Georgie is offline Member

Tamoxifen Citrate and Nolva not exactly the same?

Deez101 posted this is the ARR forum and it was not getting any responses. I think this is a very interesting question, is this true?

2nd regime posted on another forum the following:

"PCT dosaging in terms of Tamoxifen and Nolva aren't exactly equal. The written dose for Nolva is Tamoxifen base only while the written dose for Tamoxifen citrate includes BOTH Tamoxifen base and Citrate. Because of the Citrate you have to take more tamoxifen citrate to equal the normal amounts of nolva needed. So when people hear that Tamoxifen IS nolva they think "since they're the same you should dose the same." But if you did that you'd be underdosing your pct, which i'm sure we all don't want.

For your dosing, every 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate you take you're actually taking 20mg of tamoxifen (nolva). If you wanted 40mg of Nolva you would take 60.8 mg of tamoxifen citrate. According to what it says underneath your packages, for every mg of Nolva you want to take , multiply it by 1.52 and you'll get the mg of tamoxifen citrate you need to take.

10mgs Nolva = 15.2 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
    20mgs Nolva = 30.4 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
    40mgs Nolva = 60.4 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
    60mgs Nolva = 91.2 mg Tamoxifen Citrate"

With this in mind, do I need to be taking more of the ARR Tamox to equal the appropriate dosage of "Nolvadex " of 20mg ED during cycle?

With these figures, I guess I need to take 30.4 mg of ARR's Tamox to get the proper dosage.

GettinSwoll47 is offline Associate Member
    interesting...bump

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    yes this is true the manufacturers make up for the weight of the ester by adding more to the pill

So 10mg of Tamoxifen Citrate only equals 6.578 tamoxifen (nlovadex)? 10/1.52 did I do that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    yes this is true the manufacturers make up for the weight of the ester by adding more to the pill
    Lion said this over on the ARR review board, but not sure what it means

"no [u dont need to take more] there is more Bio-avalable....due to a higher absorbtion rate"

Lion, or anyone else can you shed some light on this for us non chemists/biologists. thanks

j martini is offline Member
    Its not really a problem the manufactures always put the dose on the label of how much tamoxifen it is if you read the label it always says this product contain 30.4mg of tamoxifen citrate which is equal to 20mg of tamoxifen(nolvadex ) thus the tablet you take will give you 20mg of nolvadex.
    I have never seen a company produce a product that contains per tablet 20mg of tamoxifen citrate.

Deez101 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, but we are asking specifically about the Tamox from ARR.

k@m NYC is offline Associate Member
    oh crap!!

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    is the clomid the same way...

i asked in an earlier post if the ARR tamox was the same thing as nolva... and it actually isnt?!?!?!? WTF!

Relax guys its the same active ingredient you just have to account for the weight of the citrate ester.

clomid is the same.

It doesnt affect it that greatly but if you want to get 20mgs of nolva take 1.5mls to get 20mgs.

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Relax guys its the same active ingredient you just have to account for the weight of the citrate ester.

clomid is the same.

It doesnt affect it that greatly but if you want to get 20mgs of nolva take 1.5mls to get 20mgs.

it is just frustrating when you are told that it is the same when it isnt... i coulda got nolva for cheaper... the only reason i went ARR is price... not quality... whatever

so are you saying that 1.5xclomid is what you needa take... (to get 100 mg u gotta take 150???)

yeah

Thread Information