The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse

Dbol and Crohn's Disease?

I have it bad. For the information of those who don't know what it is, it is an immune system disorder that makes your gut fight its normal bacteria, resulting in Irritable Bowel Syndrome and ulcerated colon. Symptoms are chronic diarrhea and some bleeding from colon ulcers, heavy sinus/nasal mucus production and certain minor skin disorders. It usually goes into remission for months then comes back for weeks or months. Nobody knows quite what causes it, and there is no cure. There is a genetic connection but the exact nature of it is unknown.

Anyway, I had been suffering from the digestive symptoms right up until I started this cycle, my first. That first night my colon started behaving itself QUITE suddenly and all the digestive probs now seem to have cleared up entirely. I am hoping this isn't just a coincidence. It seems like a corticosteroid rather than anabolics would be more likely to clear up those ulcers. Now, 4 days into it, I am down to one nice normal shit every day. Sounds like no big deal to some, maybe, but when you have had to go 7 times a day or so for the last 5 weeks, believe me, it is a VERY big deal. My apetite has doubled and I know I am getting better protein uptake.

Anybody else got this, or have any info, even educated guesses what exactly is going on? I am overdue for a followup visit to the doc and want to know if the Naposims could be responsible for my sudden improvement. My diet hasn't changed except I am eating more of everything.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    a bump for The Baron, I would find an answer interesting too. I may have this disorder as well....The Baron I identify with the symptoms.

bortort is offline Associate Member
    I'm not going to be much help, but Ive had IBS since the age of 10. I was tested for crohns at the age of 15 but was a bit lucky and my test came back neg. It might sound gross to some, but I know what you mean about having to go to the bathroom four or five times a day. I've also done many different AS over the past few years.
    Here is the part you don't want to hear. No it didn't make it worse, but it also didn't do a thing for me either. I find if I eat wrong or to much I get the pains, runs, and all the other fun things no matter if I'm on or off a cycle. I personally tend to get it a bit more often when on, just for the plan fact that I'm eating so much more, and my colon isn't happy about it. But I try and eat more of the things that are easier on me, and avoid the foods that cause pains.

So if I were to guess, I would have to say it is just by chance that your colon feels better. I really hope I'm wrong, trust me I know what you go through. Maybe something is happening inside with the AS, You will probably just have to wait to see.

Best of luck with it. I hope it does help.

ragin' is offline Associate Member
    interesting. glad you're feeling better. hope you're on to something.

peace,
    ragin'

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    a bump for The Baron, I would find an answer interesting too. I may have this disorder as well....The Baron I identify with the symptoms.
    Your doc will want to do a colonoscopy for diagnosis which is cool if you are watching it on the monitor. Kinda like the discovery channel. Also they give you demerol and morphine I.V. which is a pleasant combination (WHEEEEE! I'm FLYING!!!) but it still hurts from all that air they keep pumping into you to make clearance for the camera. You will see all the ulcers as the thing snakes its way up around and down your colon. Damn thing goes up there about 3 feet LOL! There is a thingamabob that extends out and takes little bites out of the ulcerated tissue for samples. The thorough purging/prep for this procedure gives the colon a break, BTW, and usually allows a temporary recovery. I have found that 3 days low residue liquid diet does the trick but it sucks not getting all the protein I need for so long. Milk seems to aggravate it, though most whey protein shakes don't bother me much.

Other symptoms, as I mentioned, include skin disorders like sebaceous dermatitis and keratosis pilaris, the formation of heavy keratin deposits around the roots of body hair. The dermatitis will usually be on the face, particularly the area right beside the nose. The Ketosis Pilaris will be small bumps that when squeezed may produce a tiny cyst, often with an immature hair in it. You are likely to see this on your shoulders, upper arms, or front of the thighs. The intestinal symptoms usually last a month or two on their own. There will usually be visible red blood. If it clears up in just a few days and there is no bleeding it is likely something else besides Crohn's.

