D00fy is offline Anabolic Member

Another needle / syringe question

-I was wondering about the 18g needle,can i leave the 18g needle in the vial,stuck in the rubber ,so i dont have to keep changing needles every time to draw and than inject? just basically leave 1needle in the test vial and 1needle in the eq vial? what do you think?

-About the syringe since im using 18g needles and 23g needles,as for the syringe itself(NO NEEDLE,some people get confused so i detail this part out) can i use the same one for the whole week if im doing injects monday TEST/EQ and thursday TEST/EQ can i use the same syringe but just a new needle
    or should i use a different syringe each time?

Julu is offline New Member
    Do yourself a favor and just buy a big box of syringes/23g needles, and get a box of drawing pins. Don't ever go cheap on darts....it is your body!!!! If you are going to spend the money on gear...you might as well use it correctly! Get plenty of darts!

Later Bros

thank you,so even the syringes need to be new everytime i inject?

Julu is offline New Member
    It's a good idea to always use NEW equipment each time yes!

Later Bros

thx,its time to go hit the gym.........

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member

Re: Another needle / syringe question

Originally posted by D00fy
    -I was wondering about the 18g needle,can i leave the 18g needle in the vial,stuck in the rubber ,so i dont have to keep changing needles every time to draw and than inject? just basically leave 1needle in the test vial and 1needle in the eq vial? what do you think?

-About the syringe since im using 18g needles and 23g needles,as for the syringe itself(NO NEEDLE,some people get confused so i detail this part out) can i use the same one for the whole week if im doing injects monday TEST/EQ and thursday TEST/EQ can i use the same syringe but just a new needle
    or should i use a different syringe each time?

Leaving the pin in the rubber is just like leaving a tunnel for air and bacteria i should think! id say use a different pin EVERY time you draw or inject and the same goes for the barrel as well!

luke Julu says - its your body! dont comprimise yourself by being a cheapskate with the pins and barrels!

your right ,i was brainstorming

THE DON is offline Associate Member
    best to be safe rather than sorry bro
    now we wouldnt want your nice bottle of eq to get infected with bacteria would we
    btw what does your cycle look like.

week1-10 test 400mg
    week1-10 eq 400mg
    week1-4 dbol 20-25???

i still dont know whats a good dose of dbol,i am worried about liver,prostate,kidney but u think those dose are effective........and than again the test is another question i keep thinking thats alot of test? for someone who weights around 160 ,5'9 to much for my receptors to handle????

THE DON is offline Associate Member
    i would go for 35mg aday

the first time i did dbol i ran it at 50mg aday for 5weeks that was stupid i know, i have run dbol in two other cycles at 35mg aday with test.and deca which gave good results in my eyes thats a good dose u have come up with for the test as well.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Two suggestions, o d00f one . . .

First, don't use 18 g. pins for drawing, use 20 g. pins. When you go that large, there is no significant difference. (In other words, it might take 4 seconds to draw into an 18 g., but 5 seconds to draw into a 20 g. No big whoop.) So why use 20 g.? Because an 18 g. is so large that it can break tiny pieces away from the rubber stopper on the vial, and you may even end up with tiny pieces mixed with the stuff in the syringe.

You must use a fresh pin for both drawing and injecting each and every time. Ditto the syringe - always a new one.

Here's the bottom line, D00fy - you will probably spend hundreds of dollars on gear. You can get a syringe and twp pins for about $0.30, so why skimp there? You're talking about the specific implement that you use to inject stuff into your body - don't try to get away any cheaper, because that's the cheapest part of the gear anyway.

thx TNT your right dam 18g pins:/

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    or if your liek me you can use a 18g needle for drawing and draw it in about 1 second( which i didnt know any better) and get so many damn little air bubbles it takes 15 minutes to tap them all out i think i will try the 20g next time too

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    this is a good thread. i found answers i was looking for but couple of more questions. I read spot injections dot com a couple of times. After you draw your doses how would you protect the vial? is there like a top you can put on so no bacteria goes in the hole? also, when you are aspirating, let's say no blood comes up but some bubbles come up, do you take the needle back out and flick it till the bubbles go away and stab it in the same spot again?

TNT

Cool eradikate's questions . . .

You do not need to protect the vial. Assuming you are using nothing larger than a 20 g. needle, simply store the vial in a cool (but not refrigerated) and dark place - any drawer will do assumuing it is not next to a heater. The hole is so miniscule that it is negligible; remember, if you go to a doctor's office, you will often see vials sitting right on the table in an exam room. (Don't get excited, folks - usually they are simply xylocaine or a similar topical anesthetic, and have no anabolic value. And believe me, you never want to shoot them into a muscle.]

