tommyznyc is offline New Member
    new joisey, but only 5 mins from NYC whch is where i work and go to school

som questions from a beginner, all hep is GREATLY apprecited

ok guys, this i my 1st post ever... soooo im gona go ahead and just aska few basics, even though im pretty sre ive go the aswers from all th reading upive been duin, but i just wanna hear it direct fomr one of u guys.. ok now im 20 yers old, have always been involved in sports( ive played ice hockey my whole life) soive never been tottally outs shape, but as never into working out until recently... now like i said im 20, bout 5 ft 9 weight bout 150 lbs, decently toned, butim rather scrawny... now my golais ot not be a beas eve though i wouldnt mind..... im looking to br maybe 175 -180 all together as my ultimate goal, ive been lifting religously for the past 2 monthes, and been on a rigorous diet(which ive learned needs some major tweeking) but ive been on more or less the right track my quesion to u guys is is after how long of working out and dieting would u recommen me considering t start a cycle? and my 2nd one is i have always bene pronr toacne through y teenage years, its been well controled the past few tough, but what is something that would give me decent results, but wont be quite so harmful o the complexion... iam in no rush and understand u need patience, so im willin to takethings that my not giv tremendous results quckly

oh and by the way, ive been taking this stuff called CELL -TECH, i heard it was good, but it has alot of sugar in it i oticed... hat do u guys think of that supplement, and what dou think may be etter?

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    With two months of serious training and diet under your belt, you should wait another two years before starting a cycle for the following two reasons. First, you're only 20 which is too young, so by then you'll be 22 (maybe still too young). Second, you need to build a solid base to work with. At 20 yrs old and two months of training, you should be able to get up to 175 on your own in two years.

What is your diet and training schedule like?

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    Ok I'll bite the bullet and start this one off...
    Number one, I would normally never say anything about someone's inability to spell words correctly, but your post is downright hard to read brotha! Number two, I think it's awesome you have STARTED a workout regimen and recognize the fact that a good diet to go along with it is also important. BUT, you need to bang those weights for another two or three years really hard before looking at a cycle. And my guess is, if your diet and workouts and as on cue as you say they are, you will gain those pounds without any AAS.

well ok, my diet oncsisits of mostly lean stuff, i eat a bunch of chicken, salads, rice, wheat bread and pasta,umm yogurt, fruits, lotsa veggies i try and stay away from stuff that i know isnt good ie fast foods, stuff withtomuch fat lie pizza and what not, not to much red mat either, and ive been taking CELL-TECH shakes eveyday, hichve heard mixed things about cuz of the ammount of suger in it.. as far as my work out, im in the gym 3 days a week for at lets a few hours on a bad week, bout 5 or 6 ona good week..now ive seen a noticeable dig , nothing huge, but im WAY more toned, and quite stronger... example is when i 1st started workin out 2 mos ago, i wasworking out with 15 poun dumbells, nw im wrking out wth 25 or 30 pounds, which ot me i thought was impressive,but maybe it isnt i duno... so what do u hink?? is there anything at all i can or should be taking now???

thespiritofaman is offline Junior Member

I agree!

Remember you need your joint and other tissues and ligaments in your body to develop as well as your cartlige. So two years of serious training you will be up to 175 easy. Just eat good and train hard. I started training at 125lbs at 5'7 , a skinny ass. I know. And after two yrs. I went up to 160lbs. Hope that helps. I begin my first cycle last yr after four yrs of serious training.

Peace, Spirit

Diet!

Try some good starches like yam's, potato, brown rice, little pasta. and the most important aspect is always having your food ready.

Example I cook 6 pieces of chicken breast the night before I go to work, with four bake potatoes. That should last me for two days. So always plan ahead. Becasue a man who does'nt plan, plans to fail.

Also, amico acids and especially glutamine is very good, Take 3 grams before and after your work out.

Chill

see, now i was told by my boy(who pprob has as much knowledge as a box of rocks) thats carbs are not a good thing?? is this accurate?? and ahve u herd of that CELL - TECH stuff?? im rather concerned because ive heard very mixed things from a few dif people?

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by gettinthere
    Ok I'll bite the bullet and start this one off...
    Number one, I would normally never say anything about someone's inability to spell words correctly, but your post is downright hard to read brotha! Number two, I think it's awesome you have STARTED a workout regimen and recognize the fact that a good diet to go along with it is also important. BUT, you need to bang those weights for another two or three years really hard before looking at a cycle. And my guess is, if your diet and workouts and as on cue as you say they are, you will gain those pounds without any AAS.
    You beat me to it dude. Tommy, if your gonna take the time to type out a post that's more than one line long, take a few extra minutes and make it presentable.

As for your question, you and I are about three weeks apart in age. I've been training hard for the about the last four years. But training hard is not necessarily the same as training smart . You see I realized that I haven't given myself a chance to grow naturally and more importantly I haven't reached my natural genetic potential. I have just begun to see what I can do without juice and it's amazing.

So here's my advice: Make the search button your best friend. Run a search on Cell-Tech (I have no experience w/ cell tech). Run a search on protein intake, carbohydrates, bulking diet, cutting diet, training routine, forced reps, supersets, sodium, sugars, creatine. You'll be amazed bro. I think you'll find that after you've read enough you'll be more excited about what you can do naturally, than any anabolic cycle you've considered doing. Good luck bro, I hope this helps.

Cell-Tech

Ive used it when it first came out and was not available at stores yet. I gained about 5lbs form it with no real strength increase, but my boy gained 10lbs and his bench went up 20lbs....It works diffently for everyone.

