1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

What causes testicular atrophy and sperm reduction? (for an assignment)

I'm doing a paper with some mention of it related to AAS for some additional college courses I'm taking on sports med, mainly for myself since I already have a job in another feild lol can never have too much education.

I know that reduced levels of FSH caused by exogenous anabolic hormones leads to the reduction/ceasing of spermatogenesis in the testis because the sertoli cells are not being activated by FSH and therefore cause them to atrophy essentially from neglect. But I've read conflicting views on the role of LH, some say LH alone when supplemented can stimulate a limited amount of sperm production (and reduce atrophy), others say that FSH is the only one that matters when talking about sperm production and atrophy, or that both are required for significant enough production to occur to stop atrophy. Whos right?

So from someone that knows for sure, how is sperm production impaired w/ AAS use and how does atrophy of the testicles occur? Am I on the right track? Keep in mind we've been on this topic for only one class lol.
    Last edited by 1-Cent; 04-04-2005 at 01:05 PM.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    I'm majoring in Exercise Science and I wish I could write some of my papers about AAS... but I think it would think that it would be a little to obvious that I use AAS when I turn the paper in! LOL

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Consistency
    I'm majoring in Exercise Science and I wish I could write some of my papers about AAS... but I think it would think that it would be a little to obvious that I use AAS when I turn the paper in! LOL
    lol believe me i've thought about this and just said f it, my assignment makes it blatently obvious i use AAS but hey this is canada and theres nothing illegal about personal use prof can cram it.

the paper was pretty well laid out by the prof so theres not alot of deviation allowed - it centers around AAS being in the new lately with pro sports and branches off to ethics, detection and side effects

tallyjuice is offline Member
    bump for an oldie

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Nealry a year old. Dont bump old threads.

But...

I'd say that LH has an important role in how testiculer atophy occurs and the production of sperm. If HCG mimics LH and is successful at reducing/preventing testiculer atophy and recovering ones natural testosterone following inhbition I think its an important component here. So, I dont agree that the "important" one is FSH here.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Do some real research. Do you really expect the science to be fully explained on a bulliten board?

Thread Information