Thread: E-Gold

EatRite is offline Senior Member

E-Gold

Does anybody know how this works??? i made an account, but i'm not sure how to do this... do you just put in the other person's account number and then it will pay them or something...

little help please???

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    I've never used it, but if I remember correctly, you make an account, fund your account(you are charged for this) and then send money to whoever's e-gold account once yours is funded.

joevette is offline Banned
    You have to use a funding agent to put the money into your e-gold account then you can transfer the money from your account to someone elses. Funding agents include goldex.net anygoldnow.com spacegold.com as well as others.

so i dont fund it through e-gold.com???

Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    so i dont fund it through e-gold.com???
    No, you can't put money directly into your e-gold account you have to use a funding agent that will charge you a percent (around 10%). E-gold just holds onto the money and tranfers it to other people for you.

Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    No, you can't put money directly into your e-gold account you have to use a funding agent that will charge you a percent (around 10%). E-gold just holds onto the money and tranfers it to other people for you.

ohhh ok...

d@mn... this is more complicated than i thought...

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    Any concerns about security when sending money this way?

not2bigyet is offline Member
    I consider myself intelligent and it took me about an hour to figure out how that sh*t works. You have to set up the e-gold account, which is the equivelent of a normal checking or savings account. Then you literally have to buy gold (for an added fee) from one of the websites mentioned, and transfer the gold into your e-gold account. Once you fund your account, you can then send the gold to your suppliers account...personally I would rather take a chance on losing cash then having to deal with it...good luck!

yea man... i'm working on figuring it out... haha i'm not a dumb kid myself... at least i dont think so... and its giving me hell

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    That **** was a bunch of crap. I set up the accounts and everything and never used it. Western Union is much easier.

Alexander the Graet is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    That **** was a bunch of crap. I set up the accounts and everything and never used it. Western Union is much easier.
    yea and did u get 1 cc or 1 ml or the same wow am confused again!

Quote Originally Posted by No One Knows
    Any concerns about security when sending money this way?
    It's pretty safe since it goes through banks in Nova Scotia and is very hard to track. Thats the main benefit of e-gold.

they charge 15% for a service charge to purchase funds to put in ur account, then they charge like 3 or 4% on egold... the benefit of it cancells the benefits of the cheaper prices...

does anybody know if WU purchases are charged a % of the transaction????

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Huge pain in the A$$...Aviod it at all costs..Like someone said ealier I'd rather take the chance of losing money...

Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    they charge 15% for a service charge to purchase funds to put in ur account, then they charge like 3 or 4% on egold... the benefit of it cancells the benefits of the cheaper prices...

does anybody know if WU purchases are charged a % of the transaction????
    Ouch! That's higher than I thought. But yeah WU charges around 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Ouch! That's higher than I thought. But yeah WU charges around 10%.

if i drop a grand or two thats 180 to 360... thats a lot of money in my books...

100-200 sounds a little more rational...

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    Got this idea from my homegirl whose parents are in cali and their bank didnt have any branches on the east coast. Use paypal...thats how i send money to my little brother cause he is a small ass college town. You just get a pay pal account and link it to your checking. He also has the 'paypal debit card' (which they give you for free as well) and he also has a paypal account as well linked to his checking account. It liek 1 or 2% per transaction or somethign really small like that...and i can go to paypal.com and just click and send the dough. Just tell who ever who sending the money to get a paypal account...they're free.

Peace
    Last edited by Wrath; 04-13-2005 at 10:28 PM.

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath
    Got this idea from my homegirl whose parents are in cali and their bank didnt have any branches on the east coast. Use paypal...thats how i send money to my little brother cause he is a small ass college town. You just get a pay pal account and link it to your checking. He also has the 'paypal debit card' (which they give you for free as well) and he also has a paypal account as well linked to his checking account. It liek 1 or 2% per transaction or somethign really small like that...and i can go to paypal.com and just click and send the dough. Just tell who ever who sending the money to get a paypal account...they're free.

Peace

Yea.....i doubt whoever he's sending money to is gonna go for that .

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath

Peace

bad idea.

i would never link my bank to paypal especially with alll the hackers on the net ,and not to mention paypal sucks they've ripped me off plenty of times

soontoberipped is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flabbywussy
    bad idea.

i would never link my bank to paypal especially with alll the hackers on the net ,and not to mention paypal sucks they've ripped me off plenty of times
    I have paypal linked up to my bank account and have never had any problems...although I would never use it to buy gear.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flabbywussy
    bad idea.

paypal will rip you sooner or later. agreed

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Paypal IS NOT CONFIDENTIAL, your leaving a trail, remember that.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    paypal totally f@cked me with their "buyer protection" program when i was a seller on e-bay.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I've heard a lot of bad stuff about PayPal. I haven't got burned yet. I just use it for EBay purchases and I don't leave any money in their account.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    wait until you get a product that is not "not as described or damaged". fill out the form for your money back and youll get an email that says they dont guarantee the quality of the products sorry. Tell them you got a box of rocks instead of the product if its damaged or bad condition. trust me i have been raped by them. I am in the process of raping them back. Trust me i know the way too.

Thread Information