When you aspirate , the first air bubble you see will tell you that you are not in a vein. (Why? All together now . . . Because you saw a small air bubble as opposed to blood.) So send that air right back to where it came from - your muscle. (In other words, just leave it in and inject. A small air bubble is a good sign.) Remember, you only have to aspirate (pull back) minimally - just enough to see that you are not drawing back blood.
    Last edited by TNT; 04-08-2002 at 11:34 AM.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Come on Doofy, just the sterilization alone, man you are injecting a substance deep into your body/muscles, you need to be as sterile as possible, and leaving a needle in a vial is not very sterile. Besides, everytime you draw from your vial you should whip the "stopper" with alcohol to remove any bacteria from the outside. Remember sterile is the key here. It sounds like you are worried about spending money, well how would a trip to the doctors office to relieve a oil abcest or an infection cost ya, not to mention the embarasment? I am not tryin to flame you Doofy, I am only try to help you.. use your head amigo.. sterile is very important.
    Pins are cheap, I even ordered some alcohol pads when I ordered my pins, and I still use alcohol even after I pull the pin out..

Ironweb is offline Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by TNT
    [B]Two suggestions, o d00f one . . .

You must use a fresh pin for both drawing and injecting each and every time. Ditto the syringe - always a new one.

I agree with the fact we need to use a fresh needle and syringe everytime. My question is why use a different needle than the one you draw with? I ask this because if I were to go to a hospitial or doctors office, they would inject me with the same needle as they draw up the solution with. So if it is ok for the medical community then why not for us?

TNT

Cool Ironweb's Question . . .

Originally posted by Ironweb
    My question is why use a different needle than the one you draw with? I ask this because if I were to go to a hospitial or doctors office, they would inject me with the same needle as they draw up the solution with. So if it is ok for the medical community then why not for us?
    Actually, that's a good question, and you're quite correct - a doctor's office will almost never switch needles (although I am aware of a few nurses who switch needles when doing oil-based injections).

The reason that you would switch needles, which you should do only for oil-based shots and not water-based shots, is that it's easier to inject out of a thin needle than it is to draw into a needle.

Let's use testosterone enanthate as an example. The only legally manufactured brand of enth is Delatestryl, which comes in both a multi-dose vial and in pre-loaded, individual "uni-matic" syringes. The individual syringes are manufactured as a 200 mg., 1 ml. dose in 20 g. 1-1/2" syringes. Obviously, the implication is that the manufacturer, BTG/Bristol Myers Squibb, intends the shot to be given with a 20 g. 1-1/2" needle.

But as any AS user will tell you, a 20 g. 1-1/2" needle hurts like hell. (Don't fuck with us - we're big mofo's . but not when it comes to the size of a pin. ) Especially if you are injecting anywhere other than the glutes, which is where the manufacturer recommends Delatestryl be injected.

The fact is simple: The finer the needle (keeping in mind that the larger the gauge number, the thinner or finer the pin), the easier it will be to give yourself an injection. Why? Because (except, perhaps, for a few S&M guys on the board), we tend to hesitate when we're about to jab a freakin' needle into our own bodies - that is human nature.

Got it? I can jab a bro without mercy, shouting, "Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!" while I do it. But when it comes to my own tender tush, I'm gonna exhibit a little more trepidation. Hell, I'm gonna turn it into a ritual! (And, as I've written elsewhere, I don't inject my own glutes. I think injections should be done with two hands, so if I'm doing it myself, I always go for the quads.)

The guidelines for AS injections are very simple: Use a 22 g. needle for the glutes, a 23 g. needle for the delts, and a 25 g. needle for the quads. In terms of length, use 1-1/2" for the glutes and 1" for the delts or quads. If you go up or down a gauge point, no big whoop, but remember - the thinner the needle, the less pain you will have on a self-injection.

Thus, we change the needle for two reasons. First, it is easier to draw into the syringe with a 20 g. needle. Second, when you use a 20 g. needle, the pin tip will dull slightly from the act of going through the rubber stopper on the vial. Therefore, by changing to a size apopropriate for the injection site, you not only have an easier needle, but one that has not been zapped through a rubber stopper for the filling.

Again, all this is for oil-based shots only. If you're doing something with a water base, you can always draw and inject with the same 25 g. needle, regardless of injection site - the only difference will be the needle length (as usual, 1-1/2" for glutes, 1" for delts and quads).

So there's the difference: In a doctor's office, they may be willing to draw and inject oil-based stuff with the same 20 g. needle. But I'm not so much of a masochist to do that to myself.

