Thread: sueing doctor

haldy is offline Banned

sueing doctor

hey guys

i had gyno surgery about 4 years ago when is was 16. the doctor that did it butchered me. i have an incision about 2inches long on each side under the nipple and the scar i have is very thick and purple and the left side has tissue left behind the nipple and is kinked. from reading on the net and seeing other people that i know who have had it done. i have concluded the the doctor, should in no way have cut that bigger incision, it should have been around the base of the nipple so if it did scar you wouldn't see it.

i have been to a plastic surgeon who is well respected and he is going to minimise the scaring and take out the rest of the tissue and line it up straight. i am having this done in may at a cost of $2500

i wrote the doctor would did the original surgery a letter asking him to pay for the correction and stated what laws he had obligation under (my father is a lawyer). i now have an appointment to see him on tuesday to discuss it.

for those of you who have had gyno surgery how has it done?

what do you think would be appropriate compensation that i should ask the doctor for when i see him on tuesday? because even when it is corrected by the plastic surgeon it will still never be as good as it could have been if he had done it first.

i will try and get some pics up so you guys can see what has been done.
    Last edited by haldy; 04-01-2005 at 12:59 AM.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    You can probably find pics or atleast articles on gyn surgery by doing a simple google search.
    Hope everything works out.
    Goodluck,

haldy is offline Banned
    i was more wanting to know what compensation i should try and get from the doctor? seeing that i have to live with these scars because of his inferior work. at the very least i want him to pay for the plastic surgeons bill

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by haldy
    i was more wanting to know what compensation i should try and get from the doctor? seeing that i have to live with these scars because of his inferior work. at the very least i want him to pay for the plastic surgeons bill
    Bro your dads a lawyer. Don't u think he would have the best idea of what to ask for?
    I'd say 20k. That's just a guess.
    Lawyers charge a standard 40% of the take so you'll see much more of whatever you get then most ppl providing your dad handles the case..

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    You might be lucky to get 5-10K
    You might get 50K

It just depends on how good your Dad is and how good the docs lawyer is.

But one thing is for sure, make sure you know your sh1t before you go in to see him or else the doc can screw you.

Docs are sneaky bastards and are all too familiar with this kind of stuff.
    Be carefull what you say. Take pictures, and just make sure you go prepared.

BTW, did you say you got gyno at 16 years old???

WTF were you doing taking steroids that young. I hope you learned your lesson, and are gona wait till you get a little older!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    BTW, did you say you got gyno at 16 years old???

WTF were you doing taking steroids that young. I hope you learned your lesson, and are gona wait till you get a little older!
    Alot of kids experience gyno entering puberty.

I found this website which you might find interesting, at least to compare photos,

http://gynecomastiaexpert.com/

And lawyers in America get a standard 40% cut!. WOW, greedy bastards.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    he had a gyno in his puberty. that s a pretty common thing...

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    oh, my bad.

Good luck dude!

cobra1414 is offline Junior Member
    Was the originial doc a plastic surgeon? If he was just a general surgeon that is going to significantly hurt your case.

millionmillionaires is offline Associate Member
    Yeah dude I think phw is right on the money, watch your **** the doc could be out to get some leverage.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    My guess is he is not going to fork out anything other then the redo from his screw up. And evan then I would say he may not evan pay for that. You have the burden of proof to prove negligence .

haldy is offline Banned
    yeah the original doctor was a general surgeon i had i an inguial sp? hernia and went to see him for that, i aslo ask him what the lumps on my chest were and he told me it was gyno and it was quite common and that he could remove it. i had the op done two weeks later.

at the age of 16 i was niave and put my trust it the doctor thinking he was competant of doing the surgery. i think that i can prove that he was negligent. here in NZ we have extremely good statutory protection for consumers which i am covered by. under it he has an obligation to remedy his work, and if the situation can never be remedy'd to what to should have been then then he is obligated to compensate.

i can also use as a bargainig tool, not to report him to the disciplinery board for his negligence.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    well at 16 I'll be willing to bet you didn't adhere strictly to the limitations put on you after surgery, helping to cause the scarring, get it fixed and make him pay for the surgery, it will heal just as well as it would have before.

haldy is offline Banned
    i was never given any intructions for after surgery only not to workout for 3 weeks which i adhered too. i was never given any pressure pads or vest like i here other people have. its not the fact that i like scared badly, i know people have a certain predisposition to scarring. what i am really pissed off about is that i think he was negligent in the size of the incision that he made. i do believe the way he performed the operation was not of a "standard practice". Is it normal for a surgeon to cut 2inches long below the nipple? i have read articles posted by plastic surgeon on how it should be done and what not to do.

here is the link http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...ey/4320006.htm

mine would be most close to figure two but slightly worse.

cobra1414 is offline Junior Member
    No you're right it isn't. 1/2" right at the bottom of the areola is standard.

keep us updated, interesting case.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    usually gyno in young people going through puberty goes away

seanw is offline Banned
    If I was you I would be takeing my Dad with me to see the Dr.

haldy is offline Banned
    i am taking my dad will me on tuesday. i don't want any chance of being walked over by the doctor

Thread Information