D00fy is offline Anabolic Member

Post Uses of Cytomel(GOOD READ!)

Article By Doom

Uses For Cytomel

I think it's about time for us all to get ot know the REAL cytomel. Not the horrible thyroid wrecking drug it's known to be, and not the magical fat killer some think it is either. For those of you who do not know what drug i'm referring to, please see the Cytomel info section in this forum before you continue reading.
    This drug was developed to be a synthetic form of t3, the form of thyroid you actually use. Your body makes t4 and converts it to t3, so it only makes sense to use t3 since that conversion rate is sometimes not very good. The absorbtion of t3 isn't always great either. Some people have trouble absorbing the tablet in the intestine. The t4 version is called synthroid and is not nearly as strong. I do not know the dosages, but you will need more of that drug. Cytomel is measured in micrograms, just like clen is. Common uses are anywhere from 25mcg's per day all the way up to 300 or so used by the pros. What is the effective dose? That depends on what you are using the drug for. The two uses are of course during a bulking phase or a cutting phase.

Cytomel for bulking

I use this one during all of my cycles. There are a couple reasons for this. The number one reason is(and some might disagree) , it increases protein synthesis due to increased metabolism. It speeds everything up, therefore making your body process protein faster and more efficiantly. This is a double edge sword though, if you don't eat enough you WILL lose muscle. I STRONGLY suggest that you only use this drug while on AS due to the anticatabolic properties of the AS. I find that most people who complain about muscle loss are using too much of this drug. When I use it for bulking, I use from 25mcg up to 50mcg and no more. I have never noticed any muscle loss and ive been gaining well on my cycles. I do not use it in the beginning of my cycle. I use it for only 4-6 weeks and my cycle will last around 10-12 or so. When I'm on a cycle, I believe in EATING to get big. I eat anything and everything I see. It usually takes me around 4-5 weeks before the fat cells begin to swell up due to the burger king and mcdonlds Once that happens, I start on the Cytomel at 25mcg per day. This is a good time to start for another reason as well. At this time ive been on AS for a good 5 weeks and my body is getting used to them somewhat. Throwing in some t3 will help keep that protein synthesis alive and going strong. Another reason I like it is, it makes me hungry. By the 5th weeks I'm usually sick of stuffing my face and the new hunger is welcomed. I will then go up to 50mcg after two weeks, then 75 two weeks later. Every time I increase the dosage, I keep that in mind when I'm eating. I make sure to taper down from 50- 25 in one week, then 25- nothing the next. This will give me about one week left on the cycle wich is good because I will then go straight into a ketogenic diet after. The Cytomel has a MUCH different use at that time, and this will give me a good 4-5 weeks off the drug before I will use it on my diet. I find that cycles with t3 will keep you leaner, and help you make greater gains.
    Cytomel for dieting

For dieting I use Cytomel different than most. The majority of people just get on it in the beginning of the diet , start at a certain dose and taper up. THESE are the people who begin complaining about muscle loss from this drug. I like to use it to keep me in a "normal" state while dieting. See, when you diet you are taking in less calories than you burn causing a deficit. This deficit should be around 200-500 cals less than your caloric maintainance level(calories burned in one day). Now, it would be nice if you could just take away 500 cals from your maintainance level and lose one pound of weight a week (500x7days= 3500 cals). The problem is, your body gets smart to what your doing.For some reason your body does not want you to lower fat %, its a survival thing. It lowers your metabolic rate by slowing everything down, and your temp lowers as well. This is known as thyroid downregulation and since we have a drug that is a thyroid raiser, we can bring it back. I have found that it takes about 3-4 weeks for my temp to lower while on a diet. I then take 25mcg of t3 and it will usually raise my temp back to normal. I repeat this process until i am at 75-100mcg. once im at 75 or so, i will begin to eat maintainance level calories and taper down from 75-0 mcgs going down 25 a week. The eating maintainance level calories will naturally bring the metabolism back, and while tapering off the cytomel at this time, i have found it works great. Once my temp is back to normal for a week or so, I will lower my calories again and begin dieting. I can now repeat the whole process with the cytomel. By doing it this way, you are using it to stay normal and get the most out of your diet. there is no reason to just take150mcg's , you will just burn tons of muscle. I also think its a good idea to take some type of AS while on a diet. This will ensure you are doing everything to combat muscle loss. By controlling your calories right and using this technique, you shouldnt lose much muscle at all and should have a very sucessful diet.
    A couple of other things I would like to point out about this drug is, for one.. it will not shut your thyroid down or ruin it. I have known people who tested this theory and it did NOT do anything to them . They took up to 300mcgs and just got off with little taper, very little weight was gained back!! This was thought to be true in the beginning, and it has just stuck. I have not seen ONE piece of research, or a medical case where someones thyroid was messed up due to cytomel use. Trust me, I've been looking. The ONLY reason i taper off of this drug is a reason no one ever brings up.. it will cause hair loss if you dont!! that is the bad part of cytomel. This drug has gotten a very bad name just because people spread what they hear instead of questioning things and researching. I would rather use this drug than clen anyday or the eca stack. So, weather your bulking or cutting.. this one has a use to help you out. Remember to divide your doses, this may mean cutting a tab in half. Springs on the way.. im sure some of you are gonna be dieting, hope this helps! peace

quasar is offline Associate Member
    hmmmm..very interesting

thats why i wanted to use t3 before when everyone said it was to much for a newbie:P in a 1st cycle:P

