I have been away from this Board for some time and I'm glad I'm back.

I have posted this in PCT forum also but since aromatase inhibitors are used by people during the cycle, I'm also posting it here.

I noticed Pheedno's great post on use of arimidex as part of PCT.
I Just a have a couple of comments and I'm curious about Pheedno's response.

If an aromatase inhibitor is to be used it is best to use an irreversible steroidal activator such as exemestane. Althouth there's some controversy in the literature (when isn't there any?) Arimidex is generally felt not to be friendly to the lipid profile at all. Unlike exemestane the reversible nonsteroidal imidazole-based inhibitors (such as anastrozole, letrozole ) can have detrimental effects on the lipid priofile and bone density.
Also, how about adding low dose HCG (ie 250-500IU 2-3 times a week) during the cycle to optimize responsiveness of the old gonads to the PCT?

References

Some studies favoring exemestane vs arimidex or letrozole:
Campos , Aromatase inhibitors for breast cancer in postmenopausal women. Oncologist. 2004;9(2):126-36.

Mortimer JE, Urban JH., Long-term toxicities of selective estrogen-receptor modulators and antiaromatase agents. Oncology (Huntingt). 2003 May;17(5):652-9; discussion 659, 662, 666 passim.

Some studies indicating neutral efefct of arimidex on lipid profile:
Buzdar AU, Robertson JF, Eiermann W, Nabholtz JM. An overview of the pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of the newer generation aromatase inhibitors anastrozole, letrozole, and exemestane. Cancer. 2002 Nov 1;95(9):2006-16. Cancer. 2002 Nov 1;95(9):2006-16.

Dougherty RH, Rohrer JL, Hayden D, Rubin SD, Leder BZ.Effect of aromatase inhibition on lipids and inflammatory markers of cardiovascular disease in elderly men with low testosterone levels . Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2005 Feb;62(2):228-35.