How to counter the "Test Flu?"

Ok, many of us start our cycles and most of us get sick. Whatever the case may be, I always get sick my second week of gear. Now to the good stuff. Does anyone know how to counter being sick due to the drop of the immune system when you re-present these substances into your body?

I'm definately trying to take any percaution neccesary to do this so if anyone has any pointers let me know. I'm sure this will also be helpful to others that share my thoughts on countering it as well.

Discuss.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    For me the cure is: Don't take sustanon LoL. Thats the only test that makes me sick for the first few days.

Hmmm...I'm taking a Cyp/Prop blend for about 4 weeks. I hope I don't get sick. Any supplements I could take to counter this? I always get sick when I start. All my friends also as we all take the same UGL gear. I'm gonna start popping Vitamin C tabs for the next two weeks. Also the Tetracycline should help me out a bit I presume?

Yeah the vit C is the only thing that comes to my mind also as far as prevention goes.

What dosage do you think?

I'd take grams of it per day. WHen I feel like I;m getting sick, I take from 5-10 grams per day. THe toxicity for C is very high, so you can take a lot of it and not worry.

sasquatch is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, I would definitely take lots of Vit C, perhaps several grams a day during the times you normally get sick, then taper off if all goes well.
    Also, you may want some good doses of B12 and some echynacea.

Taking my Vit C as we speak.

ddoublevision is offline Associate Member
    I presume thats you in the aviator TM, how much do you weigh? Height?>?

pretty fvckin big

I was about 234lbs there 6ft. Yup thats me...still not happy.

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    On another board I have heard of guys doing studies with benadryl. People were taking it right at the first signs of the t flu and were getting well very fast.

Just a thought, I have no scientific fact or knowledge to back this up....

JC

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    i take vit C 1g/ED

biggen is offline Associate Member
    echinacea it is supposed to prevent and aid in being sick. i know a few people who swear by it its also in the supplement profile section on the main site. good luck

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    vitamin c is an antihistamine... it's not going to make you not sick... if you are experiencing an allergy to the prop then it may help if the allergy causes a release of histamines... i'm not sure about this... but if it isnt causing a release of histamines then vitamin c wont do anything...

ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    T-4 gave me test flu, i was told to take vit c and ecynacea also.
    don't know if it really helped, i was fine after 48 hours.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    vitamin c is a natural antihistamine but it also might have preventing value in getting sick, it is said to boost immunity... Mega doses of vitamin C is believed to possibly shorten the course of flue etc (many grams a day).

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    Ok, many of us start our cycles and most of us get sick. Whatever the case may be, I always get sick my second week of gear. Now to the good stuff. Does anyone know how to counter being sick due to the drop of the immune system when you re-present these substances into your body?

I'm definately trying to take any percaution neccesary to do this so if anyone has any pointers let me know. I'm sure this will also be helpful to others that share my thoughts on countering it as well.

Discuss.
    Good post man. I read somewhere that to counter illness with Vit C, you should take 1,000mg ED. Also, you should look into Echinacea-Golden Seal, I believe its supposed to help boost your immune system.

Now these are the kinds of awnsers I'm looking for. Great job guys.

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    thanks for clearing that up johan... i'm sick of people telling everyone that vitamin c is the cure all for every sickness...

I gotta give everyone props for participating in this thread and myself for creating it. Keep the discussion going.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    I kicked the test flu i had in 48 hrs with lots of water, 5000mg vitamin c and rest. I sweat off the fever in 1 night really hard and lost 7 lbs in 4 hrs. once the fever broke I have been fine since. that was friday night.

I've only had a fever once during gear use. I have gotten sick a few times week 2 of most cycles.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    I've only had a fever once during gear use. I have gotten sick a few times week 2 of most cycles.
    Especially on Prop, stuff gave me some wild test flu.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member

how bout glutamine?

what about taking glutamine? i've been taking it since last september or so, and this was the first winter i went thru without getting a single cold. maybe i was just lucky or maybe it was the glutamine, not sure, but i still take it.

Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    thanks for clearing that up johan... i'm sick of people telling everyone that vitamin c is the cure all for every sickness...
    Not a cure-all, but in my experience, it does help extremely when I have flu symptoms.

wired-up is offline Member
    the last time i started feeling the test flu symptoms coming on, i took 50mg of benadryl each night for a few days. symptoms went away. no more test flu.

Drkodiak1 is offline Associate Member
    I dont think there is such thing as over-dosing on vitamin-c because vitamin c is water soluable which means if u have to much it passes through your urine

Recklace is offline Associate Member
    I take this stuff called Airborne, its got Vit C in it and a few other things. Its a fizzing drink and you can get it at any pharmacy. Works the best from what ive tried

LL08 is offline Member
    Glutamine takes part in plenty of immune system functions. Very useful when training hard. LL

Thread Information