mmhhmm is offline Junior Member

research company wants to know why????!

i ordered some powder DNP off of a research company on-line. the order went through last night. but this afternoon i got a phone call from them asking for me to send them a fax on why i was using this product. I asked does it have to be from a buisness and they said that would be better. they also asked for me to photo copy my drivers lisence and send it with the fax. Does anyone have any ideas on what i can tell the research company i'am using DNP for? i was thinking i could just tell them i'am a college student and it is for a home end of year project or something. anyone got some ideas i would greatly appreciate it!

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I think some use it as a fertilizer, check that out on the net

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Isn't DNP related to explosives in some way? Maybe that's why they want to know. Post 9/11 and all. Or am I thinking of something else.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    tell them ur doing an graduate study exp on rats

Ummm...maybe that is a sign that you shouldn't mess around with that crap.

AVAGO is offline Member
    I'd run for the hills ppl get busted from faxes.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    yes dnp is related to explosives I think it is used in the detonator caps or something

yes DNP is used to detonat TNT. it is not illegal to purchase DNP in powder form it is only illegal to make it in capsule. anyone got something legit i can use?? any VET's out there??

jbol is offline Senior Member
    Id walk away and never look back...JMO

alex117k is offline Junior Member
    Hey bro, it's used as a dye in the lumber industry or by small businesses that do wood working. Study up on how to make a dye out of it in case they follow up on it with you. You do remember, if anyone asks you, you bought a nice table at a flea market with a beautiful yellow stain and when you asked the guy what he used on it he told you DNP . You're just trying to recreate that fine stain.

Also used as a pesticide. Say you have rats around your house and heard DNP works well.
    Last edited by alex117k; 03-29-2005 at 04:09 PM.

thanx alex. anyone else got anything else? should i even try. i mean the worst they can do is just cancell my order. i might try the rat thing on them.

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    Tough situation bro. You could tell them that yor're some sort of chemistry teacher and are teaching about isomers and dinitrophenol is a great example of that. Also tell them you're culminating many chemicals for the students to study visually.

i think they may just want something to cover there own ass.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Take it as a hint...stay away from that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    Take it as a hint...stay away from that stuff
    Especially the powder. Gotta be extremely careful wit that stuff. Hope you know it stains anything and everything it comes in contact with. Wear a good 2-3 layers of gloves, goggles, and a face mask.

Quote Originally Posted by mmhhmm
    thanx alex. anyone else got anything else? should i even try. i mean the worst they can do is just cancell my order. i might try the rat thing on them.
    You'd be better off going with the need for yellow dye. There are many commercial rat killers you can buy at any supermarket, but if the shade of yellow you're looking for can only be achieved by DNP , well then you've got to get DNP. Whichever way you go, make sure you know enough background info to pass a basic question & answer session, should you have to.

swoll4589 is offline Member
    who was it that was saying that the nazi's gave DNP to the jews at the concentration camps to keep them warm in the winter cause they didnt want to buy coats for them.

Quote Originally Posted by swoll4589
    who was it that was saying that the nazi's gave DNP to the jews at the concentration camps to keep them warm in the winter cause they didnt want to buy coats for them.
    I remember reading that somewhere. Can't recall the source.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    I say tell em to fvck off, gimmie a fvcking refund and guess what its none of your fvcking buisness.... christ vet america will sell you cattle steroids and a gun that you could theoretically shoot them into a human with... they dont care what you want em for.... but I am pretty sure its thier #1 selling item... LOL

take your buisness elsewhere my man, tell em to eat $hit!

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Fuk a paper trail bro. If they are asking you that, someone is putting pressure on them. Don't be on a list

crackle is offline Associate Member

Quote Originally Posted by swoll4589
    He gave it to his soldiers to keep warm...not the Jews...he was horrible...why would he care about them?

i'am gonna call them and just ask them the reason. if they give me too much **** i will just tell them to refund my money. i don't feel too comfortable giving them a copy of my driver's lisence

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    **** tell them ou thought it worked as a dye and if they give you **** tell them you want a refund and will take your business elsewhere... you don;t need there hassle to get some home wood working project done. or just tell them you found it somewhere else and won;t be needing it

thanx for all the advice i will see what they say tommarow.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    hell just be like ... i was going to go on a mining exhibition and needed some explosives...

swoll4589 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    hell just be like ... i was going to go on a mining exhibition and needed some explosives...

lol do you mine in OK tai.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    yep...don't leave a paper trail bro. Either they want to sell it to you or they don't. Tell them you are a clerk for some company and were told to order and have no idea what it's for...if they don't like it....hang up and do business else where.

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by mmhhmm
    i'am gonna call them and just ask them the reason. if they give me too much **** i will just tell them to refund my money. i don't feel too comfortable giving them a copy of my driver's lisence
    Bro, I don't know if you're aware, but they're legally required to collect that information, that's why they're asking you. They're just covering their asses by following the rules, and you won't find any legal business that will sell it to you without that info. DNP , like any chemical, has many uses, and some of them are deadly. You will either have to use a good reason you need it, and have enough knowledge to make it plausible, or you'll have to get it from an underground source.

just to give yall an up-date. i called them told them that my father uses it as a dye and wood perservitive. and has been using it for years. they said no problem and my package will be here in 3-4 days. thanx for the advice

Thread Information