Thread: Xanex?

araminside is offline New Member

Xanex?

Any of u guys ever take a little Xanex at the end of a cycle during the depression period, was thinkn of ordering some to help out when the time comes

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Im no MD, but I believe xannex is used to treat anxiety not depression.

both i believe

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Im no MD, but I believe xannex is used to treat anxiety not depression.
    DESCRIPTION FOR XANAX
    Treats anxiety, panic disorder, insomnia (trouble sleeping), and anxiety caused by depression.
    Brand Name(s): Xanax®
    Generic Name: Alprazolam

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    See thats why im not a doctor

thanks blown

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, anxiety for depression, but it treats the anxiety symtoms, not the actual depression.

it is a mild sedative, so taking it for feelin down is just going to lower your spirits further. not a good choice brah.

OneEyedJohnny is offline Junior Member
    Blown SC is right, it is a short acting benzodiazepine. It's something that you can use to treat anxiety, when it flares up ... in other words you don't have to take a pill every day and you don't have to wait for 2-4 weeks for it to become affective. This substance is moderately addictive and can cause death is discontinued abruptly (if you ARE addicted) but is rare. Usually benzo addiction is treated with a tapering dose of the drug under the supervision of a doctor along with meds to control heart rate and hypertension if necessary. Xanax can also be mildly to moderately effective for treating roid rage , but any benzodiazepine will decrease workout intensity and stamina/endurance ... so it should be used cautiously on workout days (check the active life of the drug and do not allow it to overlap into your workout). It IS NOT used to treat depression in any clinical setting unless it is accompanied by anxiety, which it frequenty does. Often anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds are prescribed in tandem to treat the multi-symptomatic depressive patient. Note that you can have anxiety without true clinical depression though.

One Eye

Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    yeah, anxiety for depression, but it treats the anxiety symtoms, not the actual depression.

it is a mild sedative, so taking it for feelin down is just going to lower your spirits further. not a good choice brah.
    True, benzo's are contraindicated in clinical depression without underlying anxiety ... doing so can lead to suicide!!!!!

Also benzo's are misleadingly known as the "happy pill", when you are using a low dose they can actually make you feel energized and improve mental attitude leading to a "happy" feeling. This is misleading because this can cause rebound depression once the benzo has "worn off", causing depression that is worse for a period of time afterward until the mind and body normalize again.

One Eye

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    See thats why im not a doctor
    That's not what you were telling Spywizard last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    That's not what you were telling Spywizard last night.
    The LOOOVE Doctor........

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    The LOOOVE Doctor........
    Nope, I think he said he was a colonoscopy technician.

any suggestions for what to use for depressions

Quote Originally Posted by araminside
    St. Johns Wort. Start it a month before your cycle is going to end and keep running it until you feel better naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by araminside
    St. Johns Wort - SJW is one of the most widely used natural 'anti-depressants' available. Clinical research indicates that St. Johns Wort helps to relieve symptoms of anxiety and depression over a period of 2 - 6 weeks. When tested head-to-head with two popular prescription medications, St. Johns Wort with hyperforin extract was shown to be just as effective!

Valerian Root - Commonly known for it's sedative effects on the central nervous system, Valerian provides immediate relaxation and relief for sleep difficulty. Lack of sleep and night-time restlessness may account for much of the stress, anxiety or depression an individual might be experiencing during the day. 90% of the Valerian studies reviewed have shown this herb to be effective in improving quality of sleep (QoS) and calming the central nervous system.

Kava Kava - Kava Kava is truly one of the strongest anxiolytic herbs in the world. A meta-analysis involving over 25 Kava Kava clinical studies shows Kava Kava to be more effective than placebo in relieving symptomatic anxiety. Kava also has one of the best safety profiles of any anti-anxiety /anti-depression herb.

5-HTP - This natural constituent's mechanism of action acts directly on the serotonergic pathways and is a precursor to Serotonin (5HT). An analysis of 15 clinical studies since the 1970's shows 5-HTP to be significantly effective in helping to relieve or treat many forms of depression. Over 55% of patients in these studies reported marked results when taking 5-HTP.

SAM-e - SAMe has been identified as another effective natural substance for helping to relieve depression related symptoms. Clinical studies show SAM-e to be up to 40% more effective in treating depression than placebo.

