eradikate is offline Senior Member

Around how much bodyfat...

Around how much body fat increase do you guys see in your bulking cycle? i want to hear everyone's bodyfat increase in a bulking cycle

superbeast is offline Member
    I don't let it go up more than 1-2%. I eat clean even when bulking and just increase the calories. You don't have to get fat to bulk.

True, i was afraid if i went on bulking cycle, and i would become a lil fatter than now. my body fat is around 10 percent as of now and i am pretty ripped. Eat clean- get most carbs from green veggies. any others?

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I try not to gain anymore than about 2 %...

IME
    IME is offline Junior Member

Wink

I'd prefer not go above 10% all year round. For a bulking cycle, I'd try to keep it below 2-3%. I'm not one for carrying the extra weight cause it always takes me forever to loose - endomorphic genetics...:P

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    endomorph genetics SUCK

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    i dont care if i gain fat as long as i am getting bigger im a hard gainer

Mr.T is offline New Member
    right there with you jleighty17!! Little fat dont hurt long as i keep beefin up. I in it for the size. Dont care bout havin a six pack as long as im big. I do have to watch the love handles a little. I stay around 16-18% body fat year round.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    im with jeighty and mr T on this one,im always around 14-16%bf which is good for the look i want. I mean most of us arent going to compete we just want to look bulky under our shirts so the chicks look right? And i should say dont be scared to get a bit fat it all comes with bulking you can allways cut down later......HITMAN

true....i have bodyfat from 10-11 percent right now. im going to try to cut my bodyfat down to 7-8 percent before i cycling than. Cuz i kinda like the rips i have right now. I'm not so cut but im ripped enough

Kullman is offline Member
    I usually don't go lower than 8% and get to 11-12% the highest

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    im bulkn up right now and im around 12%. i do whatever it takes to gain a lb, but hopefully only a small % of it is fat.

IME
    Originally posted by Hitman
    im with jeighty and mr T on this one,im always around 14-16%bf which is good for the look i want. I mean most of us arent going to compete we just want to look bulky under our shirts so the chicks look right? And i should say dont be scared to get a bit fat it all comes with bulking you can allways cut down later......HITMAN
    You might be surprised how much chicks prefer a leaner built guy rather than a just a big bulky one. I don't mean to rain on your parade here; but, thats the truth brother. Read some peer reviewed surverys and studies about what kind of body shape the opposite sex prefers. I mean, I understand that your stronger with the extra bodyfat and other guys are less likely to phuck around with you. Plus, there's more health benefits with being around 8-12% bodyfat. I just speak cold hard facts here...

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Yeah well all girls are different! You can't rely on a survey like that either, everyone lies on those surveys, and they just bullshit! When it comes down to it, everyone is different, and everyone likes something different! JMO dudes

Originally posted by IME

You might be surprised how much chicks prefer a leaner built guy rather than a just a big bulky one. I don't mean to rain on your parade here; but, thats the truth brother. Read some peer reviewed surverys and studies about what kind of body shape the opposite sex prefers. I mean, I understand that your stronger with the extra bodyfat and other guys are less likely to phuck around with you. Plus, there's more health benefits with being around 8-12% bodyfat. I just speak cold hard facts here...
    shit where do i start, ok i have read the posts and it seems that WOMAN and not CHICKS prefer big built guys not skinny guys. When i say bulky are you picturing a lump of mass with no definition? because thats not it , yeah im about 14% at the moment and i can tell you ive got cuts so dont generalise. And what are these health benefits? cheaper doctor visits or what i think , in all honesty,is that you are talking shit with that last comment. So in summing up we all want different goals so go with what you will but dont try to bring me and more than likely a lot of others down for the way we are acheiving it...........HITMAN

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by superbeast
    I don't let it go up more than 1-2%. I eat clean even when bulking and just increase the calories. You don't have to get fat to bulk.
    Second that.

