CrispyHaole is offline Associate Member

1" needle for the glutes?

I've read on this board that the glutes need 1.5" needles but I've always used 1" (for only 1cc though). Will this be a problem when I inject 2cc with a 1" pin? 3 cc? What exactly happens if you don't get it down far enough? I have had small site lumps from the shots but was told this is normal (muscular damage) and they always go away in 1 weeks time.

seanw is offline Banned
    If you dont go in far enough it could end up in fat and not muscle so you could have dispersion problems. 1" is OK if you dont have a fat arse and you push the pin all the way in

R.I.P. is offline Banned
    Make sure your accurate when incerting the needle. Time and time again people injure themselves because they place the needle in the wrong location. If you need some help contact me.

seanw is offline Banned

GOATNUTS is offline Member
    1" should be fine if you hit it in the right place. for more info on injections so you dont keep hitting the glutes and start to build scar tissue check out this site bro www.spotinjections.com

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    For my first cycle I used 1 inchers for glutes. Some of it would leak out and I usually was sore for along time. Now I use 1 1/2 and can't tell the next day that I had a shot.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    GET THE 1-1/2" PINS. Why take chances? Yes, 1" can work, under ideal conditions and properly done, but the 1-1/2 is closer to being idiot proof. Why not spend a few bucks on the pins? And I do mean a FEW bucks. They are so friggin cheap!

Obviously, depth is a bigger issue with a larger injection. It is more likely that the gear will follow the needle hole back out into fat or even sub-q or possibly even leak right out of your ass. The smaller shot, not as critical.

Don't toss the 1"pins, though. They are handy for quad shots.

Thread Information