xplicit is offline Member

When you take a drug test ....

When you take a drug test is that specifically for drugs or will steroids come up also. I thought to find steroids you have to be tested specifically for steroids. Im sorry it may sound dumb but i never had to take a drug test so i want to make sure in case i ever have to for a job. Thanks guys

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Gimme a five! A fuckin' five!

Don't sweat it, xplicit. This is probably one of the most common questions we see around here, and the answer is no - drug tests will not pick up steroids .

The most common test used is a five-panel drug screen, intended to scan for the following five items:

1. THC (marijuana)
    2. Amphetamines (including Ritalin, Adderall, etc.)
    3. Opiates (including Codeine, Vicodin, Percocet, Oxycontin, and other popular drugs that a few of the little boys around here like to play with)
    4. Cocaine
    5. PCP

Steroid testing is expensive, so no employer will do it. Even in a military or a probation/parole situation (as opposed to a routine situation that covers standard drug testing), there must be reasonable suspicion before it is ordered.

A few companies use an 8 or 10-panel screen, but this also does not cover steroids.

If you are looking at employment, and depending on your field, remember that drug testing may not be a one-shot deal. Many companies test as part of the pre-employment process, but you might be tested at other times if you are in a safety-sensitive positon. This includes pre-employment, post-accident (after you have been involevd in an accident), reasonable suspicion, and random (in which a company has to perform randomized testing on a certain percentage of its workforce - especially common in the transportation industry).
    Last edited by TNT; 04-16-2002 at 11:41 PM.

xplicit is offline Member
    Thanks TNT a lot of the members here comment on how your one of the best guys for help and advice on these boards. You give great thought answers and explanations i hope you answer more of my questions in the future if not ill just bombard you with PM's lol. Thanks for the help to my question i appreciate it.

Thread Information