Does 1000mg of test really make a diffrence as opposed to 500mg?

Talking to a buddy of mine. He's reading a new book and trying to explain to me what the book is trying to say. The name of the book is called "Building the perfect beast" if I'm not mistaken. I think he's trying to tell me that its ridiculous to do 1000mg of test when your body will respond the same to 500mg. He's being kinda vague but thats what I'm getting from him. For you that have read the book maybe you can elabortate on this. Discuss.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    if that were the case svend karlsen would be plopping away @ 500mgs instead of 8gs or whatever the hell he does.

it might not be a good idea for a gear virgin, but eff yeah it'll make a diff.

btw who's the hack that wrote that garbage? i bet it was Bill Phillips

Dunno bro, I've done 1000mg, 1250mg, 1500mg even. Boy did I get some SEVERE ACNE! That was about 2 years ago and I'm still dealing with it today.

you tried dish soap and all that?

I've done it all bro. The soap, the tetracycline, the tanning, I'm about to try the back pealing thing and get back on tetracycline. I have no insurance and only a college student to be paying ridiculous amounts of cash for a dermatologist to see me.

It's funny though. I have no facial acne problems at all. It's a miracle if I have one zit on my face but my back........now thats a diffrent story. On or off gear I'm ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    Dunno bro, I've done 1000mg, 1250mg, 1500mg even. Boy did I get some SEVERE ACNE! That was about 2 years ago and I'm still dealing with it today.
    ****, that sucks. I'm running 750mg/wk right now and I'm pretty much acne free. I ran 500mg sust like cycle and broke out like ****ing crazy.

I can tan and run Tetracycline and I'll be somewhat ok. The minute I retired the drug and if I go a week or two without tanning. Say hello to my little friends...ACNE!

What test do you run. I do alright when I run single-estered test.

I'm off right now...debating whether to run some sus or cyp/prop or cyp. I usually run cyp but I think maybe I want to fool around and try other things. I've always used cyp as a base.

It's funny though. I have no facial acne problems at all. It's a miracle if I have one zit on my face but my back........now thats a diffrent story. On or off gear I'm ****ed.
    i think it's cause your clothes trap so much sweat and oil.

way b4 gear i've always broke out on my traps and delts a bit (where the most sweat gets caught) when i lift alot and don't shower RIGHT afterwards (which is most of the time 'cause i only take like 3 showers a week).

I always shower right after training. Even before I eat. MY first priority is to shower with dish washing soap then food. My whole back gets covered with acne. Especially now when I'm off. Not so bad when I'm on only when I'm on for long periods of time which I don't do anymore.

I'm off right now...debating whether to run some sus or cyp/prop or cyp. I usually run cyp but I think maybe I want to fool around and try other things. I've always used cyp as a base.
    Stick to single esters to help with blood concentrations. This will help to finght acne a little. Everything else you are doing seems fine.

**** this acne!

BDTR is offline Retired
    More test = more gains. Sorry to burst everyones bubble. You wont double your gains from 500 to 1000mg but they will increase, same as they will increase from 1000mg to 2000mg. It's just the way it is. All this providing your diet and training on key. Those people who grow like a weed from 200mg of test a week are genetic mesomorphs, the majority of the population isnt so we need to suppliment higher doses.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    **** this acne!
    i 2nd that bro! my backne is horrible! it started going away a little when i was using dawn dish soap.

man....i wish i still surfed the salt water and sun will dry that sh@t right up.

have you tried retin-a or accutane?

i'm trying to conquer this **** too

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    Tanning and exfoliant soap with a back scrubber every day is helping the scarring go away from my backne from last cycle

massacre: Is your problem new acne breakouts or the scars it has left?

joevette is offline Banned
    The whole basis of steroid usage is that providing your body with more androgens will result in faster muscle growth. So, instead of using the 70mg of test your body produces per week you use 500mg, and so 1000mg will result in even more growth.

Massacre: Try putting toothpaste on your acne before bed. I've had some pretty serious cycstic zits pop up and 2 days of colgate knocked them right out.

peaker is offline Senior Member
    i have recently bumped my test up to a 1 gram and yes i notice a big difference, its not like double the results but it feels like i am growing like i should be on AS.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    intresting, this is an age old debate that seems to be making a comeback right now, but IMO yes more test=more gains. also more sides for some

dieseL atC is offline Member
    Never tried, but I have read articles/posts that say that it is so..

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I'll let ya know... at least the difference between 500test/400eq/400deca and 1gram of test(well and 600tren). 'to be continued'

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I'll let ya know... at least the difference between 500test/400eq/400deca and 1gram of test(well and 600tren). 'to be continued'
    1g of test and 600mg of tren will blow 500test/400eq/400deca away, no contest. Not only are you using 300mg more stuff, but what you are using is several times more powerful. Good luck with that, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Justarting is offline Associate Member
    In response to the acne... I'm surprised noone put down Pantothenic acid (vitamin b5). Literally was a miracle for me, cleared everything up. Very cheap as well.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    btw who's the hack that wrote that garbage? i bet it was Bill Phillips
    Actually it was Author. L. Rea. He's a steroid 'guru' and a big SOB to boot. He's been responsible for several pro's 'nutritional advice'. Toney Freeman worked with him alot. He's a less well know but more respected Chad Nicholls from everything i have read.
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...D%26safe%3Doff
    not bad for a guy that used to look like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Justarting
    In response to the acne... I'm surprised noone put down Pantothenic acid (vitamin b5). Literally was a miracle for me, cleared everything up. Very cheap as well.
    How much b5 do you need to take to help acne?

Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer1
    How much b5 do you need to take to help acne?
    I have heard it takes 10grams until under control then 1.5g as maintainence

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    500 to 1000 made a difference. 1000 to 2000 made a difference. I can't even imagine being on 500. My HRT will be more than that.

I have heard it takes 10grams until under control then 1.5g as maintainence
    you take it as a pill?

you take it as a pill?
    Powder is the likely. You do not want to have to take a bunch of tabs... I am sure you can find it, I just used the 1.5g per day when I got a few ugly ones... I am lucky I guess(knock on wood)

Powder is the likely. You do not want to have to take a bunch of tabs... I am sure you can find it, I just used the 1.5g per day when I got a few ugly ones... I am lucky I guess(knock on wood)
    For the ammount of B5 you need you'd be taking about 20 pills per day, so powder is the way to go. Watch out, though, it's about the worst tasting thing ever. All in all it's never done much for me, I've had better success with dial and toothpaste.

Tanning and exfoliant soap with a back scrubber every day is helping the scarring go away from my backne from last cycle

massacre: Is your problem new acne breakouts or the scars it has left?
    Very few are new now that I've been taking Tetracycline but most are the scars.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Very few are new now that I've been taking Tetracycline but most are the scars.
    Thats too bad bro..I started to get a bunch of those big zits the ones you cant see but there huge and hurt and are there forever..I had 20 throughout my body at least,these zits seem to leave the most scars too...So I took 20mg/mcg one of the two I don't remember per day of accutane and within a month all acne was gone..Now when ever I start to break out which is usually only when my blood levels get messed up or when I first start taking orals just for a week or so it really keeps it at bay..I know accutane is a no no with orals but I always get my enzyme values checked and they have never got bad..I always use salycilic acid face wash on my upper body and face(the only place I have problems with acne)...Just my way to control acne over years of cycling....

Thread Information