ManzNumero1 is offline Member

shoulder pain checkup on cycle

I just finished a 15 weeker of deca 500mg/wk and sust 750mg/wk
    and i decided to keep it going with some t-400 for another 10-12wks.
    I have had shoulder pain which I think it may be a torn rotator cuff from reading and doing research around here. I go in tomorrow to get it checked at the doctor. I am praying that it is something minor. The thing is, if it isn't and this causes me to be out of the gym for a couple months due to PT, should I just quit my cycle now and start my PCT , and also while i'm off what can I do to keep gains and keep some muscle, it is just a depressing situation.
    thanks

seanw is offline Banned
    so here is a test you can do. I have just been through the same problem. Can you do push ups and not feel any pain ?. If so its not the rotator cuff, it will be where the bicep inserts into the deltoid and this is a very common injury while on gear. Get back to us and if you pass the test I will let you know what you can do.

I tried a couple things out on it. it's been like this for about 3 months, insurance finally kicked in so i'm going in.
    I can do pushups, but I can't do flat bench barbell , it's impossible,
    but I can do flat bench dumbells, the only thing after every chest workout thats when it hurts the most the next day, It hurts to put deoderant on and even put on my shirt. pushups never a problem, feel a little pain but nothing major like when i do barbell. I haven't touched the bench in about 3 months, only dumbells. It's weird that's why I really can't tell what it is.

do you think it's a slight tear ?
    Even that would keep me out for awhile i would assume.

seanw is offline Banned
    Well it sounds like what I said. What I do now is change how I do chest and shoulders. I cant do Bench Press at all. I can do DB bench press but just have my hands pointing inwards in stead of towards the front. Do shoulders with the Shoulder press machine, the same thing choose the grip that turns your hands inwards towards your chest. Start off with a low weight and build it up till it hurts then back it off to the weight that is confortable. Do high reps and lows sets for a while and see how you go. It is definitly working for me.

Is the pain actually healing, or is it basically , putting off the inevitable.

seanw is offline Banned
    no its actually healing.

i'm gonna try it out, hands inward, I have legs today so I can rest it. tomorrow is the checkup, I really hope it's nothing major.
    sean, man thanks for the input
    by the way , do you think you'll ever try barbell press again ?

seanw is offline Banned
    OK well good luck with the checkup. I definitly will do barbell press again but I am going to layoff until it has had time to heal. I tell you what though, I will be a lot more carefull on my next cycle about how heavy I lift thats for sure. You will probably need and MRI to be absolutely sure about the injury.

Yea, i'm planning on getting one.
    I did a chest last night, and it hurts more today than it has in a while.
    I'm sure you'll get the update on how it went.

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I had that same problem and I agree with seanw on what the issue is. It was not getting any better and sometimes it would hurt worse than other times.

What I ended up doing was going to the doc and he prescribed 800mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day. That cleared it up in about a weeks time. I also took about 4 days off of bench press and went light on my other excersises until I felt good again.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, take it from me....Be VERY careful with your shoulder. I have had major shoulder problems now for over 2 years!!! I should be getting surgery, but I opt to take several months off between cycles. Shoulder injuries SUCK!!!! DO NOT Bench press. Take some time off to let it heal. Shoulder surgery can be very complicated.

I definetly believe you , I don't want it to get any more worse than it already is. What do you usually do in the mean time when taking time off and giving it a break ?

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ManzNumero1
    I definetly believe you , I don't want it to get any more worse than it already is. What do you usually do in the mean time when taking time off and giving it a break ?
    Sadly legs and abs But you should be able to do back as well to some extent

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ManzNumero1
    Cardio or VERY VERY light weights. It could honestly take months for it to heal and as in my case, It hasn't fully healed. I think I will be getting surgery after the summer is over.

Thanks guys,
    I'll let ya know what the problem is as soon as i find out.
    I just don't wanna go from the mass monster to the Cardio kid, especially this time of year, but like you guys said, after i find out what it is, i'm gonna have to let it heal by giving it a break, i can't let it get any worse than it is.

Thread Information