Keep in mind that when it comes to oil-based gear, the thinner the needle, the slower the injection will go into you. You will have to push the plunger harder and take a few extra seconds to complete the injection, but the fact that you are using a thinner needle will create much less pain than you would have from a thicker one. Besides, if you're injecting yourself with AS, why be in a rush? So it takes a few extra seconds . . . no big deal. (Why would you be in a rush when you're juicing anyway?) Turn it into a religious rite - light some candles, put Ravel's Bolero* on in the background, and have some fun. (But don't load the syringe by candlelight - accuracy is more important than ambiance.)

* It's also great music for long sex. But it can be frustrating if you don't have your orgasm right at the crescendo. And if you can time it that way, you have to be able to avoid laughing your ass off.
    Last edited by TNT; 04-08-2002 at 12:53 PM.

Ironweb is offline Member
    Thanks TNT once again your answer leaves no stone unturned.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    *bows before TNT and his knowledge*..lol

whats a good size needle to draw up liquidex than?

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    thanx TNT

can 0ne use a 21g pin to draw also? reason i ask is i dont wanna get all different size pins,i want a set of 2 different pins for drawing also for drawing the liquidex but the l-dex requires a 18g or 21,so is a 21g good for draw from vials also?

TNT

Cool Think logically, o doof one . . .

You will draw more easily from a 21 g. pin than a 22 g., but not as easily as you would with a 20 g.

The problem, D00fy, is that you can go overboard in terms of needles. You will not find 21 g. needles as easily, since they are not that common. (They are available, but most sources will jump from 20 g. directly to 22 g.)

The fact is that you don't need pins of every gauge and every length imaginable in order to manage your cycles. I keep only four types of pins around - 20 g. 1-1/2" (for drawing), 22 g. 1-1/2" (for glutes), 23 g. 1" (for delts), and 25 g. 1" (for quads and for water-based shots in the delts). You'll never need anything more unless you are doing insulin , and I do not recommend that anyone does insulin except diabetics for medical reasons only.

thx i heard 22g are painful for glutes?

so with liquidex i can use a 20g or 21g? i heard the liquidex is hard to draw up?

jrocker25 is offline Junior Member
    hey, on liquidex since your not injecting into your body can you draw with the same 18g and shoot it into you mouth with the same pin every day?

good question!!!!! i dont wanna switch needles for l-dex

TNT

Cool Yes, but . . .

Originally posted by jrocker25
    hey, on liquidex since your not injecting into your body can you draw with the same 18g and shoot it into you mouth with the same pin every day?
    Yes, but at the very least, rinse the syringe after you are done using it. Fill and push out some water (doesn't have to be sterile, but obviously should be clean - not soapy) to rinse out the pin.

Keep in mind that an 18 g. pin will eventually cause more wear on a vial's rubber stopper. Some people have said here that you can even get tiny bits of rubber in the syringe.

You do not have to be as concerned with sterility because you are not injecting into your body.

And I know that what I am about to say is pure common sense, but these things need to be said anyway: Remover the pin before shooting the liquid into your mouth. You can still get an infection if you leave the pin on and it pricks you in the face (or elsewhere). So draw the liquidex in, remove the pin from the vial, pull back to get another half-cc or so of air, then recap the pin and unscrew it from the syringe before partaking of your little cocktail.

Having said all that, I still recommend using a fresh pin and syringe any time. Once again, we are talking about the cheapest part of using gear. If you're gonna spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on the gear itself, why skimp on the equipment?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    TNT, i have some needle questions as well

First off, I have needles left over (over 50) from last summer (summer of 2001) and they are inside my friends locker at univ. They are all in a box, and each one is still in it's wrapper. What i'm wondering is, do needles go bad? Basically, is there such a thing as having a needle too long even if it's still wrapped? Or is it better to by newer needles? They are 22G 1.5inch needles.

Also, when you say that the needle's point will be dull because it's penetrating the vial rubber, isn't the needle point also going dull from hitting the bottom of the vial/amp? Like sus amps, you can flip it over to withdraw (obviously the sus will leak out) so you must keep the needle upright correct? So the needle constantly hits the bottom of the sus amp. Also, how do you get every last drop of sus out? Doesn't some of the oil stay at the bottom of the amp? Stuff that you just can't reach/suck up?

Also, if i'm planning on injecting into the quads, like you said above, it's better to get 25g needles 1 inch. So is it a good idea to use the 22g needles i already have to withdraw the sus, and then switch to 25g to inject? Will the needle always fit the new syringe? As long as they are both 3cc?? Cause the ones i have now are 1.5 inch, and i want 1 inch for quads, still okay?

thnx

Thread Information