rsmihula is offline Associate Member

Arrow syringe size and needle

I have received my order and got the 10cc/ml syringes instaed of the 3cc/ml does this really matter? Also I didn't receive my 25gauge 1 inch neddle can I use 23 gauge an 1.5 inch in the quads? Thanks bro can't wait to start the test/eq cycle.........................

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    i would order more syringes and order more pins
    but personaly i have used 23ga 1.5" pins in my quads with no problems
    i have 30" thighs though

rsmihula is offline Associate Member
    Ill order more pins my quads are not that big why would it be bad to use a 10cc/ml syringe?
    Last edited by rsmihula; 04-23-2005 at 10:38 AM.

tdawg is offline Associate Member
    i use 23g 1 1/2 in my thigh...i just leave 1/2 an inch sticking out

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    i use 23g 1 1/2 in my thigh...i just leave 1/2 an inch sticking out
    bad idea what if you twitch a bit and the tip of your needle just happened to be less than a millimeter from puncturing a vain or arterie
    then you'll end up injecting directly into your blood stream even though you aspirated and got no blood
    all it takes is a little slip

exnihilo1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegr8One View Post
    bad idea what if you twitch a bit and the tip of your needle just happened to be less than a millimeter from puncturing a vain or arterie
    then you'll end up injecting directly into your blood stream even though you aspirated [/U]and got no blood

what do you mean aspirated? do you think you can walk me through pinning step by step i dont want to do it wrong. thanks

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Pulling gear from your vial:
    (These steps must be followed every time prior to injecting)

- Wash your hands thoroughly prior to everything.
    - Clean the tops of your vials with an alcohol swab(allow it to dry on it's own. DO NOT BLOW ON THE VIAL)
    - Open your syringe + Pin.
    (DO NOT TOUCH THE PIN. You do not want to contaminate the gear)
    (USE A NEW SYRINGE AND PIN EVERY TIME - THEY ARE CHEAP)
    - Pull back on the plunger to about how much you will be injecting
    (If your injecting 1cc then pull back to about 1cc of air prior to stabbing your vial)
    - Stab your vial and push in the air. This will create a vacuum effect so pulling the gear should be easier.

Note:
    -I would highly recommend using a 21-22 gauge to pull the gear. 23-25 gauge can be somewhat difficult.
    -It is possible but remember stabbing through that rubber stopper can dull the needle... Which can and will cause some pain and discomfort.

Injecting your Gear:
    - Once again make sure you do not touch the needle in any of these steps.
    - If you are changing your needle between pulling and injecting, be sure to pull air before switching so you do not waste any gear.
    - Make sure air bubbles are all at top and slowly push on the plunger until you get some fluid.
    (Do not worry if it runs down the needle. It will do no harm. It is sterile. If anything it helps lube it up)
    - Clean the site you will be injecting with alcohol. (Once again, do not blow on it)
    - Push the needle into the muscle. Some choose to do it quick others choose to do it slowly. It is up to you
    (DO NOT push it all the way in. Keep some of the needle visible. If it were to ever snap off, you do not want to be going to the ER because you pushed it in all the way)
    - Once the needle is into the muscle. You MUST aspirate . Pull back on the plunger slightly. If you see small what looks like air bubbles you are good. If you see droplets of blood. Pull out and change your needle because you most likely are in a vein. And should not be injecting there.
    - Push the gear into the muscle slowly and steadily.
    - Once plunger is fully pushed down. Wait about 10 secs before pulling the needle out.

c-Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegr8One View Post
    then you'll end up injecting directly into your blood stream even though you aspirated and got no blood
    Makes no sense? U only need a 1inch pin for quads. And leaving 1/2 inch out will make it a one inch pin........? your not supposed to jam the whole needle in your leg all the way down.... What do you plan on doing when you snap the pin off? Besides having a good story to the ER?

Your shooting with a 1 1/2 and putting it all the way in. Stupid. All u need is a 1 1/2 inch for glute. everything else 1inch is fine.

exnihilo1 is offline New Member
    so i guess what freaked me out was puncturing a vain or arterie. what happens if it go's in a vain or arterie?

and also thanks for teaching me the step by steps C-Z!

c-Z
    NP recently did a post on another forum. so i just copied it LOL....

if it bled u probably nicked a vein. as long as you are aspirating. your good to go.
    (Pull back on syringe slightly you should see small air bubbles) Good to go if no blood

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    you guys realize this thread is several years old, right?

CaliPhotog is offline Associate Member
    Hahahah. . That's funny! Still a good read if somebody wants to know about pinning.

DEE151 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmihula View Post
    I have received my order and got the 10cc/ml syringes instaed of the 3cc/ml does this really matter? Also I didn't receive my 25gauge 1 inch neddle can I use 23 gauge an 1.5 inch in the quads? Thanks bro can't wait to start the test/eq cycle.........................
    use the 23g 1.5'for your glutes bro.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by DEE151 View Post
    use the 23g 1.5'for your glutes bro.
    considering he asked the question four and a half years ago, he may not still be waiting for an answer.

DEE151 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    considering he asked the question four and a half years ago, he may not still be waiting for an answer.
    WTF 4 1/2 yrs ago

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Leave it to a newbie every time...

Thread Information