nathanlgd is offline Associate Member

Hiya everyone, new boy looking for help

Hiya everyone,
    Over the past few days I've been looking into steroids on the internet, most of the websites just simply warn of the side effects and generaly try and put people off the idea. This is why forums are so valuable - straight from the horses mouth. So this is why I've stumbled upon this place
    I did join another steroid forum a few days ago so that I could run through the past posts and do a search for answers to the many questions I have. Unfortunatly, the forum I joined was a little slow and didn't hold much to offer. This place, however, seems pretty decent, I've had a read through the "newb" threads and found some pretty useful info (well played!).
    Anyway, I little about me. I started training last september (2004). I was going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week and simply taking protein shakes twice a day. At this time I was in my last few weeks of being 21 years old, I was (and still am) 5' 10'' and I was litte under 13 stone (approx. 177lb UK weight) with average body fat. Over the past 3 months or so I've been going to the gym 4 times a week and I've been eating more apropriatly (i.e. more and better), I've been taking protein shakes as usual but I've also been using amino acid capsules and creatine. Now I'm 22, still 5' 10'' I have very slightly less body fat but still around the average mark and I weigh 13 stone 1 (183lb UK).
    I have been toying with the idea of using steroids to help my progress for the past month or so and I've decided to weigh up the pros and cons to help make my decission. To do this I first need to know the pros and cons this is mainly why I'm here. From what I've read so far it seems that no one takes a single steroid by its self, everything is done by "stacking". Although I did read that some are used by them selves (or in a stack). I noticed that the main side effects in steroids are liver damage (caused by orals?) and gyno, caused by either form as well as others such as acne etc.
    Anyway, this is turning into a long thread.
    So, what I was wanting from using steroids was any strength and size gains over training without them with minimal risks. In one of those guide posts it stated the obvious in that taking steroids in smaller dosages for smaller peroids of time will result in a safer and less risky cycle but obviously, with smaller gains. This is how I intend to start with steroids, very steadily and with small (but useful) dosages. Oh, I'm also a little needle scared so I would prefer oral. So from looking through the list of steroids and there properties, the one that stands out for me straight away is Stanozolol (Winstrol ). The description with this (as most of you probably know) is it doesn't cause an increase in female hormones so no gyno, its oral (yey), its good against water retention and it gives good gains in both strength and size. Sounds good to me! Heres where the newby questions come in (sorry, I have had ago though unlike most don't). Would this steroid be ok to take on its own for a first time user in small dosages (but enough to take effect obviously) over small periods of time. I don't think I noticed a safer steroid with similar properties in gains as Winstrol, is there one?
    If anyone thinks they could offer me advice on using steroids that would suit my spec above then I'd be very greatful
    Sorry for the long read guys, thanks alot, I look forward to your replys
    Cheers

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    bro...Iv'e ben here reading for well over 7 months, tons of info to learn simply by reading past threads, those are kinda the genereic questions asked around here. Simply scrolling down the forums threads could find you the answers U seek.....

Im no expert....but I can tell U that Winny alone is not the norm....but some have done it.........

SS

joevette is offline Banned
    Just use test for a 1st cycle. BTW, wintrol is neither good for strength or size.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    orals only is a big no no.
    i think you should wait with aas to learn more and because there is still room to grow more naturelly.
    wait till you are more experienced with youre training/diet and then look in an test only cycle.
    so wait and read up for at least another year it will pay back in the future.

-rodge

UK CHRIS is offline Associate Member
    Wait and read mate you have a fair bit to learn about steroids before using them. You will also hace to get over your fear of needles.

UK CHRIS is offline Associate Member
    Oh, and welcome to AR mate I nearly forgot my manners.

seanw is offline Banned
    OK bro welcome to the board. Now its education time. Read all the links in here Newbies Starter Pack They will give you a basic overview of AAS. Now, do not do an oral only cycle especially for your first cycle, they are bad news. Your first cycle should just about always be Test only and for 12 weeks. If you want to do gear properly you will need to inject, if you arnt prepared to do that then forget it.

This is what your first cycle should look like

wk 1-12 Test E or Test C (look them up in the threads) 500mg / week

Followed by

PCT (look that up in the threads as well)

Another thing, dont bother unless you are prepared to eat at least 3000 calories and day and 300g of protein a day. Look at the bulking thread for ideas to help you there.

You need to educate yourself a lot more before starting putting this stuff into your body, but believe me you will be happy you do.

Having said all of this, I think you should workout hard for at least another year before you try AAS, you really need a solid base to see the benefits.

SensP is offline Associate Member
    Forget the winstrol . Winstrol is used for cutting, not gaining size.

Thanks alot fellas
    I'm very pleased with the response. I've taken everything on board that you've said. I'll read more and train more and I'll look into those two starting cycles.
    Is there anything else anyone wants to add before I hibernate from the forum for upto a year? (not before reading through the "newb" section again).
    Cheers

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    Tons of smart folks on here....much to learn....

The only thing I as a "newbie" could add....

Look through the B.S., and never settle or the first opinion. Re-search...re-search, see through the B.S. thats sometimes is said out there by a few.....
    Once U start researching, you'll know who feeds the BS, and also those with the know....or something

Quote Originally Posted by nathanlgd
    Thanks alot fellas
    Is there anything else anyone wants to add before I hibernate from the forum for upto a year? (not before reading through the "newb" section again).
    Cheers
    SS-

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Your test levels at your age are high enough that you don't need gear. If you aren't making progress without gear, you are doing something wrong, and gear won't fix it. If you are making progress, then no problem... you don't need gear. Serious. Your test levels start dropping like a rock in your late 20's, and that is when the recreational bodybuilder should consider using them in cycles. At age 50, generally you can consider full time hrt.

So you are looking at about 6 or 7 years before you need to mess with AAS. That is enough time to become quite the expert. This board also is really good for exercise and nutritional info, and not a bad place to just socialize. Beats hanging in the bar getting fat on beer.

heh, thanks again
    I'll look into making good gains without steroids then - if there is such a thing. I already eat quite well and as I've mentioned, I take protein shakes twice daliey and amino acids and creatine. I didn't think there was anything else I could use to help me really - other than roids.
    I'm fairly pleased with the progress so far with my training. I've but on weight, lost body fat and my muscles are starting to look more defined - still along way to go before I'll be satisfied - again, if there is such a thing

Looking into M1-T and 1-AD over on the supplement forum if anyone cars to help out there.

Thread Information