Mutant is offline Banned

If you are estrogen sensative then are you progesterone sensative?

Are most people sensative to progesterone if they are sensative to estrogen? I personally get gyno easily, and was wondering this in general.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    yep

Mutant is offline Banned
    Well, i'm going to have to say that sucks! I know what is supposed to help with progesterone related sides, but what do you guys personally use to help block them?

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    i think b-12 helps fight prgesterone gyno, but better double check that

joevette is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer1
    i think b-12 helps fight prgesterone gyno, but better double check that
    Since progestone related sides are fueled by estrogen then I'd say yes you would have problems. BTW it's B6.

OneEyedJohnny is offline Junior Member
    But not neccessarily, depends on YOUR body ... some people have more receptors of either type in their breast tissue (yes, we as males DO have breast tissue ... it is just not as developed as women's due to lack of high amounts of estrogen and progesterone floating around in our blood). Growth of breast tissue is hormonally regulated, just with any other tissue in our bodies. Experiment and see what happens, if you get some nipple tenderness from any of the progesterone converting steroids , monitor it and then decide whether you will discontinue the steroid and take a short term cycle of antiprogesterone or take an anti-progesterone from the time the nipple tenderness starts until the end of the steroid cycle (if you do this, you will have to fool around with the dose of the anti-progesterone until the nipple tenderness disappears) ... but have the anti-progesterone on hand before you begin taking the steroid. Do a search for anti-progesterone's ... I am going to get some liquid bromocriptine or some cabergoline for my future deca cycle toward the end of this year just in case, never had a problem with fina even at higher dosages. A buddy of mine was "deca-sensitive" though, he developed progesterone related gyno but never had a problem with other AAS that are associated with increased progesterone levels. I would say this is one of those cases where "it depends on the person" but you ARE probably at higher risk of being progesterone sensitive if you are estrogen sensitive, you will just have to try it and find out.
    Last edited by OneEyedJohnny; 03-30-2005 at 03:50 PM.

Mutant is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Since progestone related sides are fueled by estrogen then I'd say yes you would have problems. BTW it's B6.
    So if they are fueled by estrogen, then Arimidex would lower progesterone levels right? Also, since Nolva only blocks the estrogen receptors, then taking Nolva wouldnt help with that at all?

OneEyedJohnny is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant
    So if they are fueled by estrogen, then Arimidex would lower progesterone levels right? Also, since Nolva only blocks the estrogen receptors, then taking Nolva wouldnt help with that at all?
    No, read my post above.

Mutant is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedJohnny
    No, read my post above.
    I was writing my reply as you were writing that post. Thanks.

joevette is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant
    Kinda, there was a really good post by pheedno a while back explaining it all. It takes high estrogen levels to get progestinic effects, but I'm not sure if a-dex will completly stop it. Try to find pheedno's thread.

Thread Information