BTW, in light of your preferences, I would be PARTICULARLY careful if you think you might have this. Those ulcers would be an excellent pathway into the bloodstream for HIV or Hep C. Condoms can and DO break, you know.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Thanks Baron, as I read more about your symptoms, maybe I don't have IBS or Chron's. I do have frequent diarreah at times, but it clears up the next day. I have noticed that I have it more when I drink milk so it may be just a lactose intolerance that I have. I also have never had any bleeding from the anal area, so again I am lucky.

Thanks for the tips, I am always safe and believe it or not, anal sex is not really my bag.

(btw its a sexual ORIENTATION, not a preference Baron, and yes it is a big deal....because it's not that I prefer to be gay, it's just I was as far back as I can remember. Not a flame bro, but just something to remember.....by the way did you CHOOSE to be straight?,....again no flame just FYI ! )

Five Seventy is offline New Member
    i heard that it's all about your diet. think about it, you shit out what you eat and if you eat bad foods then it might worsen your symptoms. my dad's friend has that and he says as long as he doesn't eat ice or drink milk hes fine and has been in remission for 3 years. just something to think about.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    One of my best friends has Chrones Desease and he blames Accutane and alcohol (at the same time..but only once) consumption when he was in 8th grade, but he has no proof of that. I wish you the best bro and wish I could've been more helpful.

raging4hormone is offline New Member
    Blog Entries

Cool Also Crohns sufferer

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    I have it bad. For the information of those who don't know what it is, it is an immune system disorder that makes your gut fight its normal bacteria, resulting in Irritable Bowel Syndrome and ulcerated colon. Symptoms are chronic diarrhea and some bleeding from colon ulcers, heavy sinus/nasal mucus production and certain minor skin disorders. It usually goes into remission for months then comes back for weeks or months. Nobody knows quite what causes it, and there is no cure. There is a genetic connection but the exact nature of it is unknown.

Anyway, I had been suffering from the digestive symptoms right up until I started this cycle, my first. That first night my colon started behaving itself QUITE suddenly and all the digestive probs now seem to have cleared up entirely. I am hoping this isn't just a coincidence. It seems like a corticosteroid rather than anabolics would be more likely to clear up those ulcers. Now, 4 days into it, I am down to one nice normal shit every day. Sounds like no big deal to some, maybe, but when you have had to go 7 times a day or so for the last 5 weeks, believe me, it is a VERY big deal. My apetite has doubled and I know I am getting better protein uptake.

Anybody else got this, or have any info, even educated guesses what exactly is going on? I am overdue for a followup visit to the doc and want to know if the Naposims could be responsible for my sudden improvement. My diet hasn't changed except I am eating more of everything.

Hey man i also have crohns Yaaaay NOT! im a bodybuilder for 1 1/2 years and am going to start getting into steroids from some guy i know, i might be getting Dbol but not really sure. Ill let u know what the effects are on me apart from muscle gains. P.S is post cycle therapy stuff legal, like is PCT just a really low dosage of steroid ??
    Last edited by raging4hormone; 01-10-2012 at 01:46 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome newbie and thanks for bumping a thread that is 9+ years old.

Please in the future check the dates before posting to a thread that most probably the members are LONG gone, not active anymore.

What is a low dose? Any amount of steroids you risk shutting down your natural testosterone and is advisable to use a PCT or risk your system not starting back up properly and you getting ED, depression and/or other side effects.

More research, less posting until you have a better understanding and questions that have not been asked/answered 1000s of times and easily found if you read more than 2 or 3 post.

enjoy.

Coolhand5599 is offline Member
    bump

brazilian86 is offline Associate Member
    Just a reminder for all you Chrons disease sufferers, you can be on TRT legally just for the fact you have Chrons! I have a bad ass Chrons and am feeling great on testosterone cypionate for the last 5 months! I eat anything and am getting bigger, leaner and stronger! Of course it's with a doctor and I get blood work every couple of months! TRT is the best medicine for Chrons!!!!!!! No doubt the best relief in 6 years of pain!!!

Thread Information