View Poll Results: Respectable bicep size?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • 14"

2 3.57%
  • 15"

5 8.93%
  • 16"

11 19.64%
  • 17"

38 67.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SensP
    Ok, sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. Just wondering what you guys think is a respectable size for a guy's biceps. Respectable in the sense that they don't look like puny fu*****.
    5 ft 11 inches and 175 is actually above the human species norm. I was reading that doctors consider a male of about 5 ft 10 inches, 155 lbs with 13.5 inch biceps to be the non-weight lifting healthy size/purportion and this is also considered to be the US Navy's recommendation for ideal size/shape.

I think on this board, someone who is 5 ft 11 inches, 175 lbs and 15.5 inch arms would be considered puny HERE, but by doctor's and US Navy standards, that is considered to be an over-muscular freak or obese!!

I am only in the low 180's/5ft 10" and even though I am 9% body fat, plugging data into the navy method calculations, I too am now considered to be obese by Navy standards as well as anyone bigger then me I think.

Just things to think about, to get 15 inch arms or larger is something our genes dont readily support without being obese. We all had to do something to break our genetic limitations, that including: lifting weights, taking steroids , etc.

SensP is offline Associate Member
    5' 10" with 13.5" biceps is their ideal? Seems to me they'd want stronger guys.

GetnSwole is offline Junior Member
    6' 5".....22" bis....

J

Britguy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    A respectable size for biceps depends on your height and body weight. 16 inch arms looks far different on someone who is 6'2" than on someone who is 5'7".

Look for a book called Beyond Brawn by Stuart McRobert. It has a chart that lists the measurements of a balanced, muscular, natural physique based on weight and height.

true. ive only got 16 inchers and im 5'8, my friend and others say they look quite big and are suprised when they find out real size, for example my friend has 18 and a half an is envious of mine, then again he has naturally wide clavicles and im more blocky/stocky with not so wide shoulders, we always want something we haven't got!

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    If your calves look big and your arms measure the same as your calves, then you have respectable biceps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    If your calves look big and your arms measure the same as your calves, then you have respectable biceps.
    Interesting. The only criteria here are looking like you have big calves (whatever that means) and exact symetry between the biceps and the calves. The ancient Greeks were of course the first to measure one element of bodily perfection by comparing the size of the calves and the biceps.

i'm 5'5 with 19" bi's, i think that's pretty big, but 19.5-20" would kick ass

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    5'11" 260lbs 20.5" and growing

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    WHAT

there no respectable size in that selection!

thank you, lift again

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    no sensp there is no way you're gonna gain a few inches per cycle. rule of thumb is one inch gained in arm size is equal to 15 lbs. LBM. maybe 2" but not likely, def. not three.

Ok. Thanks for answering me.

Logan13 is offline Banned

mudman

Mudman, looks like you have some guns in your avatar.

5'6" 179 lbs. 17.5" arms @ 8% BF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information