rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer

torn pectoralis major while benching

yesterday when i was benchpressing i ripped off my pec. major.
    i was warmed up well did pyramide 5x110kg,5x120kg,5x130kg,5x140kg,5x150kg and then wanted to do 160kg.
    the first rep felt really good but the second one i lowered the bar and when i pushed out it was like you break a piece of wood.
    i knew immediatly that this was'nt good, my whole pec ripped lose from underneeth my armpit.
    we went to the hospital but they said they can only re-attesh him after a couple of days.
    i,m hoping that the healing will be fast but i have really no id what time it will take.

anybody have experience with these kind of injurys?
    how where the results after surgery?
    when could you start training again?

-rodge

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i ripped a pec at the beginning of a wrestling season one year, was out for almost the whole season, you will most likely be out of doing any chest exercises for atleast 10 weeks stressing the word atleast

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    I've heard alot of success stories using HGH to speed up really bad muscle tears like that one, might want to look into it at least. Obviously it wouldn't fix it over night but it might get him back into the gym a bit faster

Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    I've heard alot of success stories using HGH to speed up really bad muscle tears like that one, might want to look into it at least. Obviously it wouldn't fix it over night but it might get him back into the gym a bit faster

i allready started hgh 5 weeks ago so i will contineu that as i figured that would help me recover a bit faster, i'm on aas year round so this might give it a litle push in the right direction also.

does anybody know how my pec will look like after surgery? will it be symetrical again? what about strenght after recovery(weak spot)?

-rodge

bump

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    you may have a slight "dimple" in your pec, depending on how succesfull surgery is. scar is gruesome, but a buddy of mine did it and just covered it up with a badass tatoo.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    DON'T delay surgery

carlc is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rep
    DON'T delay surgery
    I have to concur - I ripped my pec last year and just left it to heal on it's own - I will always regret that - now I have more than a slight "dimple" in my pec when I flex, as well as there being now an obvious difference in shape from the right to the left side of my chest. I have seen many worse pec tears, but if I had to do it again, I definitely would have gotton it dealt with at the time, instead of just ignoring it. GH might speed up the healing process, but without having doctors work on the muscle, it will just grow back where it ended up after it ripped - not neccessarily where it SHOULD be.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by carlc
    I have to concur - I ripped my pec last year and just left it to heal on it's own - I will always regret that - now I have more than a slight "dimple" in my pec when I flex, as well as there being now an obvious difference in shape from the right to the left side of my chest. I have seen many worse pec tears, but if I had to do it again, I definitely would have gotton it dealt with at the time, instead of just ignoring it. GH might speed up the healing process, but without having doctors work on the muscle, it will just grow back where it ended up after it ripped - not neccessarily where it SHOULD be.
    a torn pec muscle will not repair itself ?? you must not have torn it

Big Rig is offline Associate Member
    What causes the muscles to tear like that?

It seems I've been hearing alot of this lately. I've seen a guy tear the bottom of his bicep. The muscle just curled up to the top. Nasty lookin!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    a torn pec muscle will not repair itself ?? you must not have torn it

exactly what i was thinkin

-rodge

winny100 is offline Junior Member
    ok i tore mine right of the bone 5 weeks ago.

had it re attached 3 weeks ago by surgery ( 2 weeks after )

a few points

u need an mri scan

if it needs surgery u want to do it soon as possible

u will be immobilzed for 6 weeks with a sling

then physio after

3 months after surgery u can train chest, but not heavy till 6 months after surgery

full tears will not heal themselves - hence getting a scan early is important

if it heals itself it is a partial tear

gh and certain steriods should help recovery (deca , primo, anavar ,eq)

this is the protocol, the best surgoen in uk did mine and explained all this.

i hope this helps

please pm me if i can help in any way

3 weeks till this damn slings off

dragon69 is offline Member
    for now ICE! every day. then get it examined later to see the extent of the damage. Surgery is usually only done on extensive tears, so be prepared to hear that.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    good luck bro!! i feel for you!!

your makin me sound like a pu$$y hahahaha

i've had surgery 2 weeks after it happened,this is now 8.5 weeks ago.

i was out of my sling after 2 weeks and started training legs(no squats) 4 weeks after surgery i started training bicep/tricep(light),6 weeks after surgery i started training back and at the 8 week i was training chest/shoulders lightly and can hit hard on back/bicep/tricep.

my physical therapist and the doc that did the surgery are amazed on how fast i recuperate with help of:
    test-e 375mg ew
    deca 200 mg ew
    hgh 3iu ed
    4 weeks lr3 igf-1 at 50mcg ed

-rodge

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    yesterday when i was benchpressing i ripped off my pec. major.
    i was warmed up well did pyramide 5x110kg,5x120kg,5x130kg,5x140kg,5x150kg and then wanted to do 160kg.
    the first rep felt really good but the second one i lowered the bar and when i pushed out it was like you break a piece of wood.
    i knew immediatly that this was'nt good, my whole pec ripped lose from underneeth my armpit.
    we went to the hospital but they said they can only re-attesh him after a couple of days.
    i,m hoping that the he****g will be fast but i have really no id what time it will take.

anybody have experience with these kind of injurys?
    how where the results after surgery?
    when could you start training again?

