musclestack is offline Productive Member

what causes catabolism?

hey, guys. I realize that catabolism is the breakdown of molecules into simpler ones, and in turn, it can cause a release of energy, but exactly what causes catabolism and how can it be avoided? Thanks.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Catabolism is part of a two-part process of perpetuity which takes place in the body...as the body attempts to maintain homeostasis. The body is constantly building and breaking down tissue in an attempt to remain the 'same'. (i.e. homeostatic)

Maybe someone else can shed light on the 'why'.

I don't believe catabolism can be fully surpressed... it can however be reduced in the favour of anabolism. This is part of how anabolics work...by tipping the anabolism/catabolism equation in the favour of anabolism

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Catabolism is part of a two-part process of perpetuity which takes place in the body...as the body attempts to maintain homeostasis. The body is constantly building and breaking down tissue in an attempt to remain the 'same'. (i.e. homeostatic)

I don't believe catabolism can be fully surpressed... it can however be reduced in the favour of anabolism. This is part of how anabolics work...by tipping the anabolism/catabolism equation in the favour of anabolism
    Excellent answer. Top notch.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Off the top of head...i'm a bit tired

joevette is offline Banned
    Stopping catabolism is one of the main reasons why bodybuilders use insulin . AAS causes anabolism while exo slin decreases catabolism, so the combination of the two results in an even more extreme muscle building environment.

musclestack is offline Productive Member

what are signs?

Okay, but while juicing, what are the signs of catabolism?

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    overtraining a certain muscle without proper rest and nutrition is one of the best ways of catabolism. All that work for nothing!!!

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos

Yeah u r pretty much on the mark there.. catabolism cant be stopped, I dont remember exactly but I have a vague idea that body decomposes bout 300 grams of protein a day (primarily muscle tissue).. and this is for a normal person.. dont know what it is 4 a 220 pound bodybuilder. summary= muscle is quite dynamic tissue

Thread Information