IME
    shit where do i start, ok i have read the posts and it seems that WOMAN and not CHICKS prefer big built guys not skinny guys. When i say bulky are you picturing a lump of mass with no definition? because thats not it , yeah im about 14% at the moment and i can tell you ive got cuts so dont generalise. And what are these health benefits? cheaper doctor visits or what i think , in all honesty,is that you are talking shit with that last comment. So in summing up we all want different goals so go with what you will but dont try to bring me and more than likely a lot of others down for the way we are acheiving it...........HITMAN
    Well, I'll start by saying that I'm not picturing a big lump of mass and I'm not trying to bring down yours and any other bros' gains. I'm not trying to talk shit or diss your build. I'm saying that generally women prefer a lean build when compared to a bulky build. i.e Male Chipn'dale dancer vs. Powerlifter. And yes vice versa happens as well. Nobody likes a skinny build. But, I never once implied or said anybody was skinny. Like I already alluded to, I respect and can see why you like the extra beef. I'm not going to sit here and say that I've always been lean. Everybody has there own individual shape and personality - the world would probably be a pretty boring place if everybody was exactly the same. Hell, I've bulked probably closer to 16-17% bodyfat before - just didn't like the build and excess fat. The health benefits that I was talking about were more over the long term. i.e 10 yrs of having a blood pressure of 118/75 versus 132/85. The first value is easier on the heart and circulatory system and being on the juice often leads to problems with hypertension. Bottom line is that as long as your happy and comfortable with your physique, who the phuck cares what anybody else says. Don't let me or anybody else for that matter, tell what your body composition should be. I was just giving another opinion/view. I didn't mean to offended anybody and if I did - Much apologies. I don't need to bring anybody else down to feel better about myself - I was just posing "food for thought." I perform skinfolds and hydrostatic weighing (arthropometric measurements of body composition) fairly regularly and was just giving another side to it. So, once more, I aint trying to attack or start shit with anyone. In my opinion, the "couch potatoe" is the real enemy...
    Last edited by IME; 04-06-2002 at 11:41 PM.

IMHO, girls like leaner and cut guys better than Big bulky guys. I'm not saying this because i'm lean and cut myself but, just from my experience with girls. I'm only 19, so it might defer, and only older woman i ever dated was this 23 yr old, and she liked my body alot. Yes, I'm 155lb at 5'9", but im not skinny, im lean and well defined. But you see when it comes to juicing for me, i don't really care what girls want. I care about what i want. AND I WANT TO GET HUGE!!!!!!

ok IME let me start by offering a hand shake and apology i got the wife to read what i wrote and she said i came off a bit blunt, i do that and not even know it so i am sorry. You have your way and i have mine thats whats great about this board- its diversity- and thats why i came back to respond again so no hard feelings and good luck with your goals. I have to post some pics soon so you all can put a face to the name..........HITMAN

what are your stats hitman?

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    yeah im not here to look good for the ladies im here to get strong and bigger i dont want to compete or be a bodybuilder nor do i think i could but i do want to be a bigger guy one of the guys people go damn that guy is pretty big.
    im 6-3 223 right now and only a week into my first cycle i plan on getting to around 255 or so then cut down to 8-10% and stay but the way i figure is i dont want to waste any chance i get to gain mass i enjoy people going damn u been gaining weight u look bigger that makes my day everytime i hear it

IME

Thumbs up

ok IME let me start by offering a hand shake and apology i got the wife to read what i wrote and she said i came off a bit blunt, i do that and not even know it so i am sorry. You have your way and i have mine thats whats great about this board- its diversity- and thats why i came back to respond again so no hard feelings and good luck with your goals. I have to post some pics soon so you all can put a face to the name..........HITMAN
    Sounds good to me bro...

Originally posted by eradikate
    what are your stats hitman?
    im 25 , 5ft 7inchs, 190lbs, i think about 14%bf at the moment and as for measurements ill pick up a tape this week and get back to you...............HITMAN

Thread Information