bignbald02 is offline Junior Member

shot leakage help!!

how the hell do i keep the oil from leakin out of the injection sites this is frickin buggin me. I tryed pullin the pin out slower, keepin a alcohol swab on it, smaller pins ...........anyadvice??

Scrub is offline Member
    Read through the forums. This topic has been brought up numerous times in the past week.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    what size pin are you using?

21 but it does it when i use a 25 too ....i ll check the forums too thx

1" pin also

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Posted by: "Sweet" at MuscleNexus

"This is the actual procedure to do IM injections directly out of one of my nursing textbooks. I hope it helps somebody.

It is recommended that, when administering IM injections, the Z-track method be used to minimise irritation by sealing the medication in muscle tissue. The nurse selects an IM site, preferably in larger, deeper muscles such as the ventrogluteal muscle. A new needle must be applied to the syringe after preparing the medication so that no solution remains on the needle shaft. After preparing the site with an antiseptic swab, the nurse pulls the overlying skin and subcutaneous tissues approximately 2.5-3.5 cm (1-1.5 in) laterally to the side. Holding the skin taut with the nondominant hand, the nurse injects the needle deep into the muscle. With practice, the nurse learns to hold the syringe and aspirate with one hand. The nurse injects the medication slowly if there is no blood return on aspiration. The needle remains inserted for 10 seconds to allow the medication to disperse evenly. The nurse then releases the skin after withdrawing the needle. This leaves a zig-zag path that seals the needle track where the tissue planes slide across each other. The medication can not escape from the muscle tissue.

Here is the diagram."

Alot of people find this beneficial when injecting B12...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shot leakage help!!-leakage.jpg  

big help thx Blown SC

CrispyHaole is offline Associate Member
    If your using a 1" pin in your glute, that's probably the problem right there, try a 1 1/2" and bury that biatch

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Posted by: "Sweet" at MuscleNexus

"This is the actual procedure to do IM injections directly out of one of my nursing textbooks. I hope it helps somebody.

It is recommended that, when administering IM injections, the Z-track method be used to minimise irritation by sealing the medication in muscle tissue. The nurse selects an IM site, preferably in larger, deeper muscles such as the ventrogluteal muscle. A new needle must be applied to the syringe after preparing the medication so that no solution remains on the needle shaft. After preparing the site with an antiseptic swab, the nurse pulls the overlying skin and subcutaneous tissues approximately 2.5-3.5 cm (1-1.5 in) laterally to the side. Holding the skin taut with the nondominant hand, the nurse injects the needle deep into the muscle. With practice, the nurse learns to hold the syringe and aspirate with one hand. The nurse injects the medication slowly if there is no blood return on aspiration. The needle remains inserted for 10 seconds to allow the medication to disperse evenly. The nurse then releases the skin after withdrawing the needle. This leaves a zig-zag path that seals the needle track where the tissue planes slide across each other. The medication can not escape from the muscle tissue.

Here is the diagram."

Alot of people find this beneficial when injecting B12...
    kind of hard though for delt shots

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Where did he say he was doing delt shots?

Latin is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Where did he say he was doing delt shots?
    Where did it not say? Seriously why be a %¤#¤ about it?
    He just said that it would be real hard to be able to move ur skin back that way like in the picture when u just can move one hand due to the deltoid injection.

Thread Information