JohnN is offline New Member

testosterone questions

Hi guys,
    As you can probably tell, im new here. Ive been reading for about a week now, I have some questions about testosterone I hope you guys can help me out with. Take test cypionate for example. It is a slow acting ester, how long before it starts having an effect on your blood test levels? I have heard 4-7 days, is this correct? It stays active for 2-3 weeks, is that correct also?
    I read that the average male produces around 200mg a week of test, correct?

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN
    Hi guys,
    As you can probably tell, im new here. Ive been reading for about a week now, I have some questions about testosterone I hope you guys can help me out with. Take test cypionate for example. It is a slow acting ester, how long before it starts having an effect on your blood test levels? I have heard 4-7 days, is this correct? It stays active for 2-3 weeks, is that correct also?
    It starts affecting your blood levels within days,but you wont notice any difference or results until about 4 weeks. Cyp half like is around 12 days, so depending on how much you take, depends on how long its active, but 3 weeks is a rough estimate. The average male produces between 40-70mg a week.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Hi guys,
    Average male makes about 40 to 80 mg testosterone a week depending on age, 100 mg injected is roughly equivalent because slow releasing ester, sometimes portions of the testosterone breakdown along with the oil and never makes it into the blood stream. Also I understand you immediately have available testosterone from a cypionate injection but you just wont feel anything until blood levels are over about 6 times above normal which takes weeks to build up. On the other hand it takes 3 weeks for your natural production to shut down so while you are starting to get some availability from the injection, your nuts are still producing for a while.

so anything more than your body's own 40-80mgs of test will cause your natural test production to shut down after 3 weeks?

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    so anything more than your body's own 40-80mgs of test will cause your natural test production to shut down after 3 weeks?
    not anything over... if you produce 40mg a week, then 40mg injected each week will shut you down

shrunkennutz116 is offline Associate Member
    i wish i produced 200mg a week of test naturaly

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Well LH is slow to leave the blood stream. Your body doesnt expect to react quickly to drops or spikes in testosterone , which is also why we are slow to get it restarted again. We usually have to use things like clomid to accellerate this sloooow process of getting production back to normal or near normal. Your HTPA recognizes the new testosterone, in fact I understand it actually spikes production in the first week and increases natural production before shutting it down. The HTPA will discontinue LH releases at the second week and it takes the 3rd week for the LH to dissapate from your blood supply causing the nutz to shut down.

How much is your natural levels like you only make 40 mg a week and this is the shut down valve... well its complicated. Estrogen causes more profound reaction to your shut down then high testosterone . 10% of your testosterone converts to estrogen and its most likely that blood estrogen levels are the primary control mechanism on the HTPA. Some of us as we get older dont stay on the 10% conversion to estrogen, in fact its closer to 15% and 20% for those guys having troubles with testosterone production.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 04-06-2005 at 07:09 PM.

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Average male makes about 40 to 80 mg testosterone a week depending on age, 100 mg injected is roughly equivalent because slow releasing ester, sometimes portions of the testosterone breakdown along with the oil and never makes it into the blood stream. Also I understand you immediately have available testosterone from a cypionate injection but you just wont feel anything until blood levels are over about 6 times above normal which takes weeks to build up. On the other hand it takes 3 weeks for your natural production to shut down so while you are starting to get some availability from the injection, your nuts are still producing for a while.

This is a very informative thread! So if I inject 6 times the amount of test my body produces the first week I will start to feel it the first week?

I guess I see why so many people frontload.....

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Consistency
    not anything over... if you produce 40mg a week, then 40mg injected each week will shut you down
    Ok, just so I understand...it has to match what your body produces(or more)? So if your body produces 40mg a week, 39mg injected will not shut production down? Then 40mg a week injected and over will shut you down, right?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Ok, just so I understand...it has to match what your body produces(or more)? So if your body produces 40mg a week, 39mg injected will not shut production down? Then 40mg a week injected and over will shut you down, right?
    Don't take that literally. It is not so cut and dried as that and not as easy to quantify. Let's just say that ANY significant amount of exogenous test will depress your endogenous test production. You quickly reach a point where you are completely shut down. Don't worry about that for short (10 week or so) cycles. Part of your injected test simply replaces what you aren't producing, so there is a tremendous difference between 100mg/week (not even noticeable) and 200mg/week (some modest gains with hardly any side effects, in beginners.)

With long estered test, it takes about 4-5 weeks to see significant strength gains and to see the beginning of actual muscle size gains. Why? Because each of your last several injections have left some test in you that has not yet left the body or been converted to other compounds. You have to consider each shot individually, and you can roughly calculate how much of that shot is left in you. So after 4 weeks or so, your first shot still has a small amount left in your body. The second shot still has a tiny bit more remaining. The third shot, still more. Finally you get to the most recent shot, which is still 100% in your body. To complicate things, the hormone is released into the bloodstream slowly, over time, so your serum test levels are not much influenced by the shot you took yesterday. So you can see how test builds up in the blood over a long period of time, much longer than the half-life figure.

Some users will "jump start" a cycle of cyp or enanth with a short ester such as prop, or with suspension, for the first four weeks, so that levels are high and the hormone is making it's effect felt after only a week. (oral jumpstarting is more common though)

Thread Information