D00fy is offline Anabolic Member

enlarge prostate?

Can dbol /test cause prostate problems even at my dose of 20-25mg dbol 4weeks,400mg test

i was reading about proscar some more and it said to be good for the prostate,preventing enlargement

or saw palmetto will do fine?

also prostate = frequent urination,so wtf? if your on a dbol cycle and normally we drink 1gallon or more water how can u tell its prostate damage or not?
    Last edited by D00fy; 04-05-2002 at 03:19 PM.

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    doofy,

go to the doctor! he will be glad to check it for you!! OUCH!!

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    beta sitosterol!!! thats the way to go.

haha no im still researching it,i don understand why milk thristle is bashed ,its not effective as a liver supplement?

androplex is offline Donating Member
    Doofy, wrote

"Can dbol /test cause prostate problems even at my dose of 20-25mg dbol 4weeks,400mg test"

Please try and be more specific that you are not actually taking this dose. I know you post at the bottom you are not on cycle but we are a family here at AR and when I read your post I also thought you had started cycle and said to myself oh SHIT Doofy has been so careful about finding out all he can and he already has a problem (bro it scared me for you). I have been watching your post with most interest and hope you well. When I read this I thought to myself Doofy started.

Just a thought Doofy....

Peace.

no no,im still researching it,ALA expensive and i was wondering if milk thristle will be good for liver? and saw palmetto for prostate,cranberry extract for kidney

ALA is dirt cheap!! checks some websites,,

uh? give me sites mofo

hmm, I bought a bottle for 10 bucks canadian, at a store.

just check out the net,, im sure you can find it cheap

dang all this supplements just to have a safe cycle,wtf is wrong with milk thristle? it was popular before ALA came out #@$__#$_

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

The usual reality check . . .

To respond to your original question, o' doof one, yes - AS, especially test, can cause an enlarged prostate.

How do you monitor it? Exactly as BE_STRONG suggested, although he was joking. So I'll say it seriously - go to your doctor, and bend over.

(Oh, alright, I'll laugh, too. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! There. I'm done. Now let's get back to reality.)

There is a technical name for this - Digital Rectal Exam. And if any of you - even you, o doof one - goes to a doctor for a physical exam and he or she doesn't give you the finger up the butt, find another doctor. Because that is the standard test for prostate enlargement.

There is also a blood test called the Prostate Specific Antigen, recommend for all men over 40 or 50 (depending on the guidelines you use) once a year - younger men if you have a family history of prostate cancer.

And quite frankly, if you've got the balls to see a doctor for lab work prior to, during, and after a cycle (all of which I recommend, regardless of age), you should include a PSA as well. But when getting checked out, it's not either/or, it's both - you should want both the finger and the PSA, especially since prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer in guys.

Now, as far as the supplements you have discussed in this thread, I've never said this before. But because I've come to care about you D00fy (some of us have come to think of you as kinda like the A.R. mascot), I'll say it now: fuck 'em all.

Doesn't matter whether you're talking about saw palmeto, milk thistle, ALA, cranberry hoopla, or beta-ad infinitum, ad nauseam, the notion that supplements will do anything is anecdotal - that means that it's not supported by clinical research recognized by any branch of established medicine.

That doesn't mean that some of these things cannot do any good - some probably can. But they can also do a lot of harm. And when the rubber meets the road, if I'm going to take something that's "good" for my kidneys, liver, prostate, or anything else, I want it to be something that has been supported by some very tight-assed research. Understand? I'm not saying, "Don't use them," I'm saying that you should do some credible research to learn the pros and cons of supps.

So what is good for your kidneys, liver, and prostate? Exercise and a healthy diet, period, unless you have a legitimate medical reason to be taking something else to help them along. And if you're going to do any kind of steroid cycle, structuring that cycle to make a positive (rather than negative) contribution to your overall body condition.

