Thread: TJ Border

ScottyJ is offline Associate Member

TJ Border

I was wondering if anyone has recently walked across the border from TJ. Havent been there for a few years. I can imagine there is tighter security. Are there metal detectors? X ray machines? Whats the procedure? Any info would be appreciated.

I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD is offline Associate Member
    Yeap was there in Jan not even buying gear and crossed over from TJ to SD 3 times and everytime I got called pulled to the side for 2nd questioning. They told me I stand out because I'm 5'8,230lbs and guys try to come across w/ gear all the time but I was cool. They just question me ran my SSN, went thru my bag and empty my pockets. If they wanted they could took me in the back for a futher shake down. They do have a X-ray machine and metal detector (I think) but I didn't pay it no mind was just having a good time.

**** you a big boy. im 5'8 175, doubt theyll look twice at me. anyone else care to share?

bump

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    i would like to know also

Scrub is offline Member
    I just walked across this weekened and had no trouble. It was me another guy and two girls. They probably didn't bother us because we had a bunch of bags, like we were on vacation. My friend had a couple redijects in his bag that went through the scanner and nothing happened. I don't suggest having them in your bag though. If you go through at a busy time and look clean cut they wont pay any attention to you. Hope this helps you out. Tell us how it worked when you come back.

jbone30 is offline Associate Member
    I was there 8 weeks ago Walked across..they didnt give me any ****..I had alot of bags full of stuff though like on vacation also..I was wearing a snowboard jacket with every pocket full of gear!..I was a little buzzed though so I made it ok..wouldnt recomend my procedure..going back tommorrow..Im driving over this time

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone30
    I was there 8 weeks ago Walked across..they didnt give me any ****..I had alot of bags full of stuff though like on vacation also..I was wearing a snowboard jacket with every pocket full of gear!..I was a little buzzed though so I made it ok..wouldnt recomend my procedure..going back tommorrow..Im driving over this time
    that takes balls

ea I took that bus thing that takes you back across to your car and it stoped at the border to let us off and check us at the stop..My first plan was to leave my jacket stuffed under my seat and then get back on after the check but I was worried about my gear..lol...when we stopped there was a full bus full of nervous people and when we got back on after the check there was like 10 missing!..and everyone was in a good mood and laughing and what not I yelled out to them that they were all holdin and now they were happy and everyone started laughing and some black dude pointed out tro my bro that he had a loint in his ear ..guess he forgot about it and walked right through the check!..and then I busted out in this song with my $5.00 accordion I bought in mex and everyone was laughing ****...those were the days Oh to only be 8 weeks younger

Quote Originally Posted by jbone30
    and some black dude pointed out tro my bro that he had a loint in his ear ..
    What did I say loint in his ear...lol

and some black dude pointed out to my bro that he had a joint in his ear..

Friggen funny

bump

Scrub is offline Member
    Just walk across with a bag with some clothes and stuff like you're just coming back from vacation. They'll scan your bag so have the stuff on you. If you walk across on a week day in the middle of the day with no bags and by yourself they might think things are a little fishy and search you. I didn't get searched or even questioned when I walked across.

Dude drive across I just got back..they asked me alot less questions and sent me on my way...although it really puts your life in perspective watching those little kids (like 5 years old ) juggle for money while your in line..**** that **** sucks..I cant stop thinking about those little kids and the life they live..somthing must be done

needle is offline Senior Member
    I just went 2 months ago drove across for my 5th time! I brought back 1500 dollars worth, they just waived me thru like I was nobody!!! lol

BROTHERHOOD is offline Junior Member
    Yea I walked across a month or so back. Its not hard at all really they took out the metal detector that wasnt a metal detector, and now all you have to do is scan your bags through an xray machine. I wouldnt put sh it in your bags. Just tape a few bottles to your nuts and walk through that way when the guy you have to talk to asks you what you brought you can show him your pockets in innocense and he'll let you on through. Just dont act like your hiding something or you might get the rubber glove in the back room. Its really not hard though as long as you dont get too much and and have a good reason to having been there. Cuz they will ask what you were doing for sure.

I tell them for the cheese and then they look at me ****ed up so I say the tequila and they let me pass...just dont wear one of those mustache glasses disguises or a beastie boy wig and youll be ok

Thread Information