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Good post, fuck it I may go back and add it in my cycle. I will wait and see how my body is doing and then consider it. Thanks for the good read!

DMX

yep ,just research t3 some more

Dizzy is offline Banned
    damn fine read. who is doom brother doofy?

from freakymuscle.com

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    thanks doofy, very informing, something somewhat overlooked for a large part

PunkRawk is offline Member
    he's from freakymuscle and a.com......good bro...

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Reality check . . .

Guys and gals, follow me on this for a second . . .

As I write this, I've got a chicken in the oven. Really, I do. No big whoop, it just happens to be coincidental, but that's where it is.

Before I put it into the oven, I spiced it up with a salt-free mixture I concocted that I pre-mix and keep round so I don't have to hassle with individual spices every time I roast a freakin' chicken. It has almost equal parts of garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, dry mustard, and coarse black pepper, and mcCormick's salt-free Poultry Seasoning (to get a bit of thyme, sage, rosemary, marjoram, and nutmeg into the mix).

Now, that makes a good mix. And obviously, you get the full effect of the mix - you don't taste just one particular spice.

If I make something else, I make go heavier on a particular spice and leave the others out. Shrimp Scampi, obviously, ain't gonna have a lot of things in it. (For you young gourmets out there, scapmi is heavy on the garlic - you want it to come through with some potency, so you don't junk it up with a lot of otehr spices.)

Now, it sounds like I have a lot of shit in the chicken I have in the oven right now, but the truth is that I don't. I can list another 50-or-so spices I've got in the kitchen right now that I didn't use. (No, I'm not a spice freak, but a few years ago I decided to learn about healthy cooking for my parents, and one of the keys to cooking healthy is to cut out all added salt and to learn to use spices creatively.)

Now, let's bring the message home.

An anabolic steroid cycle is not a matter of throwing in everything but the kitchen sink. It's not a matter of saying, "Cytomel ? Hey, I didn't think of that! I guess I'll just add it to the mix!" Or deca , d-bol, or anything else.

It's not a matter of going to the Drug Profiles section of A.R., looking at the list and saying, "Hey, I'll have one of everything!" Doing AS is not like reading a menu in a Chinese restaurant and choosing one from Column A and two from Column B.

And it's not a matter of the type of quesiton we sometimes see here at A.R. - "Hey, I just scored some [fill in the blank]. What is it, and how do I use it?"

In short, D00fy and my other young bros and bro-ettes, if Cytomel has a place in your cycle, then learn about it and use it intelligently. But in most cases, Cytomel will not be part of a general cycle, and it will almost never be part of a first cycle.

End of sermon. I gotta take a chicken outta the oven.

P.S. Not a bad article, D00fy. But remember that you can write teh same article about the wonders and magic of any AS, so you have to take any articles that claim any one AS as a wonder drug with a grain of salt. I'd be curious, though, about where you found it (can you give us a URL?) - the piece is well written, but I do have to question an article in which the author's name is Doom.

can i get some chicken?

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Originally posted by D00fy
    can i get some chicken?
    LMFAO me too i want some dead bird!!!

hey TNT - good point. bro have you ever just written a sentance or two. LOL. you should really think about writing a book on the intelligent use of steriods .

yah ,TNT is educated on the subject one day il be knowledgable also

PunkRawk is offline Member
    i think doom copied it from somewhere else...i don't think he wrote it...

hehe

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    well i guess i learned something new!!

maybe it should be used after metabolism has slowed after several years of high calories and heavy cycles??

Kid Shred is offline Member
    I like the Chicken in the Oven Analogy

solid90062 is offline Member
    THe more i actually hear about cytomel the more i dont like it.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I have to really question the use of T3 in bulking.

Doom (the apparent autor of the article) didn't quote any medical lit. on his theory that T3 does help in protien synthesis, it's just a theory he is proposing.

Also, it seems he is a sloppy eater on bulk cycles and he justifies using T3 to balance his McD's and BK binges.

I have had friends with overactive thyroids and they were always really f**king skinny guys no matter how much they ate; they DID NOY pack on muscle. Sorry, but the T3 for aiding muscle growth via increased protien synthesis theory has too many holes in it for me.

Thread Information