NightOp is offline Member

A Note About Forums

I just came to a conclusion. I was digging around in some old threads about something unrelated, and I stumbled upon a thread linking me to an exhaustive debate over at BB.com. As with so many subjects and medical debates in particular, there was a great deal of information and complicated (at least for me) arguing.

Dr. Evil (our local VET) was discussing a long and comprehensive subject/debate with a mod in the thread. Despite other participants of the thread, Dr. Evil made his argument with the proper mature attitude of humbleness and civility in the face of rampant and uncalled for flaming from others who were misinformed. It is my opinion and hopefully the opinion of those following the thread that Dr. Evil was correct in the end.

However that is not my point, my point in THIS thread is that many things in life and in particular, many aspects of AAS use are so much more complicated than a good deal of us realize, that you simply cannot believe everything you read or hear. My parents told me this for the longest time, but it has taken a long time for it to ring home with me. This is not to say that there can be no right and wrong answers, only that we should all be careful about accepting information that could or could not drastically affect our health (even if its a so called "case study"), because in the end, it is somewhat possible to do a study to prove almost anything, just like with polls IMO. Granted it seems most of the members give sound advice (as far as I know once again..), but some also give advice which is up for major debate. I'm one of those people, I admit. I and many other members give advice without experience. This is a two sided issue. On one side, in the majority of cases the inexperienced is giving advice that is generally accepted as true (such as an inexperienced but knowledgeable member telling a 16 year old "no, 50mg of Dbol for 12 weeks is NOT a good idea." or help with the common questions.) Once again in the Majority of these cases, the advice is given only if someone else has failed to give sound advice and is done so with good intentions. On the other side, once again I'm guilty of this too, advice can be given on a very debatable and exhaustively complicated subject which prolly should have been left for the mods/vets to tackle.

I also just want to say that after seeing that thread at BB.com (and threads at other boards) how thankful I feel to be a member at AR. Dr. Evil and so many of the other members must put hours upon hours of work into these boards helping people, and for that we are very grateful.

I did not post this to "cut open a an old wound" so to speak in regard to BB.com and that thread, but simply wanted to share what I've learned and that sometimes we are discussing topics which can be too difficult to properly address in an internet forum where tone of voice, attitude, and reasoning can be missed. I love AR for many reasons, and the way the argument was handled at BB.com by Dr. Evil and other AR members really shows the stark differences in knowledge and character between this board and others.
    Last edited by NightOp; 04-09-2002 at 09:09 PM.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Great post NightOp. You summed up why I choose to spend so much time at AR and I don't even do gear yet.

I am looking into that, but it's not about the gear that caught my attention, it was the quality of the board, it's members, the VETS and especially the mods, who most of which do this as an unpaid and thankless job.

Kudo's to you for this thread, and I feel it's an honor to be able to post on AR.

Dizzy is offline Banned

take new information and ask questions. not just here...but at other boards too. there are too many knowledgeable bros to confine yourself to one board. ask questions and research. and be sure to take everything with a grain of salt. good post night op.

quasar is offline Associate Member
    other boards? there are other boards? i think i'll just stay here. everyone is just so damn helpful

Dizzy is offline Banned
    it's your health.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    This board is hands down the BEST board ever..well some may feel different about bb.com it was nothing but people flaming each other if you ask me..IS that the purpose of a message board? I believe before you go into most message boards it says..got answers? visit our message boards for help or whatever..its made with no intention to flame and thats why i respect this board so much. Great post Night Op..your a great man of knowledge and i feel you should know that.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    AR is the best board hands down.

NightOp is offline Member
    thnx guys, but don't thank me... just like canes said, its the all membs, mods, and vets that make this place rock.

Thread Information