dknyspe is offline Junior Member

Receding Hairline - But Not Thinning Hair...

I have a question that has probably been answered a thousand times before but it's pretty specefic, most of the answers I see deal with hair loss/receding hairlines in general.

Anyways here is the question:
    Does a recedeing hairline mean that you will go bald, get thin hair, have the receding continue, or is it possible that it could just stop, or continue slowly?

WHat are some your experiences with a receding hairline?

Basically here is why, my front hairline begins 6.5 cm from the root of my nose, but the temples tend to recede back to 7.5 on right side, and 8.5 on left side. Besides that, I have always had thick wavy brown hair , and it is still thick brown and wavy. But I am concerned about my forehead and what my hairline can mean or what others have experienced. I have always had a broad forehead since I was 16, very similar to James Dean, but not sure if I should be concerned.

Right now I am 26 years old, did some major cycles of test and eq and deca in my early 20's. Most of the males and females on both sides have full or mostly full hair.

Thanks for any help, I am a vain person and this thought as been driving be crazy for awhile.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i was stupid at 17 and was taking just dbol for like 3 weeks. i didnt know anything about it and was advised to basically take about 70mgs/day. i had hair falling out at that time. when i was 18 i had a bit of receeding hairline. i will be turning 23 this year and have just started my second cycle in the last year. i have not noticed or seen anymore hairloss since i was about 18-19. it hasnt grown back but it seems to be at a stand still. i think it had to do with such large amounts of dbol.

****, that's crazy, is your hair thick everywhere else?

Do you use anything ie. Nizoral, Saw palmetto etc.

Thanks for the reply.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Put it to you this way. Credible hair transplant surgeons will not lower a hairline more than 7cm. There is a difference between and adolecent hair line and a mature hair line. The problem is you never know if it is going to stop or not because we don't have that type of genetic test available yet.

Well that certainly helps, I mean if it's going to go, it's going to go and I can't do much, but I'd like to not be freaking out if it's not the definate case, then all my anxiety will really cause it to go.

Question? How many times a week does anyone here use Nizoral 1%, how long do you leave it on?

sp9
    3-4 times and leave it on a good 3-5 minutes.

Snakeman4life is offline Junior Member
    this might be a stupid querstion but can you get Nirozal Shampoo over the counter and about how much is it.

I buy it at Stop & Shop for $9.99 the %1 solution.

Question for the 3-4 times per week. I have read that in the beginning it states use it 3 or 4 times for a few weeks then only once after for maintenance. I am assuming that this is for the dandruff sufferers and what you are referring too is the anti-'baldness' regimen.

My scalp seems to tolerate it well, I use Fructis conditioner to make sure no irritation occurs.

Is their any type of conditioner that compliments or works better with it?

Anything I shouldn't use with it?

Has anyone ever heard of cycling Head & Shoulders (zinc pathoine) with Nizoral for a better effect?

Has anyone had negative side effects for using it more than 2x per week long-term.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

sp9
    3-4 times per week is the concensus for the hair loss benefits. I use pantene volume conditioner. Gives your hair a fuller look. If you don't have a dandruff problem I would use a thickening shampoo as well on the days you don't use nizoral. Pantene is excellent.

Thread Information