diesel85 is offline Junior Member

serious joint pain, 4 months after last cycle...

hey bros, i've been off since the end of November last year, and unfortunately, haven't been able to workout since(maybe three times--i know, please no lectures!)...anyway, the past couple weeks i've been having some SEVERE joint pain...it started in my wrists, and moved to my fingers (thumb and index on left hand go numb sometimes)--doc said it could be carpal tunnel, however, it has now moved to my knees, ankles, and feet...in the mornings, i get outta bed like a grandpa, stiff and in pain...it usually subsides a little throughout the day, but ****, i'm only 29, you think it could be rheumatoid arhtritis or something? i've checked online, and it seems like i have symptoms of gout also. you think it'll get better if i just get my lazy ass back in the gym, or at least on a treadmill? any help is GREATLY appreciated...i'm waiting on my app. for insurance to go through, so i know that i need to go to the doc's, just wondering if anyone has had any similar symptoms...thanks

diesel

big_mike is offline Member
    If you do a search on a thread I started a while back, you will see that I was suffering from major joint problems in my elbows. This however was caused by the increasingly heavy weight I was benching...and the inadequate amount of time I spent resting. It can be many factors that lead to joint pain, however, if i were you, I would spend a small amount of time everyday before you begin your workout on the tread-mill or the bike, for 5 minutes anyways. Also, you can start supplementing with glucosamine, and maybe even some greap seed extract...which has healed many many things on various people I know. Lastly, before you begin a set with anything, do several extremely light primer sets to get your joints warmed up. Again, you need to see exactly where you are having this joint pain, because some of it is occuring in the most odd of places.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel85
    hey bros, i've been off since the end of November last year, and unfortunately, haven't been able to workout since(maybe three times--i know, please no lectures!)...anyway, the past couple weeks i've been having some SEVERE joint pain...it started in my wrists, and moved to my fingers (thumb and index on left hand go numb sometimes)--doc said it could be carpal tunnel, however, it has now moved to my knees, ankles, and feet...in the mornings, i get outta bed like a grandpa, stiff and in pain...it usually subsides a little throughout the day, but ****, i'm only 29, you think it could be rheumatoid arhtritis or something? i've checked online, and it seems like i have symptoms of gout also. you think it'll get better if i just get my lazy ass back in the gym, or at least on a treadmill? any help is GREATLY appreciated...i'm waiting on my app. for insurance to go through, so i know that i need to go to the doc's, just wondering if anyone has had any similar symptoms...thanks

diesel

Trackman 37 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mike
    If you do a search on a thread I started a while back, you will see that I was suffering from major joint problems in my elbows. This however was caused by the increasingly heavy weight I was benching...and the inadequate amount of time I spent resting. It can be many factors that lead to joint pain, however, if i were you, I would spend a small amount of time everyday before you begin your workout on the tread-mill or the bike, for 5 minutes anyways. Also, you can start supplementing with glucosamine, and maybe even some greap seed extract...which has healed many many things on various people I know. Lastly, before you begin a set with anything, do several extremely light primer sets to get your joints warmed up. Again, you need to see exactly where you are having this joint pain, because some of it is occuring in the most odd of places.
    I'll second the glucosamine suggestion as well as the warm up sets. I've had a lot of elbow trouble over the past 5 years in part because like Big Mike I've done heavy benches for years also being 38 doesn't help. Glucosamine has helped a lot as has proper warm up. I also agree with you have some pain in odd places I wouldn't normally associate with joint problems so a visit to the doctor is definitly in order.

kubano28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel85

diesel
    **** BRO I FEEL U ,I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEMS U HAVE ,I CANt NO LONGER WORK OUT MAINLY CAUSE OF MY ELBOW IT ****!NG CRACKS LIKE A **** OLD TREE AND ALL THE DOCTOR DID WAS A SHOT OF CORTISONE IN MY ELBOW AND IT DIDNT DO SH!T,ACCORDING TO HIM THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ME, MAKE SURE U GO TO A REUMATOLOGY AND MAKE SURE U TRUST HIM OR HER,GOOD LUCK
    Last edited by kubano28; 04-15-2005 at 05:27 PM.

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Been in any auto accidents or anything lately? I'd see a chiropractor because it might be something like a pinched nerve in your back or a bad alignment or something.

MaxPayne is offline Junior Member
    I would look into your diet and start excercising more.Mabey try some tribilus to help you on your way.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin/Msm. Works wonders for my one nagging right front shoulder.

Thread Information