Trail and error will tell you.

Spirit

steel10 is offline Junior Member
    TommyZ,

I think it is great that you are looking for advice before just jumping into something. So, firstly I will say that you are nowhere near ready to even consider a cycle. At 5'9 and 150, you should put on a LOT more size/weight naturally and develop you muscles. I went away to college at 5'8, 165 and had been lifting for a couple years on and off (between basketball seasons). I am now a senior and have been lifting and eating to grow for the past few years and am now 5'8 at about 200 lbs. I have just started my second cycle (I did my first one this past summer, but it was REALLY mild). Anyway, the point is, you should come a lot closer to plateuing naturally before jumping into AS. If you lift and eat to grow consistently for only the next year (although you should probably do it a lot longer), you will see a huge change in your body and muscular development.

In the mean time, keep researching (especially on wieghtlifting/nutrition) and you will learn a ton and be able to realize for yourself the natural potential you have and why AS would be a big mistake for you at this point. In the mean time, read around on this board over the past posts by people like you (new to lifing and relatively skinny) and see the feedback on using AS for yourself.

In any event, great luck and good thinking to come here and seek advise.

steel10 is offline Junior Member
    I meant to say this in last post, but forgot-- although you will see great results just from eating and lifting to grow, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all to use supplements like creating, glutamine and an occasional meal replacement shake or protein powder for convenience.

hmmm, ok well 1st im sorry bout the sloppy type, im in my office, the club is gonna open in a few hours, and im swamped... so sorry bout that guys....ok so , i shouldnt even be considering a cycle for a long while... ok ive got that, im glad u guys told me cuz i was right about to run out and spend a lotts $$$ on stuff... hahaha ok now 1 more quick one for u guys... ok just as a basis of comparison...say i keep my workout routine, i keep my dieting, now im 155, what do u think(round about) should be an acceptable weight that i should expect in like 6 mos? 1 yr? just so i can see if im on the right track... and hey "thespiritofaman" i see ur from bklyn, well since ur so nice too share your knowledge with me, i work at club EXIT in the city, im sure u know where it is, if u wanan come out one noght and chill, gimme an e mail, and il be glad to hook it up wih a comp or 2....i run the VIP in the red room

A.K. BOY is offline Associate Member
    hey tommy, just too give u my thoughts on your questions........
    I have decided to forget the AS untill i reach my potential....I am 165lbs at 5'10" rather than the 145lbs a was last year and i seem to still be gaining!
    You are most likely in the same genetic shoes i am in as far as not being able to gain weight very fast... but i do know this....and that is it can be done! people like you and me just have to stay consistent and remember to stick with the general rules of being an ecto and putting on size ( eat alota cal/protein, sleep good, and have intense heavy weighted exercise program!)
    and also dont give up on the cell-tech i am also taking that and it seems to help a little bit but dont rely on supplements to do all the work!!!!!that is the biggest and most common mistake people make!! stay at it natural and remeber if you realy want to you will be using AS one of these days but try as hard as you can to pack on as much muscle first!!! GOOD LUCK

well guys, this was my 1st post on this forum, and i found it way more informative than any onther ive ever been on regarding any subject, u guys took the time to completely answer my novice questions,regardless of the fact that you are all probably way more advanced and could have just brushed me off, i thank youfor your time and patience, wish you all the bet of luck and health, and im lookingforward to communcating with this forum for a long while.... PS if any of you are ever in NYC feel free to drop me an email, and stop on by the club, anyone who mentions this forum will get a free pass for the night.... godbless
    Tommy Z

tommy boy

Yeh I know where that clup is. Haven't gone there in a while though. Thanks for the invite. I will take you up on the offer soon brother.

I hope we where of some help. I am pretty new to this site too, but have been training for a bit. and the guys here,,well most of them know what they are talking about.

Peace, NYC

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    im 5'9 160ish my goal is to get big like a mofo 200-250lbs !!!!!!!!!!!! the bigger the better and than il crush everyone that flamed me:P :P :P :P

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    wtf people 1-2months of training and wanna juice haha funny ,ROFL must be a new trend in the gym

john-"hey billy did u hear about deca "
    Billy - "whats that"
    John-"it makes u big"

jbrand is offline Member
    i don't care how "religiously" you lifted for the past two months, you still have yet to find god don't let the thought of juicing this early in the game even cross your mind, at two months in you technically can be half-assing your training and diet regimen and still making respectable gains; your muscle fibers are as fresh and untouched as a priests first-born daughter.

NightOp is offline Member
    lots of good posts up there. If your goal is 175, and you just started training seriously for 2months, you can get to 175 much sooner than 2 years... I started out 2 years ago, 18 years old and weight like 135, I'm about to hit 175 soon, and I'm sure I could have done it even sooner if I knew what I know now about training and diet.

Yes, do a search for all the stuff they talked about. Also, make sure you are eating enough essencial fats (not burger fats, imean like unsaturated fats from lots of peanuts, etc...). Here is a great link to get an understanding of diet/training in case you are still looking for info on that (which i'm sure you are). > http://extreme-athlete.com/buildingmuscle.htm#diet dig around that site, it has some good basic principles which MUST be learned and used for growth. When it comes to training some things work for some ppl that don't work for others. If you aren't growing after a few weeks on one type of routine, and your diet and sleep is in check, try something else. Also, you can post your routine in the training section and get any advice with any probs you are having or if you are simply wanting to learn how to put together a good routine for your goals.

good luck bro.

Thread Information