vettewreck is offline Banned

Are 1 1/2" pins too long?

Ive always used 1" pins but I got a bunch of 1 1/2" pins also. Are these too long for the quads? They look long as hell to me!!

BlocRoc is offline Member
    I use those for everthing. That way I dont have to push the entire needle into the flesh. THat way, if the needle snaps, there will hopefully be something still sticking out that I can grab.

Its not hard at all!

L8

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    dunno bout the quad shots with 1 1/2in pins but i no thats whatcha need for glute shots, if ur a big fella i would say u could use em but i wouldnt go all the way in

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    i use 1.5 for quads and glutes......go as far in as possible while leaving just a little above skin to remove if you have to....

martyusa is offline New Member
    Bump. 1.5's are great for quads and glutes. I usually use 1" for delts and tri's. You can also get away with 1" for quads and glute, depending on BF.

tdawg is offline Associate Member
    i use 1.5 on my thighs and i leave a little bit sticking out...i have big legs...i like having a little extra needle so i can go in a little over a inch in thicker areas on the thigh

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    I have to use 1 1/2 on my glute because I have bid a$$.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    If you use needles that can snap off change your brand... I mean change now.

Bigsickd is offline New Member
    I use 1.5" in my quads with no problems.

vettewreck is offline Banned
    just curious guys. thanks. I have small legs due to a car accident and surgery so thats why I was asking. Thanks for the replies

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    If you use needles that can snap off change your brand... I mean change now.
    any good pin can snap....a long 1.5 incher inserted about 1.3 inches or so can easily snap if you make a wrong move, especially shooting your own glutes without help

mkv213 is offline Member
    I use 1.5 for quads and gluts 1 for bi and delts. I like the 1.5 for my quads because they are large and thick. I like to know it's getting deep enough into the muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone36
    any good pin can snap....a long 1.5 incher inserted about 1.3 inches or so can easily snap if you make a wrong move, especially shooting your own glutes without help
    You have seen this? I call BS. It is a wive tale or cheap china pins.

Quote Originally Posted by RUballs0514
    pretty much what everyone else said. its safe to have a little bit to grab hold of in case one breaks. just don't stick all the way in. good luck bro. balls out
    They will not break. Take one and try to break it... I will wait until it is broken for you to come back on... After you bend two or three of them and come to the conclusion that it would be a freak accident like a lightning strike, you can come back and state your new opinion.

mkv213 is offline Member
    I Agree Mesomorphyl... I've bent them but don't see how they could break. You have to bend them back and forth over and over to get them to break. I've had the needle detach from the syringe while injecting but that's different.

RUballs0514 is offline Associate Member
    just wasted 2 pins. good point. bent, not broken. i retract my earlier statement. shouldn't open my mouth till i actually break one. not tryin to jack but is it possible to get a brittle pin. PM me with answers.

RUballs you have a pm. Also I think a pin could break, but again freak accident or one in a million... I say this as I have given and seen other give thousands of shots(med field) and not one did we ever not plunge all the way to the canula. That is why you have different size needles... so you know exactly how deep they are going. Most that say it can break have not seen it but heard from a friend of a friend type of urban legend thing.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Ive been shooting my quads with 1.5" - I just dont go in all the way.

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    They will not break. Take one and try to break it... I will wait until it is broken for you to come back on... After you bend two or three of them and come to the conclusion that it would be a freak accident like a lightning strike, you can come back and state your new opinion.

Agreed. I''ve always had my doubts about needles breaking as frequently as people suspect. I guess if you are injecting a 1.5 inch 25 or higher gauge into your arse then maybe due to contorsion and shiat but a 22 or 23 guage into the arse...that seems very very unlikely....as you wrote "it would be a freak accident like a lightning strike."

Knight1811

xtc75 is offline Junior Member
    If I only have 1 1\2 available and needed to hit somewhere where it's too big, I take the cover off and cut some of it off and put it back on so only an inch or so is uncovered. Just my .2

zuke is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtc75
    If I only have 1 1\2 available and needed to hit somewhere where it's too big, I take the cover off and cut some of it off and put it back on so only an inch or so is uncovered. Just my .2
    good idea

xtc75 is offline Junior Member
    Works like a charm

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by RUballs0514
    just wasted 2 pins. good point.
    Was that suppossed to be a pun?

Thread Information