AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Couple Anavar questions

1) Does anavar burn fat at all by itself? I'm not looking for a "magic fat loss pill" I'm mainly using it for hardening and vascularity purposes while cutting. Here is a link to my diet http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php?t=159141
    I will be doing AM cardio 3-5 times per week.

2) Will Anavar preserve muscle on a caloric deficit? I'm eating 3000 calories per day right now but it still seems like too much to me, so I might drop a pro/fat meal to make it right around 2500.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 03-30-2005 at 01:45 AM.

Its great for preserving mass on a cutting diet. I havent noticed much fat loss from it in the past, but I swear it makes my mid-section look smaller.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    no, it s not burning fat.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Answer to both questions:

YES

Great read:

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=112543

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    nah, it s only one study carry out with old obese man that showed a fat loss. no other study confirmed that.

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member

var

From my cycles with anavar , I always do lose bodyfat but having said that, I think it is certainly not the anavar by itself that is causing the fat loss.

I always get more cut and lose bodyfat when using it.

The last anavar cycle I did where I kept track of bodyfat percentage was some time ago, but my bodyfat dropped from 14% to 9% while doing a three month cycle of only anavar. It was the "real" prescription stuff at 20 mg per day. I know 95% of the people on this board will say that dose is way too low, but all I can say is that it did work for me. Perhaps it was the fact that it was prescription grade that made it more effective.

I think the key is the diet and workout, including cardio. When you have those facets dialed in, the anavar helps you to gain quality muscle that in turn also helps burn bodyfat.

And I "feel" less hungry when using anavar, so I wonder if it has a slight appetite supressing effect. This also helps with fat loss.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopcat528
    From my cycles with anavar , I always do lose bodyfat but having said that, I think it is certainly not the anavar by itself that is causing the fat loss.

I always get more cut and lose bodyfat when using it.

The last anavar cycle I did where I kept track of bodyfat percentage was some time ago, but my bodyfat dropped from 14% to 9% while doing a three month cycle of only anavar. It was the "real" prescription stuff at 20 mg per day. I know 95% of the people on this board will say that dose is way too low, but all I can say is that it did work for me. Perhaps it was the fact that it was prescription grade that made it more effective.

I think the key is the diet and workout, including cardio. When you have those facets dialed in, the anavar helps you to gain quality muscle that in turn also helps burn bodyfat.

And I "feel" less hungry when using anavar, so I wonder if it has a slight appetite supressing effect. This also helps with fat loss.
    Yes anavar is known to be appetite surpressive. It doesn't really directly burn fat but since you are gaining lean mass for ever 2pounds of muscle you gain you lose 1% of bodyfat.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    1) I'm not looking for a "magic fat loss pill" I'm mainly using it for hardening and vascularity purposes while cutting.

This was his question, and the answer is still YES

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky B
    Yes anavar is known to be appetite surpressive. It doesn't really directly burn fat but since you are gaining lean mass for ever 2pounds of muscle you gain you lose 1% of bodyfat.
    thats for a 200lb person and its actually only .1% BF

Let's put it this way, don't knock it until you try it.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Thanks for the link, LMO, very good read!! I think after reading that I'm going to reduce my calories... if I'm still getting 300g protein, 90g carbs (150 on training days) and around 80g fat I should be able to build some LBM on this cutting diet.

VIVA LA ANAVAR !!
    Last edited by AandF6969; 03-30-2005 at 05:27 PM.

Thread Information