transform is offline Associate Member

hair care on a cycle (not gay,BTW)

Proscar can prevent hairloss with test because it blocks 5 ARs to which stops test converting to dht. Any one know how successful it is at this or what percentage of hair loss itll prevent. Also it cant be used with deca , but is it safe to use with primo and anavar . Im thinkin of a test E/primo/anavar cycle and im plannin on proscar to reduce potential hairloss to being neglegible coz primo and var are nearly harmless to your hair(am i right on that?) and the proscar will stop test becoming dht.Also is nizoral shampoo good or does anyoe have any other suggestions? So is it safe to use proscar with priom and var, or will it result in the same as usin it with deca?

AVAGO is offline Member
    Proscar/Finasteride is i belive to be about 75% as opposed to ..........
    Dutasteride/Avodart is about 95% effective in blocking dht. Though they shouldnt be ran together

AVAGO is offline Member
    Proscar/Finasteride is i belive to be about 75% as opposed to ..........
    Dutasteride/Avodart is about 95% effective in blocking dht. Though they shouldnt be ran together.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I tried finasteride (proscar) with test and I don't think it worked too well. I still had plenty of thinning. I tried finasteride with low doses of dbol and my hair still thinned out pretty good. Then I tried dutasteride with low doses of dbol and had very little thinning. Then I tried dutasteride with moderate doses of dbol and still had very little thinning. Haven't tried duta and test yet, but I'm thinking it will do a much better job of keeping my hair than the finasteride did.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Its a tough thing. Since the actual growth cycle of a hair requires many months, there is a benefit to reducing the higher level of DHT via drugs like proscar but it might not be evident in the mirror if you are using them only while on a cycle.

Hair loss drugs can all initiate a wave of shedding when you initially start with them becuase the reduction in dht can send sensitive hairs into a new growth phase. This is a good thing but what happens is the old hair detaches and falls out. In the mirror you could look worse but what is actually happening is good. It can take up to a year or two to see the maximum benefits from these drugs. My advice for people who know they are thinning is to take them daily, starting with proscar/propecia and give it at least a year to assess the results.

Just taking them on cycle, I think their is a benefit but not as far as what you see in the mirror.

Eveyone's sensitivity to dht is different and even every hair is different so some will see great results from proscar, otheres will need the stronger avodart.

Proscar has long term safety studies that are 10 years in length so that's why I recommmend it over someone starting with avodart that came on the US market late 2002.

Adding Minoxidil and Nizoral create cumulative benefits , but again they should be used regurally if you have a male pattern baldness problem.
    Last edited by sp9; 04-11-2005 at 09:33 AM.

transform is offline Associate Member
    Thanks il check out the dutasteride and JdJuicer, im not sure but from what iv read i think nothing seems to be successfully able to inhibit dbol or anadrol converting to dht.

Iv found that statement about steroids to be really confusing,"if your likely to suffer from mpb later in life then youll probably lose hair", coz i honestly dont know of any man who didnt suffer from mpb in his life.Whether it was just a ouple of little car parks over his temples or total baldness!I dont think i will be 'totally' bald, but ithink my hair will thin out and fringe recede over time, but i believe if i did a dbol/test cycle id regret it!I just want something to reduce hairloss, because surely there has to be something that people use while on a cycle.Do ya reckon that if i did test for 8 weeks and the normal 3 week pct, that i should take dutasteride every day a week before the cycle started to a week after pct? Would it be worthwhile at all because iv got gear here for a test/dbol cycle and iv gained a friggin great amount of weight after just 6 days, but i want something to prevent my hair thinning or my fringe receding.

JdJuicer, how did ya cycle the dutasteride?Anyone else ever use it

Thread Information