graeme87 is offline Member

steroids/bone growth?

i read in the side effects section
    "The use of anabolic /androgenic steroids can stunt the growth potential of children and adolescents. It is interesting to note that often there is a short-term accelerated growth of the bones. With continued ingestion one must count on a premature closure of the epiphysial cartilage which leads to a growth stunt and ultimately results in a decrease in the normal predicted height. "

so let me get this right, steroids can accelerate bone growth at fist but will in the long run prematurly close the epiphysial cartilage/growth plates and there for result in an over leave the user shorter than he/she would have been?yes?

but i also read that
    "One of the many testosterone substances is the testosterone enanthate . In a man it is normally used to treat hypogonadism resulting from androgen deficiency (1) and anemia (2). Surprisingly, in medical schools testosterone enanthate is also used in women and children. Boys and male youth take it as growth therapy "

i want to draw you're atention to the part about growth therapy, surly they wouldn't use it in growth therapy if it stunts growth?
    if anyone could help me out here id really appreciate it, also if you could give me any more info on this that would be excellent.thanks a lot.
    graeme.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    at least you have done your research, but yes the excess estrogen is what closes the growth plates. Maybe the docs in your study closely monitor and suppress the excess estrogen levels. But, if you are younger in age this would not be my major concern. I would be more concerned about your endocrine system.

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    Is nolvadex an estrogen stopper/blocker?

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    yes[ but you should not rely on any anti-e to stop this/ I was just saying that the doctors could monitor the children everyday to make sure that no estrogen build up was taking place, but just b/c u use an anti-estrogen in a steroid cycle it doesnt mean that it will stop the fusure of growth plates. You should be more worried about the endocrine sysem b/c it has not fully developed ( how old are yall)

im 18 im wanting to use roids to pack on some serious size and im looking into the pros and cons of it if you like. so it's the estrogen that closes the growth plates? there for that would meen that it is the test that is responsible for the "short-term accelerated growth"?
    do you have any idea as to how much growth(height) could be expected from the short-term accelerated growth? also do you have any info on how exactly test is used in growth therapy? ie dose and duration?
    thanks.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme87
    im 18 im wanting to use roids to pack on some serious size and im looking into the pros and cons of it if you like. so it's the estrogen that closes the growth plates? there for that would meen that it is the test that is responsible for the "short-term accelerated growth"?
    do you have any idea as to how much growth(height) could be expected from the short-term accelerated growth? also do you have any info on how exactly test is used in growth therapy? ie dose and duration?
    thanks.
    dont bother with steroids bro......

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme87
    thanks.
    too many cons at your age. Wait till early-mid 20's.

thanks a lot guys for the replies. i think i'l just continue to research for now so that in a few years when im ready to use roids il know exactly what to do. i guess 193lbs isnt bad for an 18 year old anyway.

LL08 is offline Member
    smart bro, very smart keep researching theres no harm in that

SensP is offline Associate Member
    So AAS stop bone growth upwards if you take them when you're young, but can they widen the bones, or thicken them? My bones are fairly small, and it would be nice to get some more thickness in my arm and leg bones. Just curious.

P.PUMPER is offline New Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by SensP View Post
    So AAS stop bone growth upwards if you take them when you're young, but can they widen the bones, or thicken them? My bones are fairly small, and it would be nice to get some more thickness in my arm and leg bones. Just curious.
    Can somebody pleae answer this question??!!

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Transcription Factor did answer this question for you, in one of the other old threads you bumped. Next time you have a question please start your own thread.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Here's the link, his answer is at the bottom.

can deca increase bone mass????

g0dsend is offline Member
    Goto the doctor if you are concerned with your bone's. Im pretty sure I heard in the documentary Bigger Stronger Faster, there are no evidence that using anabolics fuses the growth plates, I could have heard wrong.

Steroids like Dianabol is believed to increase the strength of bones.

Thread Information