Thread: Need Help

Pmcice is offline New Member

Sus. Problem

Hey guys I'm new to the site but have been training for a good 12 yrs. I have done about 6 cycles to date and this is the first time i have had a problem. My problem is I just recently bought sus. but I have never drawn from a glass amp. It took me about 15 mins to break the thing open and for some reason I'm having a problem getting the needle to draw it from the glass... I'm used to the amps with the rubber on the top nice and easy flip it over and draw ...... If anyone has any tips i would greatly appricate it.
    Last edited by Pmcice; 04-06-2005 at 09:55 PM.

big_mike is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmcice
    Hey guys I'm new to the site but have been training for a good 12 yrs. I have done about 6 cycles to date and this is the first time i have had a problem. My problem is I just recently bought sus. but I have never drawn from a glass amp. It took me about 15 mins to break the thing open and for some reason I'm having a problem getting the needle to draw it from the glass... I'm used to the amps with the rubber on the top nice and easy flip it over and draw ...... If anyone has any tips i would greatly appricate it.
    best way to do it is draw using an 18 gauge needle. It becomes even easier if you have someone hold the amp while you draw. With a higher gauge..it obviously becomes a LOT harder. Draw with 18 and shoot with 23-25...thats the easiest way. Also, warm up your amps in hot water or rub it in your hand to cause the friction to warm it up.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmcice
    take a pen cap and snap off the neck of the amp with it....or waste your money on an amp opener....jam any size needle in the amp and suck it up, change needle and inject....

nvr2bigsnd is offline Associate Member
    i use little files to file around top pops right off

I never had a problem just snapping it off with my thumb. That's just me though. asymmetrical1's method is the most widely used I believe.

Pmcice is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the tips guys ..... u think i could just place the plastic tube in and suck it out ??????

Thread Information