-rodge
    I have the same tear.. mine happend while doing shoulder presses. I went to jail the next day and never got it treated. I have lost about 15% of the strength in my right pec.. as result my right tricep takes over in most of my pushing exercies. My right tri is much much stronger then my left. As far as my right pec goes.. like i say it's about 15% weaker.. which is not really much, but when i flex it's flat now. I had an issue with my flat pec for a few years... but now i'm like **** it. Wish it had never happend.

hulkzer is offline Associate Member
    my brother ripped his peck major off it was bad. instantly brused and all the muscle sat in front of his peck like a girl tity. he couldn't lift for about 5-6months its not the end of the world he is almost back to what he was lifting. it took over a year and a half. doc says no barbell bench ever, only dumbells. hope every thing goes well
    zer

darmadoc is offline Member
    I did the same thing. It is a classic AAS related injury. Muscle grows much faster than tendon. Essentially your muscle rips the tendon off the bone. I have considerable asymetry but complete strength and mobility 3 years after my surgery. It was a tough surgery. It will be quite a while before you are back in the gym. If you are still cycling, check your blood pressure. Mine was so high that I needed to take something to get it down. Otherwise they would not have done the surgery.

bigsupplyeu is offline Banned
    I'll be praying for your quick recovery.

diesel21 is offline Member
    i ripped mine about 3 months ago, and had active release done too.. i still feel it when flexing and lifting, not 100% back yet at all..... my real problem is that i tore the tendon, muscle will/should heal quicker

i had the ripped of the bone to. no pain when flexing anymore and all workouts except chest are back on track.i'm really amazed about how fast the recovery went cause today is exactly 9 weeks since surgery.

-rodge

quaker48 is offline Associate Member
    I ripped mine 2 yrs ago, it will take at least 8 months before u will to get bacl to doing Light barbell benc press. when i was able to start lifting with my chest I did nothing but machines with very light weightwith a ton of reps. LIke i said it has been to years and my bench hasnt been the same. you will probly hve to change your grip as well. I have to go really wide now
    Last edited by quaker48; 07-08-2005 at 08:22 AM.

ACKBAR is offline Junior Member
    How do you prevent somthing like this?

Quote Originally Posted by quaker48
    I ripped mine 2 yrs ago, it will take at least 8 months before u will to get bacl to doing Light barbell benc press. when i was able to start lifting with my chest I did nothing but machines with very light weightwith a ton of reps. LIke i said it has been to years and my bench hasnt been the same. you will probly hve to change your grip as well. I have to go really wide now
    i'm allready doing bench presses and incline presses. my grip remained the same. the weight is slowly going up.i'm planning on doing higher reps for the future (12-15) instead of the low reps i did when it happened.last monday i did my benchpresses with 110lbs 4 sets of 15 reps under supervision of my physical therapist.i know its gonna take a long time till its fully recovered but i'm not complaining on how it goes cause i never expect to workout this fast.as i said all muscle groups(except chest) are back on track with regular weights,only thing thats changed is that my rep range is higher.

-rodge

keep us posted rodge

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by winny100
    keep us posted rodge

good luck

thanks bro and good luck to you to. i hope you will recover as fast as i do.
    are you out off your sling allready?

-rodge

i have been told to wear it six weeks, how come urs is 2

only 3 weeks to go

its crap

Quote Originally Posted by winny100
    i have been told to wear it six weeks, how come urs is 2

only 3 weeks to go

its crap
    thats what they told me to but the thing drived me crazy so i took it off and just let my arm hang to my body.then slowly i started moving my arm as long as it did'nt hurt.but even after those 2 weeks the mobilty of my arm was drasticly lowered as we noticed when i started physical therapy after 6 weeks.
    i really can say that the hgh/igf-1 helped merecover this fast

-rodge

i am taking jino
    and deca

5iu a day

its driving me nuts

thanks for your input

beast N°1 is offline Junior Member
    that's awful dude, hope your recover soon!

if i took gh i'd be brand new

darmadoc is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ACKBAR
    How do you prevent somthing like this?
    Pay attention to your body! I felt a "twinge" but HAD to get in that last rep. That was when I felt it give. When you are on AAS you need to be super careful, especially when you are on your first cycles and are going nuts in the gym because things are improving so quickly.

Dark Bird is offline Associate Member
    Tore mine. I just happened to run gh a couple weeks after that (what a coincidence), healed in two months. Of course mine wasnt too too bad, didnt need surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    Pay attention to your body! I felt a "twinge" but HAD to get in that last rep. That was when I felt it give. When you are on AAS you need to be super careful, especially when you are on your first cycles and are going nuts in the gym because things are improving so quickly.
    i felt nothing before it happened it came out of nothing.
    but i agree on paying attention to your body,don't let the weight take over a good form.lift as heavy as you can with a good form and understand that aas makes your muscles stronger then your tendons can adapt so don't go up to fast in weight.

-rodge

same here no warning

ditto, no warning, just a tear thats happened in 1 sec

Thread Information