Minerals - Minerals such as magnesium, zinc and potassium all play an important role in overall feeling and mood. Researchers have found that many patients showing signs of emotional disturbances have lowered levels of mineral serum such as magnesium and zinc.

Vitamins - As we all know, vitamins are essential to almost every bodily process. Neurotransmitter synthesis and maintenance is no exception. The B-complex of vitamins play a key role in the break down and production of neurochemicals which results in the synthesis of neurotransmitters like serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine and GABA. .

From HERE.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Isn't kava kava very bad for you. I thought it was horrible for some of your organs.

When I have horrible anxiety I will take xanax and it helps alot, also I will take it some nights if I cannot sleep, but I would never take it for depression.

hmm that post alarms me bcuz i've never heard anything negative written about kava kava (besides psychological dependency). i think we should all try to look into that- it'll post back in this thread if i find anything.

insanepump621 is offline Member
    Just get hammered with your buddies and go to the strip club... that always seems to cheer me up

Quote Originally Posted by james21
    Isn't kava kava very bad for you. I thought it was horrible for some of your organs.

When I have horrible anxiety I will take xanax and it helps alot, also I will take it some nights if I cannot sleep, but I would never take it for depression.
    Be careful when using it for insomnia, you can become dependent upon the drug ... any drug used for sleep can increase insomnia and cause dependence of said drug for sleep(benzo's, Ambien, Trazadone, etc.). A good alternative that most of our mom's probably used on us when we were younger was warm milk with honey, sometimes I heat some milk in the microwave before bedtime and add a 1/2 serving AlltheWhey Casein Isolate and instead of honey I use a small serving of flax seed oil. Instead of concentrating on getting to sleep for work I end up concentrating on that nasty*ss taste in my mouth and get some sleep while at the same time getting some long acting peptides in my tummy to prevent nocturnal catabolism. Sounds wierd but it works.

One Eye

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i seriously dont understand what this depression stage is. ive done many, many cycles in my life and i never got depressed when i came off. maybe you guys need prozac and roids just make you happy and thats why you feel better when on. as for the xanax, i eat them or a valium every once in a while when im on to help me sleep better.

Quote Originally Posted by james21

Kava-containing products have been associated with liver-related injuries – including hepatitis, cirrhosis, and liver failure -- in over 25 reports of adverse events in other countries. Four patients required liver transplants. In the U.S., FDA has received a report of a previously healthy young female who required liver transplantation, as well as several reports of liver-related injuries.

http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/addskava.html

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Keeps me from killing people on tren . I try not to use it too much though as it slows down your metabolism.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    thats right, i forgot about that. one of my suppliers carry xanax and valium and he told me about that

good post loz thanx for the heads-up.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    What about DHEA? I heard it enhanches your mood....I'm thinking of trying it at the end of my cycle.

I know epfedrine always makes me happy

pincushin is offline New Member
    been on xanax for 9 years trust me if you are going to use it for PCt be very careful as it highly addictive. and sorry for not reading all the post word for word but xanax does actually work for depression just dig a little further into your reasearch, BUT in no way am i saying if someone is clincally depressed that they would only need xanax. The problem is if you went and got zoloft or one of the other anti d's for PCT it would be useless because they all take at least a month before you start to feel any benefits. So IMHO xanax would help greatly but be Veeeeeeery careful you might like it to much! So if you can stay away, I would.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Xanax is probably the most addicting of all the benzo's. I'd recommend against it. Kava is good if you are thinking you might like to experience the joys of a liver transplant someday.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I've read that valium is considerably more addictive, hence the development of xanax, but the point is moot.

Benzo's are addictive. They should be used only for short periods, and only under a dr's supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    Xanax is probably the most addicting of all the benzo's. I'd recommend against it. Kava is good if you are thinking you might like to experience the joys of a liver transplant someday.

darmadoc is offline Member
    I believe that xanax, due to its short half life, has much more of a "buzz" associated with it. Hence, the addiction potential. But you are right-they are all addictive.

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    I have taken St. John's Wort for the longest time, and it puts me in a better mood, and I don't have such a short fuse.

whitehulk is offline Banned
    my drug of choice for feeling good is valium. its cheap and you can get it on the net from alot of roid suppliers also at good prices. this guy seems like he needs drugs to help him. but if you can try st. johns wort first then thats probly your best rout to choose. good luck with ya bro.

Thread Information