Cutty is offline New Member

Safe, Reliable Maintenance Cycle Help

42 y/o, 210, 6', lifting 20 years. looking for maintenance cycle. no need to get bigger, just want to father time and stay strong.

critique:

400 test e / week, 10 weeks
    25 mg anavar / day, 8 weeks
    nolva
    hcg
    clomid
    proscar

repeat 2-3 times/ year

appreciate the input!

RATM is offline Senior Member
    First off, welcome to the board!. I dont think running var for 8 weeks is wise for the liver. I think you might want to up the test to 600 a week or at least 200 every 3 days. IMO, there is no need for HCG on a 10 week cycle. Keep us posted on your progress.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Hmmm, I've always heard var was safe for even 10 or 11 weeks at a higher dose than he is proposing. I am about to use var for the first time @ about 50mg for 10-11 weeks in my current cycle. So I have no experience with it yet but all of my reading here has made me come to the conclusion that the lowest dose I want to do is 40mg and most people see great results at 50-60mg.

I think a test/anavar cycle is a great idea for your goals. I am sure others who have run var will comment.

Would agree about the HCG , I go 16 weeks and don't need it, were all different though, so if you experience tells you that you want it that's cool.

You have lots of training exp. Is this your first use of anabolics?

I would do that cycle no more than twice a year. I run one 16 week cycle per year and I am in my mid-thirties and happy with that. Might extend this one to 20 weeks, but in no way do I ever want to hit more than 25 weeks on in a year. Just a personal limit I set for myself.

sp9
    Would take a gram of milk thistle daily while on. Also, how are your joints? I am using glucosamine, MSM and the other one that starts with a C. You can find them at vitaminshoppe.com. Does wonders for your joints. A guy I work with that is mid-fifties had them recommended to him by his doctor to try and he loves them.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i would run the test foe 12 weeks. it is going to take 4 weeks befor it fully kicks in. var is the only oral i would take longer then 5 weeks.if you can you should up the var to 40 mg and run it the last 8 weeks of the cycle. there is no need for hcg on this cycle. nolv you will wont to run 10mg day with the test and with pct run 20mg day.

Cutty is offline New Member

thanks

all,

thanks for the info, i'll take your advice for sure.

re: working out 20+ years. no anabolics in that time, even won a powerlifting contest. didn't really feel the need for gear till i hit 40. that's when you really start to get sore. the kids jumping on you in the am feel like jerome bettis. thx

sp9
    Only other thing would be to get your blood work done before and after. Keep an eye on liver values, kidney's, and cholestrol.

Thread Information