Thread: speed question

dmcf99 is offline Junior Member

speed question

i'm not sure if any of you guys would know this but, even though i know taking winny can make me faster, i need the weight that test dbol will give me, keeping up on speed and cardio workouts, the test dbol wont slow me down any will it?... i mean i figure i will weigh significatnly more, but will be a lot stronger to and if i keep up the fast twitch muscle work outs how could it slow me down?

Georgie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcf99
    i'm not sure if any of you guys would know this but, even though i know taking winny can make me faster, i need the weight that test dbol will give me, keeping up on speed and cardio workouts, the test dbol wont slow me down any will it?... i mean i figure i will weigh significatnly more, but will be a lot stronger to and if i keep up the fast twitch muscle work outs how could it slow me down?

Testosterone will raise your red blood cell count which will in turn hurt your stamina because your blood will have a harder time circulating getting oxygen to your muscles. And I would definately stay away from dbol . Dbol is just used to kick start a cycle and it just going to cause you to bloat and it going to raise your blood pressure, which will also hurt your cardio workouts.

Red blood cell (RBC) count. Red blood cells carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. They also help carry carbon dioxide back to the lungs so it can be exhaled. The red blood cell count shows the number of red blood cells in a sample of blood. If the RBC count is low, the body may not be getting the oxygen it needs. If the count is too high (a condition called polycythemia), there is a risk that the red blood cells will clump together and block tiny blood vessels (capillaries).

Seajackal is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie
    ####Testosterone will raise your red blood cell count which will in turn hurt your stamina because your blood will have a harder time circulating getting oxygen to your muscles.####

###Red blood cells carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. They also help carry carbon dioxide back to the lungs so it can be exhaled. ###.
    Bro, this two sentences contradict eachother?!?! Did I misunderstand you?!

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Theoretically test should increase stamina because it increases your red blood cell count. This is the reason 90% of biker riders in the Tour de France use EPO. However, test also causes weight gain, both water and muscle. Any increase in non-functional weight is bad for speed. Especially the weight caused by test and dbol .
    Last edited by scriptfactory; 05-03-2005 at 07:28 AM.

that definatly make sense, but i know once u end your cycle you can begin to cut and lose that excess weight you gained, and this would be a summer cycle for me to put on extra weight, and still have time to cut back down before the season in the fall, does that make sense? my question was just that in any way would the gear slow me down in the long run

Georgie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seajackal
    Originally Posted by Georgie
    ####Testosterone will raise your red blood cell count which will in turn hurt your stamina because your blood will have a harder time circulating getting oxygen to your muscles.####

###Red blood cells carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. They also help carry carbon dioxide back to the lungs so it can be exhaled. ###.

--> Well I don't know if you misunderstood, but you did not read the whole thing. Yes RBC carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.... But the paragraph goes on to say when the RBC count gets too high (which testosterone increases), your blood gets sluggish and thick and has a harder time carrying oxgen to the places that need it. "If the count is too high (a condition called polycythemia), there is a risk that the red blood cells will clump together and block tiny blood vessels (capillaries)."
    What you did was take two sentences out of context and then said they contradicted each other....

Here is some more info on the subject that I found from Bask8Kace complete with references.

Yes it [testosterone] "messes" with your stamina. Your RBC count goes up and your blood gets sluggish, your heart has a harder time moving the blood around the body. So, oxygen takes more time to get to the places it should, carbon dioxide is removed more slowly and lactic acid builds up in the absence of oxygen (see below), which makes exercise more painful.

---------------------------

NOTE: More on lactic acid:
    When energy is required to perform exercise it is supplied from the breakdown of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP). The body has a limited store of about 85 grms of ATP and would use it up very quickly if we did not have ways of resynthesising it. There are three systems that produce energy to resynthesise ATP: ATP-PC, lactic acid and aerobic.

The lactic acid system is capable of releasing energy to resynthesise ATP without the involvement of oxygen and is called anaerobic glycolysis. Glycolysis (breakdown of carbohydrates) results in the formation of pyruvic acid and hydrogens ions (H+). A build up of H+ will make the muscle cells acidic and interfere with their operation so carrier molecules, called nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+), remove the H+. The NAD+ is reduced to NADH which deposit the H+ at the electron transport gate (ETC) in the mitrochondria to be combined with oxygen to form water (H2O).

If there is insufficient oxygen then NADH cannot release the H+ and they build up in the cell. To prevent the rise in acidity pyruvic acid accepts H+ forming lactic acid which then dissociates into lactate and H+. Some of the lactate diffuses into the blood stream and takes some H+ with it as a way of reducing the H+ concentration in the muscle cell. The normal pH of the muscle cell is 7.1 but if the build up of H+ continues and pH is reduced to around 6.5 then muscle contraction may be impaired and the low pH will stimulate the free nerve endings in the muscle resulting in the perception of pain (the burn). This point is often measured as the lactic threshold or anerobie threshold or onset of blood lactate accumulation (OBLA).

Reference for note: http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/lactic.htm

thanks for the info, but thats not exactly my question, my question is after cutting the excess weight and water retention, does dbol and test slow you down in a sprint, i mean like affecting the fast twitch muscle fibers and what not

bump

skribbble is offline Member
    No it wont affect your fast twitch fibers as long as you keep training them. Just make sure you stay flexible or else you will get slower.

Thread Information