jbone30 is offline Associate Member

How many users have Muscle Dysmorphia?

It seems everywhere I go lately one of my friends or family says Ive gained alot of muscle mass..I just dont see it...maybe a little more cut I guess?..Anybody else get this?

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    yes all the time i see my wieght go up on the scale and people go HOLY **** MAN !! you got ****en huge and i just done see it i look the same but i notice my strengh and everyones comments so i know its working!! after i look at an old picture of myself i go oh wow !!

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I think most of us have it to some degree...

Yea my weight in 9 weeks has gone up 17 pounds with little fat..I think Im trippin out or somthing..Ill look in the mirror when Im pumped after workin out and I notice a little but other than that I feel Im the same?..Weird though as 17 pounds is alot

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone30
    Yea my weight in 9 weeks has gone up 17 pounds with little fat..I think Im trippin out or somthing..Ill look in the mirror when Im pumped after workin out and I notice a little but other than that I feel Im the same?..Weird though as 17 pounds is alot

we all experience it......since we see ourselves every single day in the mirror, we just dont see the weight being put on......but see someone you havent seen forever, they'll tell you you're huge. im up 20+ lbs and dont really feel like i've gotten bigger........

I think Im going to start with mesurements ..Although Im sure my brain will find a way to fight that one off..like water weight or somthing..lol

shrunkennutz116 is offline Associate Member
    i have it it feels like i dont grow at all but everyone else will say im getting bigger. its best to take pictures cuz when u look back ur like wow i have grown

Mutant is offline Banned
    Yea, a few of us at my gym have it. Everyone just shakes their heads and says that we are too big or just plain huge. You hear them saying in a whisper, "those guys are on steroids for sure." Like you guys I just don't see the size or growth. As I get bigger it just gets worse.

mkv213 is offline Member
    Take pics next cycle, you'll see the difference. I think it also depends on who you're comparing yourself to. I remember I went into the store to get some supplements one day and I was telling the guy about how I couldn't get my arms to grow (which in my mind compared to a pro BB my arms are tiny) and the guy started laughin and said dude you must be f**kin out of your mind cuz your arms are bigger everyday you come in here. Even at cycle's end, I didn't feel any bigger just more cut. Looking back to my size a year ago compared to now, I was huge but durning that time, I didn't think I was big at all.

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    I hate it. It drives me nuts.

Mutant is offline Banned
    Yea, sometimes I will ask a friends to compare me with a guy that I think looks around my size, and my friends will laughf and say, "are you joking, you are twice the size of that guy." Then I think my friends are messing with me.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    No, I know I'm big.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    No, I know I'm big.

~SC~
    Shoulda saw that one coming

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I was kidding of course.

I believe this happens to us all, anyone who cares about his/her physical appearance.

I used to be anorexic, and I thought I was fine...........

until I saw a certain pic of me one-day.........I was like "holy sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!"

~SC~

joevette is offline Banned
    Yeah, sometimes I'll feel small. On those days I go to the gym in a wifebeater and I can compare myself to everyone in the mirrors, and I'm the biggest guy there by 20lbs. Then I'm good to go for a week. Then I'll feel small again and repeat the process.

Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Yeah, sometimes I'll feel small. On those days I go to the gym in a wifebeater and I can compare myself to everyone in the mirrors, and I'm the biggest guy there by 20lbs. Then I'm good to go for a week. Then I'll feel small again and repeat the process.
    Hey maybe that my problem thats all I wear lately...lol

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Hey maybe that my problem thats all I wear lately...lol

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    i am not a user yet, but i notice it hits me harder especially on days where i am not sore. i go lift, feel like a beast when i am done, feel like a beast while i am sore the next day, then the soreness goes away, and i feel small again. i have gotten compl;iments before, i still have a hard time accepting them as true. Everytime i go home for a weekend, (fresh in coll.) i get accused of using gear by my parentslol , so i know i am on the right track. I dunno, to me, the mirror doesnt always look the same, if its the day after a workout, i am feeling pretty amazing though.

hey, feeling small keeps us at the gym

massff is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH
    we all experience it......since we see ourselves every single day in the mirror, we just dont see the weight being put on......but see someone you havent seen forever, they'll tell you you're huge. im up 20+ lbs and dont really feel like i've gotten bigger........
    You hit the nail on the head there, wolfy. I guess it would be the same for people that suffer from anorexia.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, sometimes I'll feel small. I have to get 20-40 more pounds to be completly satisfied

Vito_Gatti is offline Associate Member
    I consider myself to be the worst about it. And it doesn't help that every time I see a mirror I have to strike a pose. About 2 hours ago though I had the best feeling. I'm not one to walk around with my shirt off or anything, but I was sitting at my computer with my shirt off and my grandma walked into the living room and the first thing she said was "Wow". I started looking around, couldn't figure out what she was talking about. She just walked right up to me and grabbed ahold of my arm with both her arms and was like, "You're getting huge." That made me feel pretty good. Like all the work is working out for me.

jo150 is offline Associate Member

Arrow

That nothing, I gained 20lbs in 5 weeks. I had to stop my cycle after that. I feel the same way though... I don't think I look that big. my friend told me I looked bigger then he has ever seen. I have been off the cycle now for about 4-5 weeks and obly lost 2-3 lbs. it was a test e deca cycle. 500 300 per week. I can't wait for my next one. I wanna gain 20lbs again but this cycle will be for 10 weeks!

Paullusion is offline Associate Member
    ya it feckin sucks, if you're willing to put in what it takes to bodybuild you have to have musle dismorphia

Mach1 is offline Junior Member
    I just put on a little over 2 inches on my arms the last 2-3 months. I can barely tell. Everybody keeps telling me at work how big i'm getting. Since all the women are looking at me like a piece of meat I guess it's all good.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I look like sh!t to myself....But hot girls and my friend seem to think Iam pretty...After each compliment I feel good for like 15 minutes then I go looking for more...I think bodybuilders especially are very hard on themselves...

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    I think just about all who juice have some form of this. When was the last time you didn't want to just get 10-20 lbs bigger, then you put that weight on and you say it all over again. I feel like i've been just trying to get 10 lbs heavier about 40lbs ago.

Vito_Gatti is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symmetry101
    I think just about all who juice have some form of this. When was the last time you didn't want to just get 10-20 lbs bigger, then you put that weight on and you say it all over again. I feel like i've been just trying to get 10 lbs heavier about 40lbs ago.
    I can't wait until I say that...

Thread Information