But the best recommendation I can give you is to get checked out thoroughly before doing a cycle, and to include lab work before the cycle (to get a baseline), once at the mid-cycle point (to make sure your readings have not gone out of whack), and post-cycle (to see how the big picture wraps itself up). Most people won't do this - some because they don't want to confess their intention to use AS to a doctor - but the more you know, the better you will be. Because even more than anabolics, bro, knowledge is power.

thank you i appreciate your help,i will be looking into a doctor visit and getting my physical done

cholesterol check
    kidney check
    prostate check
    liver check
    anything else to look for thats important?
    Last edited by D00fy; 04-05-2002 at 05:56 PM.

NightOp is offline Member
    i'd also get test/estro/progest/prolactin and DHT (if you can do that.. not sure, cuz my lab work didn't include it) checked.

i hope it wont run a high insurance cover

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    If you do get proscar/propecia (finestride) from a source other than your regular doctor and you get a PSA test to check your prostate make sure you tell the doc you are taking it. I have read that when you are on proscar the actual PSA result must be doubled by the doctor to get the acurate number. I am not sure if Saw Palmetto has the same impact on the test results. Best to make sure you tell the doc if you are taking either one since prostate problems are very treatable when caught early. Good Luck.

has anyone here experience bad symptoms on liver,kidney ,prostate?

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    Doofy -

Prostate enlargement is charactarized not only by frequent urination, but a decrease in the strength of your urine stream.

If you are standing up against a urinal and you still pee on your shoes - You may have a problem

hahaha

but i do piss alot right now also i drink like 2gals of water??????

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    when I did d bol last year, I went to doc to get a exam and has prostitis(infalmmed prostates) so thery gave me cipro.Damn you got me thnking now, Im gonna get mine checked again before I do my cycle.

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    If you drink 2 Gals a day. No doubt you are gonna piss alot.

IMO you only need to be concerned if you have a full bladder, but can't get a good flow. I believe that an enlarged prostate presses on the urethra and slows down urine flow.

All this piss talk and I gotta go to the bathroom. .......

NightOp is offline Member
    doofy, i literally use the bathroom every 20-30 mins (sometimes moer often).. i have to wake up like 4 times during the night as well even though i drink less before bed... drinking 2gal of water will make you do this

IGF-1 is offline Associate Member
    doofy da man, da myth,da legend go to adoctor before and after cycle and go with proscar propecia

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Questions, questions...

Originally posted by D00fy
    has anyone here experience bad symptoms on liver,kidney ,prostate?
    Why, thank you for asking.

Seriously, I always monitor my labs through the specific tests you mentioned, D00fy, with a full round of tests - CMP, lipids, PSA, Total Test, and a few miscellaneous ones if I feel like throwing them in (it helps when you can fill out your own lab forms ). And thus far, I've never had any abnormal or elevated levels on liver, kidney, or prostate tests. (The only thing I occasionally see is high total testosterone numbers. Gee, wonder why...)

Regarding your other questions, D00fy, it's also important to have your heart checked. But at your age, a quick listen by the doc through a stethoscope should do the trick unless you have a significant history of heart disease in your family.

As far as insurance, most plans will cover anything the doctor orders. If you are on an old-fashioned fee-for-service plan (they pay 80%, you pay 20%), it can run into some bucks, but if you have either an HMO or PPO all you will have is your usual co-pay (assuming any annual deductible has already been met).

il be getting my blood test next week, probably mostly liver,cholesterol,kidney,prostate,...... basic stuff i dunno about the testosterone ,estrogen test...
    Last edited by D00fy; 04-06-2002 at 05:24 AM.

hammerhead is offline Member

Re: The usual reality check . . .

Originally posted by TNT
    There is a technical name for this - Digital Rectal Exam. And if any of you - even you, o doof one - goes to a doctor for a physical exam and he or she doesn't give you the finger up the butt, find another doctor. Because that is the standard test for prostate enlargement.

There is also a blood test called the Prostate Specific Antigen, recommend for all men over 40 or 50 (depending on the guidelines you use) once a year - younger men if you have a family history of prostate cancer.

