TRICK is offline Associate Member

WORK versus WORKING OUT

does anyone have any thoughts on heavy labor and working out on the same day.

today was BACK DAY but i had to dig a 20' trench 12" deep, it took about 2 hours. i decided not to work out for fear of over training, any thoughts.

thanx bros.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    im interested because I work summer construction and some days it kicks my a$$

Bertz is offline Associate Member
    i work construction everyday

never let it interfer with my work out... i just rest a bit before working out, not sleep but i take it easy for at least an hour... i never over train, i guess i have no fear of it but i dont ever count my work towards my workout

Bertz is offline Associate Member
    there are those days fellas when the suns beating on you all day... and ya just cant work out... i make sure to get 4 days a week at the gym

shrunkennutz116 is offline Associate Member
    i dont kno if u would over train i guess it depends on how much labor ur doing. i dont usualy have physical labor all day but after working 10-11 hours on my feet all day im worn out and it effects my workout. ill have to sleep for a few hours then go to the gym. i always do squats deads on my days off.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Increase your calories.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BDTR
    Increase your calories.
    True, you're not working the muscles the same way at all. It's a totally different kind of stimuli to respective muscle groups, but your overall glycogen stores will be affected.

TRICK is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    True, you're not working the muscles the same way at all. It's a totally different kind of stimuli to respective muscle groups, but your overall glycogen stores will be affected.
    thats a good piont, carb up and get to cracking!

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    Yes Eat more calories...7 years in the army and it was hard to gain weight... I ate 3 meals a day in the chow hall, then one or two more meals, and 2 or 3 cans of tuna and a few servings of weight gainer...

rest and calories and you will be fine..

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    I have worked construction 80 plus hours/wk. already and still trained 6 days a week with no problems in gains. Make sure you are eating enough and sleeping as much as you can.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Same here, i was pulling 80 hours a week doing construction and still grew, all i did was work/eat/sleep/train, nothing else. I was taking in huge amounts of cals though to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyMechanic
    I have worked construction 80 plus hours/wk. already and still trained 6 days a week with no problems in gains. Make sure you are eating enough and sleeping as much as you can.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BDTR
    Same here, i was pulling 80 hours a week doing construction and still grew, all i did was work/eat/sleep/train, nothing else. I was taking in huge amounts of cals though to gain.
    Yes, i think as long as you can eat enough it will be harder to overtrain. Sometimes a train 14 or 15 days strait, then when i need to rest i do. I do try to keep it to 6 days a week, but sometimes i just have a hard time not going to the gym.

Thread Information