liltae86 is offline Female Member

DNP and vision problems

I was reading a history book on medicine today (wasn't in english though) it states that 1935-1937 approx. 10,000 people in North America got cataracts from using DNP as a fatloss aid and went blind. Has anyone ever heard of that?

big_mike is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liltae86
    I was reading a history book on medicine today (wasn't in english though) it states that 1935-1937 approx. 10,000 people in North America got cataracts from using DNP as a fatloss aid and went blind. Has anyone ever heard of that?
    it's supposed to affect women mostly..but it's a very small percentage.

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    Yes, it's true. However, I believe when DNP was administered as a fat loss aid back then, it was taken in excessive amounts. I read a study where some men and woman were given as much as 40mg/kg. For example, if a woman or man weighed 200 lbs., they were given 3,600mg of DNP. Most of these people died unfortunately. I also read a study where the people that developed cataracts consumed over DNP for extended periods of time (more than 2 months) and at as much as 1,000mg.

Cataracts can result in the use of DNP, but I believe it's mostly common in woman and about 1% will develop it. Anyway, DNP isn't something to screw with. USE WITH CAUTION

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    its some serious ****...not to be used to drop a couple of pounds and to me personally If I wasent going to compete or go to a photoshoot there is no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTrainR
    Yes, it's true. However, I believe when DNP was administered as a fat loss aid back then, it was taken in excessive amounts. I read a study where some men and woman were given as much as 40mg/kg. For example, if a woman or man weighed 200 lbs., they were given 3,600mg of DNP. Most of these people died unfortunately. I also read a study where the people that developed cataracts consumed over DNP for extended periods of time (more than 2 months) and at as much as 1,000mg.

Cataracts can result in the use of DNP, but I believe it's mostly common in woman and about 1% will develop it. Anyway, DNP isn't something to screw with. USE WITH CAUTION
    I was wondering if it would be safer to use DNP at 200mg/day for 7 days and stop and do that again after 4 weeks. When I was researching DNP I read something about 200mg/day for 14days could cause cataracts so probably doing 7 days and recover for 4 weeks might prevent the vision problems? is it pyruvate that helps prevent cataracts?

I was wondering if it would be safer to use DNP at 200mg/day for 7 days and stop and do that again after 4 weeks. When I was researching DNP I read something about 200mg/day for 14days could cause cataracts so probably doing 7 days and recover for 4 weeks might prevent the vision problems? is it pyruvate that helps prevent cataracts?
    Yes, also make sure you get in enough Vitamin E and C. I don't tihnk taking 4 weeks off is necessary. I recommend taking off at least 7 days before you commence another cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTrainR
    Yes, also make sure you get in enough Vitamin E and C. I don't tihnk taking 4 weeks off is necessary. I recommend taking off at least 7 days before you commence another cycle.
    Is it possible to get cancer from DNP ? I can't find much info on the side effects people had back in the days. Did you find them in books or the internet?

Is it possible to get cancer from DNP? I can't find much info on the side effects people had back in the days. Did you find them in books or the internet?
    Actually, I remember reading numerous studies on how DNP prevents cancerous cells from developing. If I come across one of the studies, I'll let you know, but there are threads on here that talk about how DNP helps prevent cancerous cells from growing/developing.

Thread Information