smegs is offline Member

test e and anti-anxiety

anyone know if test e can be combied with an anti-anxiety pill (e.f. celefax)

cut260 is offline Associate Member
    Ever wonder why so many super huge guys are also really serine and gentle? "Gentle Giants" That is because high levels of testosterone cause the body to produce seratonin which is an active ingredient in many anti-anxiety pills and meds these days. Many people who have used them stop after taking testosterone because of this very effect. However if you do take these pills be aware that some supress the appetite and that can really have a negative impact. There is one pill called Remeron that will increase your appetite like wild so if given a choice and that you must use them, consult your doctor to see if remeron may be a good option for you. At least that way your appetite will be in the right order.

smegs is offline Member
    so its ok to combine the two?

jerseyboy561 is offline New Member
    I take 20 mg prozac and I'm currently on my 2nd cycle (test e/deca ) Feeling great

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smegs
    so its ok to combine the two?
    Youll be fine combining the two what cut was saying is no bull though my best friend has deppression problems and he quits taking his meds when he's on test and seems much happier person in general...

joevette is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cut260
    Ever wonder why so many super huge guys are also really serine and gentle? "Gentle Giants" That is because high levels of testosterone cause the body to produce seratonin which is an active ingredient in many anti-anxiety pills and meds these days. Many people who have used them stop after taking testosterone because of this very effect. However if you do take these pills be aware that some supress the appetite and that can really have a negative impact. There is one pill called Remeron that will increase your appetite like wild so if given a choice and that you must use them, consult your doctor to see if remeron may be a good option for you. At least that way your appetite will be in the right order.

Good info bro. Would it be bad to take Remeron just for the increased appetite? Does it have less advantageous sides as well?

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Good info bro. Would it be bad to take Remeron just for the increased appetite? Does it have less advantageous sides as well?
    It would be a bad idea to take anti-anxiety meds if you don't have anxiety, yes. Some people have reported a rebound effect...like they didn't have anxiety, but after taking meds and then stopping, the develop anxiety symptoms. I wouldn't recommend taking anti-anxieties unless you need them for the purpose only.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cut260
    Can you please point out to me where you got the info that test causes increase in serotonin? I have never heard that before and have my doubts but I would like to read that myself! One more thing. You are very wrong when you write 'seratonin which is an active ingredient in many anti-anxiety pills and meds these days'. SSRI's or the newer anti depressants simply keep the seratonin that is already in your brain from being absorbed as fast, meaning it stays around in your brain longer, hence the word. Selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor-SSRI. No anti depressants have serotonin in them. But apart from that I am interested in knowing where you heard about test producing more seratonin in the brain?
    Last edited by mark956101957; 04-01-2005 at 10:28 PM.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I take Zoloft for anxiety...it doens't have serotonin as an active ingredient, but inhibits the uptake of serotonin so it acts for a longer amount of time in the synapse...you're right, it doesn't produce more serotonin but allows the amount that is already there to be better utilized.

Thread Information