mule1983 is offline Associate Member

"shutting down hard

flame away at this question but here goes:

A. If on 500 mg of test per week,your body produces no endogenous testosterone . Correct? Some juice, people say "shuts you down hard" (TREN , DECA , ETC?). If this is true how can a steroid shut you down more than 100%? Is it because you have no testosterone in your system on these drugs alone... unlike testosterone where you have a great deal of exogenous Test?

On a molecular level does tren, deca, and pretty much all other non-test steroids convert to testosterone? this would be the only way a non test steroid would not shut you down?

I dont even know if that makes sense, but i tried my best.

peace
    MULE

joevette is offline Banned
    Test will shut you down eventually, however while I'm on cycle just a little bit of trib keeps me producing at least a little endo test until about week 12. It's not an immidiate "put exo test into your body and you'll stop producing test" kind of thing.

Deca and tren shut you down harder because they act as prolactins in the body. Prolactin shuts the HPTA down even faster than estrogen or exogenous anabolics.

scotty082865 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mule1983
    flame away at this question but here goes:

A. If on 500 mg of test per week,your body produces no endogenous testosterone. Correct? Some juice, people say "shuts you down hard" (TREN, DECA, ETC?). If this is true how can a steroid shut you down more than 100%? Is it because you have no testosterone in your system on these drugs alone... unlike testosterone where you have a great deal of exogenous Test?
    Hey Bro. It's not necessarily that it shuts you down more than 100%. It has more to do with half life. Nandralone (Deca ) typically is longer acting AND tends to bind to the receptors at the hypothalimus with more affinity than does testosterone . With the longer half life it stay in yoru system longer and thus shuts you down longer than would test prop for example.

On a molecular level does tren , deca, and pretty much all other non-test steroids convert to testosterone? this would be the only way a non test steroid would not shut you down?

I dont even know if that makes sense, but i tried my best.

peace
    MULE
    They don't convert to testosterone at all. They are what they are but are still androgens that will bind to the adrogen receptors int he axis. Even Estrogen will bind to these same receptors. This is one cause of andropause , too much E2. Binds to the hypothalimus and the system assumes the body has enough androgen.

Hops some of this helps.

Scotty

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    bump. Interesting discussion.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that's a great question, I've often wondered that myself

joevette is offline Banned
    Half life has nothing to do with the degree at which a certain AAS will shut you down. Since you're repeatedly injecting the AAS at regular intervals you will develope steady blood concentrations either way. For instance: Nandrolone Phenylprop will shut you down faster/harder than test prop even though they both have the same halflives. It's nandrolone and its derivitives' progestinic effects that inhibit the HPTA so badly.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Test will shut you down eventually
    no, it will shut u down. period.

Thread Information