anone ever hit the sciatic?

I poked on mon. and it is now 8 days later and the pain is getting slowly better but for about 3-4 days my ass was killin me and every time I stood up it killed. How long is this going to last?

bigjayo is offline Associate Member
    Uhm, I'm not 100% sure, but if you hit the siatic or come anywhere close to it, YOU ARE GONNA KNOW IT and be in the ER quickly. Did you heat the oil up before you shot it? I know test E when its cold(or room temp) and i shoot it, my ass aches for days....I usually heat up the whole barrel with test e in it inside a heating pad right before I shoot, seems to make things go more smoothly

Mach1 is offline Junior Member
    I have, my leg almost buckled and it was the weirdest feeling. That's the day I switched from 1 1/2" needles to 1". LOL

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    if you shoot the right way you will never hit the sciatic

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceinthehood
    if you shoot the right way you will never hit the sciatic
    Good point

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I've never even heard of anyone hit that nerve, maybe it was something else gone wrong!. Bruised the muscle maybe?, changed your gear?..

sciatic is in the middle of the glutes
    glute shots are in the upper left or right quadrant of your glutes so unless you u are injecting in the middle of your ass you did not hit the sciatic nerve

is this for curiousity because if you hit the sciatic you would faint from the pain

djwales is offline New Member

nerve

you have to inject rather low to hit the nerve i work in needle exchange and i know of people bin paralysed for weeks days and sorry to say it forever but takes some doing 1/100 have only ever hit it or come near and you know when you do

i know a fella whos got a circle tattod on his arse so he never hits 2 low good idea hahahahahah

i think when he the nerve scared him to death

I have been on AS for about 2 yrs and never have I felt this kind of feeling, I didn't figure I hit the sciatic, but **** man this **** sucks. but I have always kept my gear at room temp and have never had any probs at all, only thing I can think is that I have so much scar tissue built up that it is puting pressure on the nerve, maybe a compressed disk in my lower back that is making the pressure but whatever it is it better quit because it's pissin me off.LOL

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    was everything sterile? you might have an infection or you could have just hit a nerve and that can make it sore for a while. JMO.

tattoomike is offline Associate Member
    the odd time my ass really hurts, like a sharp pain going right through me, but its just a nerve, if you hit the sciatic youd drop, my doc told me if i hit it id pass out and **** myself, mabye he was trying to scare me, it worked.

know exactly what you mean bro. it sucks don't it

hitting the sciatic is probley one of the worse pains in bodybuilding ment to be unreal like ii say not alot of our clients/patients have ever hit the sciatic but the ones that have think twice about injecting in the glutes again

some nerve to drop a 20stone man 2 his knees makes you think doesnt it

maybe I should hit up some anti-biotics, cause its been over two weeks and it still hurts.

Well apparantly I hit the sciatic or **** close to it, I went to the doctor and they put me on some prednisone because they think it is swollen, and possibly could have a bulging disc along with it, but I know what it is from considering I felt the pain the morning after I poked and didn;t have any back pain, well if I did hit the sciatic I am living proof that you can hit it and not feel it untill the next day, and if you don't let it heal it keeps getting freakin worse.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    The best way to describe if you hit the sciatic nerve is someone would have to pry your fingers off the ceiling... Or better yet, You'd have temporary paralasis...sp..
    Last edited by buylongterm; 03-21-2005 at 03:47 PM.

that makes me feel a little better, I know I hit some kind of **** nerve b/c before I went to the doctor this morning I woke up and the posterior part of my calf was a little numb and has been all day. any other opinions I really would appreciate it fellas.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, if it's hot and warm to the touch, then I would watch it very carefully. I had an infection in my quad and I couldn't walk for days!!!!! Other than that, maybe you hit a nerve or moved the needle around. That would cause discomfort and it would be sore for several days.

Thanks for all the info BLT, I am just so fvckin spooked right now, I have been hurtin for about two weeks now and just hopin for the best.

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    maybe you hit a nerve..that has happend to me before. I was very sore

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    One time I was doing a glute shot, it was the only time I did it standing and here is why. I put the needle in and hit something and my leg gave out and it hurt like hell. I pulled the needle out before I hit the ground or I would of landed on it. It was like a toothache pain, that is the best way to describe it, however it went from a 10 pain to a 1 pain in a minute or so and was gone the next day.

See I did my glute shot and was fine the whole day, and just barely felt it the next day,so I kept liftin very intensely and it progressivly got worse and now I am forced to take this week off, it is showing some improvement after about 3 days on prednisone, and the cylobenzaprine puts me right out at night.LOL

SUN of a BIAATCH!!!!!!!!!!! thought it was getting better but today it flamed up again and its thumpin like it is swelled again, nervous tisssue takes too **** long to heal. this marks over a month with pain, i havent lifted a weight in 2 wks and i'm pissed.

whitehulk is offline Banned
    buddy if this is your problems then you can 100% knock out the possability of you hitting the sciatic nerve. you probly have an infection, thats why its swolen up and steralize your tstuff befor you shoot it. cook , boil it do something but you you probly need a stronger antibiotic and try taking dexoxification vitamins. they may help.

Thread Information