Ridla is offline Associate Member

Optimum strength gains on Var

What should a workout look like while trying to get only strength gains while cycleing var??

DwinsChamps is offline Associate Member

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    If you want to focus on strength, I'd suggest reading up on some Westside training methods, etc....

Such as: http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=156945

Quote Originally Posted by DwinsChamps
    Doesn't mention training aspects, mainly dosages, supplementation, PCT, etc...

thanx yall

what I meant was this:
    Suppose my max is 300lbs, What percentage of my max should I do in my workouts sets? ond do strength gains build fast twitched muscles(Cut) or deos it build slow twitched muscle....(mass or bulk)???

ryan9101 is offline Associate Member
    When on anabolics, your recovery ability is much better. With that being said for optimum strength gains you should be doing percentages close to your 1 RM. Generally 5 reps and under is where I would suggest staying to get the most strength gains. Also use negatives and forced reps with weight higher than your 1 RM, but dont overdue those, as they are very taxing on the body and even though your recovery time is accelerated you can still overtrain. And as for the muscle fibers you are stimulating more fast twitch fibers with this type of lifting. Slow twitch are more endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan9101
    When on anabolics, your recovery ability is much better. With that being said for optimum strength gains you should be doing percentages close to your 1 RM. Generally 5 reps and under is where I would suggest staying to get the most strength gains. Also use negatives and forced reps with weight higher than your 1 RM, but dont overdue those, as they are very taxing on the body and even though your recovery time is accelerated you can still overtrain. And as for the muscle fibers you are stimulating more fast twitch fibers with this type of lifting. Slow twitch are more endurance.
    ur a billoinair Ryan

Thread Information