cyclist2173 is offline Associate Member

Red lump on ass...infection from rubber stopper?

I noticed in my last injection (on Monday) that I had a couple small rubber stopper fragments in my pre-loaded dart. They were small enough to easily pass thru my 25g needle and into my ass. Now, I have a lump, which by itself is no big deal...but it is red. I do not have a fever and the little rubber pieces were obviously sterile. Should I go see a doctor or will it subside by itself? I figure when you get wood splinters or a bee sting and do not get them removed you usually are OK....so will I be fine?

Nelstar is offline Member
    does it hurt?

ducatibob is offline Junior Member

50/50 chance

Rubber is not easily broken down by your body (most are non-organic). Splinters will eventualy break down (could take weeks) if there's no infection. Glass is a good example of a non-organic substance that usually doesn't cause an infection (depends on how you got the glass under your skin) but eventually your body pushes it to the surfaces where it's easy to remove. If the redness subsides I wouldn't worry about it. If the redness persists I'd head to the doctor. Don't wait too long though a deep infection can seriously f*** with you.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I had glass coming out of my face/forehead for about a year after I ate the windshield in a headon collision. They would look like pimples and you would go to pop them and a sliver of glass would come out. My windshield was dirty as hell but never got an infection.

cyclist2173 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelstar
    does it hurt?
    The lump doesn't hurt any more than a regular post-injection.

I am just wondering...how red is too red?

Another thing...I injected it a little farther than a bee sting of the glass in forehead at 1.5" deep.

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    You saw bits of the rubber stopper in the syringe and injected anyway? Not smart. Just throw it away next time.

How long did you have the pin preloaded?

Thread Information