mmhhmm is offline Junior Member

need a lil help here

alright this subject came up yesturday about how the military is now testing all of its members for steroids . i could not find out anything on searching the web. I know how they can test members who are suspected. but yesturday it was stated how it is now part of a basic urine analysis. anyone got any info?

CJN1717 is offline Junior Member
    I'm not sure but I was always under the impression it wasnt part of the basic urinalysis. But like you any info from anyone with knowledge on this subject would be good.

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    dude in the army they dont test for steroids they probably want you to be on them if anything... see the army is trying to get as many people as they can as it is so i doubt theyll test you for steroids cause then that would mean they would have to refuse so many people... they test for all the stuff like heroin and all those drugs that will interfere with proper performance and hand eye co-ordination. i dont want you to only take my word for it though cause i remember a friend telling me this that was going to the army. do some more research on the topic just in case..peace

fudgedelic is offline Associate Member
    I can not say for sure what the military is up to, and i don't think steroids would be a substance of great concern to them, but pretty standard in terms of illicit drug testing is the NIDA-5 (National Institute on Drug Abuse) which includes cannabinoids, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, and phencyclidine. Rarely is a test going to go beyond this because of financial costs, if they do they are most likely looking for something specific, i would only worry about chemicals that fall into those categories.

mmhhmm is offline Junior Member
    i didn't think so either, thanx guys, i figured plus somethin this big would be on the new. but i will keep my ear open!! u guys do the same. peace.

Thread Information