Thread: Accutane Dosage

STRANGE is offline Associate Member

Accutane Dosage

What dosage have you guys taken of accutane to clear up your skin??

fudgedelic is offline Associate Member
    The prescribed dosage lies between .5 and 1mg a day per kilo of body weight. I took accutane for a while prescribed through a doctor after little success with many other treatments in my teens. We started at 40 mg a day for a month and finished at 80mg a day for the remaining 4-5 months divided into two dosages. If you take accutane you really should be getting blood work done to keep an eye on your liver values. Keep in mind this was for a farely severe case of natural acne, not sure if you're just trying to clear up roid caused acne, if so have you tried a topical cream first such as retin-a? And personally if i was considering accutane i would probably just go through my doctor, lot cheaper that way.
    Last edited by fudgedelic; 04-08-2005 at 02:55 PM.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree. accutane is harsh, but it works.....i went through my doc as well

ya i wish but i just finished school and dont have a job so i dont have health insurance or a perciption plan so i really dont have a choice

Well in that case i just follow the .5-1mg/kilo dose, starting out lower to ease into it, and i advise getting some bloodwork done some time in there. Also beware of other sides which could potentially mean more harmful things, like extreme headaches, and it has also been known to cause depression, just be wary. Oh and don't be come pregnant because it will cause birth defects

haha thanks ill try not to get pregnant. I dont think i have to worry about headaches ive only had one my whole life, I guess im just lucky. You said per kilo of body weight how much is that in pounds say like 180 pounds??

First off i rarely get headaches too but accutane gave me some noticable ones, not related to being predisposed to them it's just a side of the drug. As for the conversion 1 kilo equal about 2.2 pounds, so 180/2.2 = 82

thanks

pvgirl08 is offline Female Member
    I took accutane in my teens through a doc like 20-40 mg/day and have ordered it off the internet just recently. Same problem as you, have no insurance at the moment so can't go to the doc. Taking 10 mg everyday for 2 weeks then going to 10 mg every other day for 12 weeks. I've had no side effects but just dry lips and skin. Also be careful in the sun. It will fry you! This is also for natural acne. The low dose seems to really be helping, I weight about 130 lbs. Getting a blood test once every 6 weeks or so. Give it a try...accutane, roaccutane or isotane, all the same thing. Sometimes the generics are a little cheaper.

Dozerd is offline Junior Member
    Im 206#s Doc has me on 60mg a day since i started 3 months ago. Blood work is coming back just fine.

elitetky is offline Associate Member
    fk @@@ 80mg dont be fking crazy 20mg start off then slowy increase to 40mg if it aint working then increase to 60mg dont rush to 40mg ur face will crack and ur lips will bleed and worst ur nose will fking bleed like me if u dont drink water every hour

sauceman19 is offline Junior Member
    pvgirl... u said u got it off the internet.. how much did u get it for? how many pills? and how many mg per pill? thanks

pvgirl08 is offline Female Member
    I went to google and searched accutane/roaccutane/isotane. Usually it is about 120 dollars for 100 pills of 10mg. That is enough for me. They do sell the 20 mg but they cost more. More about 160-170 I think. Try valuepharmaceuticals.com or whatever pops up when you google it. Look for the cheap sites. Oh and 80 mg is CRAZY! 20-40 back in the old days and me dry and cracking and my joints ached and it just sucked. Be careful with it. Little bit goes a long way.

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    let me get you a link on dosage my friend...brb

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member

Thread Information