effects I felt), but can't actually cause true hypoglycemia, and put you in a coma.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    It can lower your blood sugar dramatically (hence the effects I felt), but can't actually cause true hypoglycemia, and put you in a coma.
    True, especially if you already have normal blood glucose levels to begin with and are not diabetic. I can see why that would make you feel like shitt

Had I Fukced up like that with insulin , I would have been in a coma.

Thread Information