Thread: ALA Dosage

Peak is offline New Member

ALA Dosage

Do you have a recommended dose for alpha lipoic acid?

Is it better than Milk thistle for the liver?

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    I like ALA way more, JMO

because It has more than one use,

personaly I take 600mgs/day when on a cycle, but some people take twice that.

Naturally Anabolic is offline Associate Member
    i suggest somewhere between 700mg-1200mg for best results but it is really dependent on the person, i do real well with 750mg but i know people who say 750mg does jack for them....test it out and see

NightOp is offline Member
    i've even heard of doses bigger than that to use it as a very mild anabolic .

IME
    IME is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Iron horse
    I like ALA way more, JMO

because It has more than one use,

personaly I take 600mgs/day when on a cycle, but some people take twice that.
    BUMP!!

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    I just started taking 1800mg ED and will see if that helps with body fat any, not on any cycle though.

steel10 is offline Junior Member
    Use the search botton and type in ALA. You will see opinions from a shitload of people. Personally, I am taking 1000mg a day. I am not expecting too much from it, but it gives me some peace of mind being that I am taking dbol -- so I reccomend it.

McBain is offline Member
    I've been taking about 1gram per day for 2 1/2 weeks now and have noticed a significant reduction in bodyfat, yet I have not gone down in weight, leaving me to believe maybe the weight has stayed on due to increase in glycogen storage? I don't really know but my weight has stayed the same, if not gone up a couple pounds and I've noticed significant reduction in bodyfat around abs and lower pecs. 1 gram for me though is probably more than most people because I'm 5'5"-5'6" at 150.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    How do you guys take it? Do you split it up? Like 2 pills in the morning, 2 in the afternoon? Or just all at one time?

McBain is offline Member
    I split it up like 3 times throughout the day, usually 300, 400, 300. I try not to take too much in the morning as it is easier to become hyperglycemic (sp?) and start feeling dizzy from my experience. So I usually try to eat a breakfast high in carbs anyways take like 300mg with in, I usually have like a few bites of food then take the pills then finish the meal, if you don't take it with food you will probably get heartburn. There are reports on elite about people taking like 3grams per day and getting the effects of mild steroids , but I have no experience with that. Basically what I do is say I'm eating a meal really high in carbs I'll take more, if it's not that high I take like 200-300mg. Sometimes I take more than 1gram if I eat a lot of carbs that day as I don't have a set diet, I just try to eat healthy. Also in the past couple days I've had some candy laying around my house because of easter so I've been cheating a bit with peanut butter cups so I've popped a few extra ALA try try to minimize the damage. You might want to go with higher than 1gram though because like I said I only weigh 150.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    How do you really know if the shit works?

McBain is offline Member
    There are many threads by Fonz on elitefitness describing how it works, I can't even attempt to explain it as well as he can, just do a search over there for the few threads he put up.

ragin' is offline Associate Member
    i'm doing 600mg/ed.. i'm gonna try to bump the doses to see if it has any possitive effects.

G-PIG is offline Associate Member
    im taking 900, 1200, 900 mg each after my three main meals of the day,
    the first day i felt very hypoglycemic but im good now after a week, i have noticed a huge difference

tighter overall, less water retention, fell slimmer (down 7 pounds in one week)

McBain is offline Member
    How much do you weigh G-pig? I took 600mg the other day with breakfast and almost passed out I felt so dizzy it was ridiculous. Then I had some apple juice and was much better but I am tenative about upping my ala more than 1g per day. I am curious if you have experienced much heartburn or upset stomach.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    bump

Thread Information