And quite frankly, if you've got the balls to see a doctor for lab work prior to, during, and after a cycle (all of which I recommend, regardless of age), you should include a PSA as well. But when getting checked out, it's not either/or, it's both - you should want both the finger and the PSA, especially since prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer in guys.

Now, as far as the supplements you have discussed in this thread, I've never said this before. But because I've come to care about you D00fy (some of us have come to think of you as kinda like the A.R. mascot), I'll say it now: fuck 'em all.

Doesn't matter whether you're talking about saw palmeto, milk thistle, ALA, cranberry hoopla, or beta-ad infinitum, ad nauseam, the notion that supplements will do anything is anecdotal - that means that it's not supported by clinical research recognized by any branch of established medicine.

That doesn't mean that some of these things cannot do any good - some probably can. But they can also do a lot of harm. And when the rubber meets the road, if I'm going to take something that's "good" for my kidneys, liver, prostate, or anything else, I want it to be something that has been supported by some very tight-assed research. Understand? I'm not saying, "Don't use them," I'm saying that you should do some credible research to learn the pros and cons of supps.

So what is good for your kidneys, liver, and prostate? Exercise and a healthy diet, period, unless you have a legitimate medical reason to be taking something else to help them along. And if you're going to do any kind of steroid cycle, structuring that cycle to make a positive (rather than negative) contribution to your overall body condition.

But the best recommendation I can give you is to get checked out thoroughly before doing a cycle, and to include lab work before the cycle (to get a baseline), once at the mid-cycle point (to make sure your readings have not gone out of whack), and post-cycle (to see how the big picture wraps itself up). Most people won't do this - some because they don't want to confess their intention to use AS to a doctor - but the more you know, the better you will be. Because even more than anabolics, bro, knowledge is power. [/B]
    Amen brother. Bump and read it again.

My prostate is swollen - it started up about 5 weeks into deca -d-bol/sus. I piss every 20 minutes sometimes. I'm going to try proscar next time. I'll post the results.

hammerhead get well,did u goto a doctor? why proscar and not saw palmetto? drink water?? what are the sides of prostate, frequient pissing with a burn?

hammerhead is offline Member
    Just pissing often. I'm not going to worry about it unless it continues post-cycle. I've heard proscar is best but have no experience. That information would be appreciated!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Doofy, Most men will have a prostate issue (enlargement) when they get up there past 50, just depends on the severity. Some people only have minor elargement and very little discomfort while others need surgery and some get cancer. Chances are you will have some kind of issue when you get really up there in age. The million $ question is, if you start cycling will you have a more severe problem later in life then if you left the gear alone?

Who knows. I am now 31 and it scares the hell out of me to see young guys, my age with prostate cancer. Rememeber Eric Davis, All Star for the Reds and then with the Orioles. About 5 years ago he got prostate cancer at age 32. They don't even tell you to start getting it examined or tested until 40 normally. Good thing he was a pro and got heavy duty physicals or he might not have been cured.

<--takin precautions,blood test

Tex
    Tex is offline Junior Member
    if you are pissing every 30 min. and 4-5 times a night, you should see a urologist. some symptoms of prostate problems are frequent urination, not being able to hold it good, feeling like you have to push to empty your bladder, which can lead to bladder infection if the bladder doesn't empty These are just a few symptoms that you can have. I had some of these along with low back pain and got checked. I had prostatitis(inflamation and irritation of the prostate). Treatment was antibiotics and ditropan xl for frequent urination. This can be a recurring problem once you get it so please be careful with anything concerning the prostate gland, and get checked just to be safe if there is any concern.

thx for the describing symptoms

Tex
    Tex is offline Junior Member
    no problem, i don't want to see anyone have to go through this if it is at all possible, it is a big pain in the ass.

feelnfit is offline Junior Member
    just my $.02 worth . i take saw palmetto and silmarin milk thisle from now products. the milk thistle also contains dandelion root and artichoke. which will make you piss.
    i have had no problems . i started before my cycle and will continue after i finish.

Thread Information